England v Italy - 13th Feb at 14:15

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

England v Italy - 13th Feb at 14:15

Post by JP14 »

I've started a separate thread for this weekend's match against Italy, so the Six Nations 2021 thread can be for just non-England related stuff if that's okay.

I think Jones has got to be really careful with the game this weekend and can't take it lightly, as Squidge rightly points out in his latest video, despite the 10-50 scoreline the Azzurri are no longer the mugs they once were:

https://youtu.be/E4Fzm7KKHL4
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: England v Italy - 13th Feb at 14:15

Post by Scott1 »

Expect Sinckler and Vunipola to come back in (suspensions and injury permitting) Lawes to replace Hill and Ford back in then as you were.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

JP14 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:36 am I've started a separate thread for this weekend's match against Italy, so the Six Nations 2021 thread can be for just non-England related stuff if that's okay.

I think Jones has got to be really careful with the game this weekend and can't take it lightly, as Squidge rightly points out in his latest video, despite the 10-50 scoreline the Azzurri are no longer the mugs they once were:

IMO if England don't put 50 point on them too, then we all know where England are in terms of form and execution. Ford has to start at 10, bench the rust-ridden Sarries and let the new blood have a good crack at it.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

TigerCam wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:40 am
JP14 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:36 am I've started a separate thread for this weekend's match against Italy, so the Six Nations 2021 thread can be for just non-England related stuff if that's okay.

IMO if England don't put 50 point on them too, then we all know where England are in terms of form and execution. Ford has to start at 10, bench the rust-ridden Sarries and let the new blood have a good crack at it.
« Rust-ridden » Sarries. Love it!!!!
Semper in excretia
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Italy were really nice to watch, with a bit of luck they might of scored a couple more tries, if they can keep that ridiculously inexperienced side together they will get better, the 9 & 10 look very good, Glaws will need to work to keep Varney.
I expect (but don't want) the same England side bar a couple of tweaks, EJ can remove the covering of cheat rust, the performance as much as scoreline will be more important this weekend.
Although not terribly impressed by Lawrence he needs to start again, otherwise the Scotland appearance was pointless.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:45 pm Italy were really nice to watch, with a bit of luck they might of scored a couple more tries, if they can keep that ridiculously inexperienced side together they will get better, the 9 & 10 look very good, Glaws will need to work to keep Varney.
I expect (but don't want) the same England side bar a couple of tweaks, EJ can remove the covering of cheat rust, the performance as much as scoreline will be more important this weekend.
Although not terribly impressed by Lawrence he needs to start again, otherwise the Scotland appearance was pointless.
A kicking game won't help utilise Lawrence's game style. Hopefully Ford comes in, and he can bring Lawrence into the game more to use his power game - my view on him is he is similar to Manu, but is quicker and more intelligent on his running lines to manipulate soft shoulders of defenses. Hopefully some short passes off Ford or some of Ford's different outlook on reading the game will bring players into the game more and show what they can do.

Either that or Farrell needs to use his players much better than he did against Scotland.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

I didn't see Italy v France game. Any rays of hope for the Italians?

I think it's unfortunate for them that England will now have a point to prove and ground to make up.
Super User
Super User

ourla wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:23 pm I didn't see Italy v France game. Any rays of hope for the Italians?

I think it's unfortunate for them that England will now have a point to prove and ground to make up.
They gave it a lash...half backs look good, France just waited for the errors & took them apart, Dupont is ridiculously good.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I thought Italy were game but lacking in a cutting edge, they miss a Parisse type to lead them, France were not really troubled much in any part of the play. I like Italy and they have a couple of decent players in the making, but they look naïve at times. Jones and a fair few of his "senior" players must know their positions are on the line here, the suits won't countenance a loss to Italy, their prawn sarnies could come under threat.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Sinckler and Mako come into the 28 man squad with Williams and West dropping out.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:03 pm Sinckler and Mako come into the 28 man squad with Williams and West dropping out.
West?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Super User
Super User

Scott1 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:07 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:03 pm Sinckler and Mako come into the 28 man squad with Williams and West dropping out.
West?
Dorian made a comeback.... :smt005
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I thought Jones could only change the squad if a member got injured, not because Mako has regained fitness for five seconds before he gets crooked again and Sinckler's match ban has ended?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

JP14 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:31 pm
Forgive me if I'm wrong but I thought Jones could only change the squad if a member got injured, not because Mako has regained fitness for five seconds before he gets crooked again and Sinckler's match ban has ended?
Thought they were still picked in the original 28?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

No they wasn’t and yes we were supposed to retain a 28 man squad bubble throughout so God knows.I’ve just worked out who West is too