Away vs Quins Sat 13th Feb

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Away vs Quins Sat 13th Feb

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Next week away vs Quins is going to be a great challenge. Back to back wins for this team will be huge!

Got to see how Nadolo's hamstring goes, but Murimurivalu did well when he came on.

I'd go with a similar team, maybe start Wells over Green, if Nadolo is out, I'd play Murimurivalu and bring Porter onto the bench with his versatility.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Away vs Quins Sat 13th Feb

Post by Scott1 »

I’d keep the same team too,injuries permitting. They deserve it!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:34 pm Next week away vs Quins is going to be a great challenge. Back to back wins for this team will be huge!

Got to see how Nadolo's hamstring goes, but Murimurivalu did well when he came on.

I'd go with a similar team, maybe start Wells over Green, if Nadolo is out, I'd play Murimurivalu and bring Porter onto the bench with his versatility.
Agree but play a proper 7 - and keep the props on a bit longer!!
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Now the Tigers match was worth watching rather than the dire England tripe!
This to me is a must win game and I hope Henry can maintain yesterdays skills v Smith. I feel Nadolo should be rested to fully recover and Murimurivalu on the wing with or Potter / Porter on the bench. Wigglesworth v Care will be good but discipline will be the deciding factor there as they do have a lot of wind-up merchants. Go Tigers :smt023
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

We can watch Cole make a mess of Marler again.
There is an argument for picking Wallace with a point to prove maybe?
A proper 7 @ 7, Reffell v Evans will be good to see.
I wouldn't pick Wigglesworth but that's ever let alone Sat...he has a knack of creating slow ball for us, let alone the other issues.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I wouldn't make too many changes, apart from starting either Reffell or Wallace to counter the threat of Evans at the breakdown.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Not sure Nadolo will be fit for this one so I’d go for:

15 Freddie Steward
14 Kobus Van Wyk
13 Matías Moroni
12 Matt Scott
11 Kini Murimurivalu
10 Zack Henry
9 Richard Wigglesworth
1 Luan de Bruin
2 Julián Montoya
3 Dan Cole
4 Tomás Lavanini
5 Harry Wells
6 Hanro Liebenberg
7 Tommy Reffell
8 Jasper Wiese

Replacements

16 Tom Youngs
17 Nephi Leatigaga
18 Joe Heyes
19 Calum Green
20 Cyle Brink
21 Jack Van Poortvliet
22 Johnny McPhillips
23 Guy Porter

Porter is a useful option on the bench as can cover multiple positions. Would like to see Reffell start at 7 with Brink impact off the bench. Would start Wells as he’s a bit more of a nuisance type player who will be able to get at Quins. Otherwise largely the same as against Worcester.

Will be a tough game for sure but I’m feeling confident about this one. Tigers by 5 :smt023
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
tigercub21

Post by tigercub21 »

i’m really liking the fact that steve seems to be not wanting to change the team much and i love it! if we can build stability then once the england boys are back we should be in a very good position. :smt023
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Not expecting much from this game. A cohesive team effort and maybe a LBP is a reasonable expectation.

.... Maybe if Smith and Dombrandt could be called up for England to replace Farrell and Billy I'd be happy.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Goodevibrations
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Goodevibrations »

This will be a real indication as to where we are. We haven't won an away game in the league for a very long time and psychologically it would be huge if we could get a win here.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

wormus wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:53 pm This to me is a must win game
Why? Just curious...
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

Goodevibrations wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:39 pm This will be a real indication as to where we are. We haven't won an away game in the league for a very long time and psychologically it would be huge if we could get a win here.
The last time we didn’t lose an away game in the league was in December 2019....... against Quins. We drew 30-30
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Not sure what Brink has done to be dropped, thought he ran hard and was really physical vs Worcester. This obsession with having a “genuine” 7 is bizarre if I’m honest. You’ll get turned over if you don’t look after the ball properly, by anyone. The way our defence has been improving, getting off the line and pressurising the opposition has been decent to force errors. I’m sticking with Brink.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Quins haven't been good at home of late, the game will be a real indicator as to whether their current form is a dead cat bounce or not in my opinion.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

westwinds31 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:37 pm Not sure what Brink has done to be dropped, thought he ran hard and was really physical vs Worcester. This obsession with having a “genuine” 7 is bizarre if I’m honest. You’ll get turned over if you don’t look after the ball properly, by anyone. The way our defence has been improving, getting off the line and pressurising the opposition has been decent to force errors. I’m sticking with Brink.
Just my personal opinion. I like having a natural 7 at 7. I think both Reffell and Wallace have been great for us and I think it makes for a more balanced back row. I agree that Brink has played well and deserves the spot too though.

It's great having a choice of high calibre options rather than having to shoehorn players in out of position. Strength in depth and if I see Reffell, Wallace or Brink starting at 7 at the weekend, tbh I will be more than happy with that.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!