Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Worcester - Sat 06 Feb 1500

Post by Scott1 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:59 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:40 pm Any news on Nadolo?
he's coming round yours to take your hamstrings in the hope of them making half of one for him ...
Haha they call me quadzilla around these parts 😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by TigerMac3 »

I’m not saying don’t rotate the props, fully agree that we’re stronger as a collective if all are getting game time, it’s the +3mins into the second half I just can’t get my head around. If there’s some psychological theory that Aled has bought with him then he’s better positioned than I am to make that call, just all seems a bit... pointless to me! Replace them at HT or give them an extra 10-15mins during the 2nd half! Today was a good example, du Bruin in particular was crushing Schonert! Zero impact on the end result in the end. That maul has been coached to Exeter like perfection! Henry’s kicks to touch haven’t been mentioned on here either. Excellent today. 100% obvious they’ve discussed this week the importance on nailing that 5m line
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Great performance, only pity was the backs deserved a try off that wonderful move.

Henry really stepped up after last weekend, in fact him and Wigglesworth were both significantly better and although we kicked we did a) vary the type of kicking & b) did put it through hands a few times.

With Montoya (and to some extent Brink) having that extra ball carrier spread it out who was crashing up. Motoya MOTM for me, made such a difference and his composure after 2 early miscues on the lineout was great.

Lavannini definitely had his Weetabix this morning, great shift, starting to properly settle just before leaving though...

Nadolo, 🤞 he's ok, Murimurivalu looked good when he came on.

Key areas to work on... Getting at least 2 out of Bonilla, Gienga, Moroni & Montoya some EU passports...

Quins away is going to be a good test, they are in a good vein of form, we are looking for some consistency. If we win it's a big statement and means we're firmly looking up the table rather than down (though losing isn't the end of the world next week)
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:41 pm
Quins away is going to be a good test, they are in a good vein of form, we are looking for some consistency. If we win it's a big statement and means we're firmly looking up the table rather than down (though losing isn't the end of the world next week)
Quins will be a huge test. Aside from the COVID result against Saints all 3 of our wins have come against the bottom 3 teams. I am certainly not taking anything away from those victories as I think we are going in the right direction and look far stronger than we have done for some time, but next week will be a real indication of how far we’ve come, how far we still have to go and will give us a much better indication of where we might finish this season position wise.

It will be a very tough away game against a team finding some great form but I fancy our chances
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
BengalTiger

Post by BengalTiger »

Very happy with the win but a team sheet with so many SA and Argentinian exiles gives me mixed feelings, I see the reasoning but I just do not like it, sorry.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

BengalTiger wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:31 am Very happy with the win but a team sheet with so many SA and Argentinian exiles gives me mixed feelings, I see the reasoning but I just do not like it, sorry.
Personally I'm not concerned by this.

We've been doing a top down rebuild of the entire squad, we have recruited internationally rather than look at cast off's from other clubs (eg Eastmond). We seem to be building around our Academy graduates, bringing in talent to support. We've also been bringing in young players to develop (Potter, Porter etc)
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

The pack is building very nicely.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

BengalTiger wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:31 am Very happy with the win but a team sheet with so many SA and Argentinian exiles gives me mixed feelings, I see the reasoning but I just do not like it, sorry.
10 of the match day 23 are English unless I’m mistaken. Add in Ford Youngs and Genge and that pushes that number up even further. Doesn’t overly concern me either to be honest and I’d sooner see us getting back to the Tigers of old than being relegated with a team of English players who are passed their best. Not sure we are that different to the majority of other Premiership clubs these days and we have to move with the times. Wiese, Van Wyk, Montoya, Moroni and Liebenberg are all excellent signings IMHO
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

There's more positives with yesterdays performance.
Were now seeing influential players standing up and making a difference. The defence without the ball was hellish better.
You can only play the team in front f you and as we've seen any side can beat any other team. This does not take away the work ethic.
Sale did a turn on Bristol so our performance last week, may, in hindsight have not been as bad as the knockers were bemoaning
Harlequeens will be a test, but one I think we will relish.
Onwards and upwards mon brav. :smt023
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

wellstiger wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:26 am There's more positives with yesterdays performance.
Were now seeing influential players standing up and making a difference. The defence without the ball was hellish better.
You can only play the team in front f you and as we've seen any side can beat any other team. This does not take away the work ethic.
Sale did a turn on Bristol so our performance last week, may, in hindsight have not been as bad as the knockers were bemoaning

You could view the result against Sale maybe in a better light, the performance you cannot, it was shocking. Yes we are better than we were (but in a limited way}, but in the league we have beaten the 3 bottom clubs, all at home & lost our one away game against an extremely limited LI.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:24 am
10 of the match day 23 are English unless I’m mistaken. Add in Ford Youngs and Genge and that pushes that number up even further. Doesn’t overly concern me either to be honest and I’d sooner see us getting back to the Tigers of old than being relegated with a team of English players who are passed their best. Not sure we are that different to the majority of other Premiership clubs these days and we have to move with the times. Wiese, Van Wyk, Montoya, Moroni and Liebenberg are all excellent signings IMHO
Steward, Green, Wells, Martin, Cole, Youngs, Heyes, JVP. 8 academy grads in the starting line up. I have no problem with signing foreign players to bulk out the squad with the academy grad core if they are better value for money than shopping at Newcastle like we used to than so be it.

I'd be concerned if we jettisoning the academy grads and replacing them with journeymen but that isn't the case. We are bringing in high quality imports. Montoya for instance is one of the top hookers going.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:33 am
wellstiger wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:26 am There's more positives with yesterdays performance.

You could view the result against Sale maybe in a better light, the performance you cannot, it was shocking. Yes we are better than we were (but in a limited way}, but in the league we have beaten the 3 bottom clubs, all at home & lost our one away game against an extremely limited LI.
Part of the reason they are the bottom 3 is because they lost to us.

It had also struck me that they were all home wins. If they had all been close affairs, I would be very worried, but they were all pretty convincing wins, so I am optimistic for the corresponding away fixtures.

I find it (enjoyably) ironic that despite some spectacular wins, the wheels have come off the Wasps wagon (probably temporarily I know) and they are below us on points difference :smt003
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Not seen much of Montoya but you can see why he has so many Argentina caps.

When the 6N's are over I doubt many (if any) of the league front rows will relish coming up against a front row of Genge, Montoya and Cole!

Henry had a better game.

Still do not understand the rationale for playing Wigglesworth. Yes Youngs is away but we have 3 young scrum halves..
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I’ve just looked at yesterday’s stats ,Sales too and Moroni isn’t doing a lot. Hardly anything according to them,what do people feel about him because stats can be misleading.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:34 am I’ve just looked at yesterday’s stats ,Sales too and Moroni isn’t doing a lot. Hardly anything according to them,what do people feel about him because stats can be misleading.
He has been a bit anonymous so far but he is playing in a pretty dysfunctional backline and in his post match interview he said even though he speaks English pretty well he has struggled with understanding calls in the heat of action.

Personally I think he will come good and become a great asset, we just need to use him better.