Championship rugby

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Championship rugby

Post by JP14 »

Saracens went full bore, they weren’t going to take any chances. The margin of victory is still quite surprising nonetheless.

As for Saracens next season, apart from Spencer, Wigglesworth, Skelton, Kruis, Lamositele they will have all their major players back (unless I’ve missed some more players).
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Dean Richards says he is shocked by how many good players are out of contract in the Prem, and argues that for the sport to be viable the Championship needs to be fully professional as it is in France. Indeed to tier 3 in France, I believe.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
SuperEagle
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by SuperEagle »

I believe Earl and Lozowski are also not going back
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Sarries have a CC place next season it’s been decided.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:54 pm Sarries have a CC place next season it’s been decided.
CC?
Champions Cup?
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:59 pm
Scott1 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:54 pm Sarries have a CC place next season it’s been decided.
CC?
Champions Cup?
Yes,there was a debate over whether they would due to them being the 13th league team but it looks like they have weaselled their way in. It would’ve been fairer if they have had to have a season in the league first after their behaviour.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

SuperEagle wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:26 pm I believe Earl and Lozowski are also not going back
I read the opposite. Also Malins is going back too
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Dokie wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:11 pm
SuperEagle wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:26 pm I believe Earl and Lozowski are also not going back
I read the opposite. Also Malins is going back too
Yes all 3 are going back after the playoffs
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:10 pm
CC?
Champions Cup?
Yes,there was a debate over whether they would due to them being the 13th league team but it looks like they have weaselled their way in. It would’ve been fairer if they have had to have a season in the league first after their behaviour.
They will be in the challenge cup not champions cup - top 8 from the 3 leagues only qualify
Less is more....
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

JP14 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:17 am Saracens went full bore, they weren’t going to take any chances. The margin of victory is still quite surprising nonetheless.

As for Saracens next season, apart from Spencer, Wigglesworth, Skelton, Kruis, Lamositele they will have all their major players back (unless I’ve missed some more players).
Carre, Liam Williams, Barritt, Singleton, Figallo and Gallagher were all pretty much in or around the 23 but left as a result of the salary cap fall out. Figallo and Barritt brought forward their retirements rather than play in the Championship.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby ... rship.html

Yes it's Challenge Cup they're going to be in.

To my mind it makes sense them getting in.

In a "normal" season the promoted team makes it in, but the relegated team doesn't.

It's relegation that has been suspended so to my mind if they are going to have the 13th team miss out on qualification then it should be the one who avoided relegation, so if an English team misses out it should be Worcester and whoever gets promoted (even if it's Ealing) should be in the Challenge Cup.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Bunchy wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:54 am
Scott1 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:10 pm
CC?
Champions Cup?
They will be in the challenge cup not champions cup - top 8 from the 3 leagues only qualify
Yes I said CC,not RCC
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Point was that using acronyms / initials is not always easy to understand.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:25 am Point was that using acronyms / initials is not always easy to understand.
It's a bad habit of mine! I apologise
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Ealing side to face Saracens , Champioship Final , Second Leg 20/6/21 :

http://ealingtrailfinders.com/news/eali ... acens-away
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....