Away vs Quins Sat 13th Feb

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Away vs Quins Sat 13th Feb

Post by RichieB »

The thing that annoys me is that everyone is left to guess, speculate and make assumptions about why players may be missing. I get that there may occasional tactical reasons and data protection issues why a player’s fitness/health isn’t discussed. If someone has tested positive then fair enough, don’t name them - just say there have been some positive tests returned and some players are in isolation. If someone is carrying a bit of a knock or being rested, fair enough again, coach’s call on that but I’m not sure why those can’t be disclosed.

Players like Wiese, Wallace, Potter, Porter, Bonilla and I’m sure there are others, we just don’t know why they aren’t being picked. Maybe I’ve missed some news about some injuries but the point is the lack of clarity. Wasn’t long ago Andrea was going on about transparency being so important. How much they valued and appreciated the loyal fans, some of whom donated season ticket money to help the club and would probably willingly do so again.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Slightly odd selection but as you get more openness in North Korea its difficult to know what's going on...
Hayes v Marler will be good to see, perhaps Dan is bored making a mess of him everytime.

There is one massive bonus to this weeks selection though......

As for training away from Oval Park is that a plastic pitch they are on, if so presume weather related.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Honestly I only care about transparency behind the scenes like the BOD decision etc.

If Borthwick doesn't want to say then I don't really care that much, it's his neck on the line with this job.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:58 pm Slightly odd selection but as you get more openness in North Korea its difficult to know what's going on...
Hayes v Marler will be good to see, perhaps Dan is bored making a mess of him everytime.

As for training away from Oval Park is that a plastic pitch they are on, if so presume weather related.
You’re a bitter, bitter man. Or woman. I don’t like to make assumptions as I don’t know you.
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

RichieB wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:49 pm The thing that annoys me is that everyone is left to guess, speculate and make assumptions about why players may be missing. I get that there may occasional tactical reasons and data protection issues why a player’s fitness/health isn’t discussed. If someone has tested positive then fair enough, don’t name them - just say there have been some positive tests returned and some players are in isolation. If someone is carrying a bit of a knock or being rested, fair enough again, coach’s call on that but I’m not sure why those can’t be disclosed.

Players like Wiese, Wallace, Potter, Porter, Bonilla and I’m sure there are others, we just don’t know why they aren’t being picked. Maybe I’ve missed some news about some injuries but the point is the lack of clarity. Wasn’t long ago Andrea was going on about transparency being so important. How much they valued and appreciated the loyal fans, some of whom donated season ticket money to help the club and would probably willingly do so again.
I am so pleased that you are not in my card school ~ why show the opposition your hand before you have to play it?? I totally agree with SB's policy on team availability. I like today's teams rotation in selection these youngsters need game time and the "seniors" need recooperation. :smt038
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

MCC1964 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:12 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:58 pm Slightly odd selection but as you get more openness in North Korea its difficult to know what's going on...

You’re a bitter, bitter man. Or woman. I don’t like to make assumptions as I don’t know you.
Love Bitter, but a pint of Dark Mild is the preference thanks.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

SB has no need to tell us. It may be frustrating but if SB feels it gives us an advantage and over the opposition then it is a pill we have to swallow.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

An away LBP would be a good result with that selection
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

sapajo wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:38 pm An away LBP would be a good result with that selection
Think you mean "home LBP"

No in all honesty an away LBP would not be a bad result, but think we are capable of going there and winning.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Quins are playing very well at the moment and have a largely unchanged team with most of their first choices available. We have both half backs away with England and have opted/been forced into a few changes this week. I think the most important thing is how we play. If we carry on building and heading in the right direction but lose by 5 points it certainly wouldn't be the worst result. This is not a must win at all costs match and as long as we keep building on some of the good foundations that we have laid thus far I will be happy with that.

JvP starting will be interesting as his appearances have generally been after 60 or so minutes with a tiring opposition and it'll be interesting to see what game plan he is told to go for. Ultimately though I rate the young lad very highly and am pleased to see him given an opportunity. I'm not sure how this one will play out, I'm a little surprised by the team selection but it's a much stronger side than we could have fielded during the 6N last year so fingers crossed.
Last edited by OakhamTiger32 on Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Let's not throw the towel in before we take the field :smt009

This game is very winnable with the squad we are fielding. No doubt there is a plan to pressure Smith who may, after last week, still be carrying a knock. As Bill would have said, 'KEEP the FAITH' :smt023
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

4-0 to Saints? Thought it was 4-2?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:39 pm 4-0 to Saints? Thought it was 4-2?
Yes you are right sorry my mistake
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:44 pm
I think it could be 4-0 if it’s proved a breach of rules. Something along those lines I believe
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:45 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:44 pm
I think it could be 4-0 if it’s proved a breach of rules. Something along those lines I believe
By the looks of it it's only individuals that are being banned based on the 3 bans handed out.

Think for the club to receive sanctions it would have to be the club complicit
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.