OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Re: Away vs Quins Sat 13th Feb

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Crofty wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:55 pm
TigerBoy1880 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:26 pm
Crofty wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:23 pm

I've seen this film before, plenty to worry about...
Such as?
In the immediate aftermath of the Wasps game at Welford Road last season (which we won) we were about where we are now league wise iirc. We went on to earn relegation, only Sarries cheating kept us up...
Well it’s ring fencing this season so just relax and enjoy the rugby and hope we keep on building
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

Can we have unwarrented interference by the TMO as bringing the game into disrepute?

Thankfully the rugby fan is still generally self controlled and not quite 'socceresk' yet; but take a ground full of fans, a fixture that matters, a few drinks and ref-link equals a recipe for trouble?

What we heard today was through no crowd noise and the commentators ref-link coming over the mic'. We have enough with the reverse with Lol, Monye and co. referring. Just like the laws of the game keep to the remit of the role.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:21 pm
Crofty wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:19 pm

Puts us last in the league peloton unless Wasps lose to Wuss, the performance was there to get the 2 points to prevent that but the result wasn't.
The league is tight. Don’t worry.
I think I have seen this film before, and I didn’t like the ending...
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Bitterly disappointing, and frustrating. Outplayed and out thought again, by a rather devious Qinns side.
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

JP14 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:02 pm
TigerBoy1880 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:21 pm

The league is tight. Don’t worry.
Well as we won't get relegated this season apparently we are supposed to relax and enjoy our plummet down the league table... :smt027
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Crofty wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:07 pm

Well as we won't get relegated this season apparently we are supposed to relax and enjoy our plummet down the league table... :smt027
Plummet? We’ve won 2 lost 2 of our last 4 premiership matches and I think we’ve been in about the same spot in the table for some time haven’t we? Glos and Worcester propping up the table on half our points.. why all this doom and gloom?
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

I think the game shows where we are quite accurately. Youngsters are clearly excellent and the basis for the team for 10 years- that is huge progress from 2/3 years ago. Brink was very good as was Reffel and Leibenberg.We hung in there and fought hard. I was happy that the longer the game went the less dangerous they looked. Moroni at 13 proved his worth when he moved position. Didn’t get any luck at the set piece from the ref but we are still one dimensional in their 22. Henry kicked poorly from hand but so did Steward- Henry looks so much better when we run the ball. I think two losing bonus points would reflect the performance but we didn’t get any luck from the ref or, crucially the assistants. Quins are in a hit street and will be tough to beat this year- no players away all year- that is massive.
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

Well we may as well finish 12th as finish 7th. So like I say, don’t worry
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:15 pm
Plummet? We’ve won 2 lost 2 of our last 4 premiership matches and I think we’ve been in about the same spot in the table for some time haven’t we? Glos and Worcester propping up the table on half our points.. why all this doom and gloom?
The position is similar to where it was pre covid break last season, remind me how that ended again?
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

Crofty wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:23 pm

The position is similar to where it was pre covid break last season, remind me how that ended again?
Don’t worry. We. Can’t. Get. Relegated.
DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by DingDong »

Crofty wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:00 pm
DingDong wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:58 pm In the game until the end and lost a close game to the 4th placed Quins and its a disaster??? Get a grip some of you, that poor performance from Henry giving away key field positions cost us so many points and not the equally poor referee. So many positives but those that insist on a win and nothing else are never going to see that.
Close? We lost by 2 clear scores...
Because we looked like scoring all game, stupid tiny little decisions and poor discipline took that away from us. No major changes needed just tiny tweaks and we would've come away with a win. Roll the clock back 12 months and remember how disjointed we were with nor passion.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

DingDong wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:32 pm
Crofty wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:00 pm
DingDong wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:58 pm In the game until the end and lost a close game to the 4th placed Quins and its a disaster??? Get a grip some of you, that poor performance from Henry giving away key field positions cost us so many points and not the equally poor referee. So many positives but those that insist on a win and nothing else are never going to see that.
Close? We lost by 2 clear scores...
Because we looked like scoring all game, stupid tiny little decisions and poor discipline took that away from us. No major changes needed just tiny tweaks and we would've come away with a win. Roll the clock back 12 months and remember how disjointed we were with nor passion.
12 months ago we would have fallen away with the score just after ½ time. Today we fought tooth and nail to get something and came up just short of 2 points.

Really can see good progress here. Yes we need to get some away wins over the line but we were missing Wiese, Nadolo, Genge, Ford, Youngs against a full strength Quins team away from home, add those guys to that team and we're in a good place.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

I think we are in a much better place as a club this year. Clearly SB needs time but we have offloaded some fringe players, signed a few top quality players and a few youngsters have really stepped up. To be honest, yes today was frustrating but I’m nowhere near as concerned as I was last season or the one before that.

Keep watching.. every so often there’s a twist and the ending is one you weren’t expecting! :smt002 :smt023
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:52 pm

I think we are in a much better place as a club this year. Clearly SB needs time but we have offloaded some fringe players, signed a few top quality players and a few youngsters have really stepped up. To be honest, yes today was frustrating but I’m nowhere near as concerned as I was last season or the one before that.

Keep watching.. every so often there’s a twist and the ending is one you weren’t expecting! :smt002 :smt023
Did you ever watch JVP at school, Oakham Tiger? I did, at same time watching my grandson in his years, what a great partnership he and Costello would have made for Tigers!
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Quite honestly, Van Poortvliet is a better bet than Youngs. Taking him off today was awful. White just isnt in the same ballpark. A lot to enthuse about, but not in the backs , who were totally outclassed, from 10-14.