Well done Tom Youngs

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Well done Tom Youngs

Post by Ian Cant »

It is a shame we Tigers’ fans cannot be there tomorrow to stand, stamp our feet, clap and shout our appreciation for a truly remarkable Tiger. He always gives his utmost to the cause.Tom his wife and family dealt with her cancer in a remarkably dignified, unfussy way and throughout all the turmoil at the club Tom, and his brother Ben, have been shining lights in how to deal with adversity.
In my eyes both Tom and Ben are part of the Tigers’ Legends family.My wife and I hope we are lucky enough to survive these difficult times as it will give us enormous pleasure to watch and applaud both brothers playing for Tigers when we are allowed to return to Welford Road.
Great effort Tom and Ben. Here’s to many more happy memories wearing the red, white and green.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Re: Well done Tom Youngs

Post by sam16111986 »

A proper Tiger. He's been a brilliant servant to the club and seems to be coming back to form under Borthwick so we might see some more years out of him yet. Well I certainly hope we do anyway.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Can’t deny their commitment to the club
A2O
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

Ian Cant wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:32 pm It is a shame we Tigers’ fans cannot be there tomorrow to stand, stamp our feet, clap and shout our appreciation for a truly remarkable Tiger. He always gives his utmost to the cause.Tom his wife and family dealt with her cancer in a remarkably dignified, unfussy way and throughout all the turmoil at the club Tom, and his brother Ben, have been shining lights in how to deal with adversity.
In my eyes both Tom and Ben are part of the Tigers’ Legends family.My wife and I hope we are lucky enough to survive these difficult times as it will give us enormous pleasure to watch and applaud both brothers playing for Tigers when we are allowed to return to Welford Road.
Great effort Tom and Ben. Here’s to many more happy memories wearing the red, white and green.
Very well put. Agree entirely.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Well done and congrats Capt' Tom.
Hope he gets the rewards with a "W" against Sold on Friday Eve. :smt023
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

His journey from Nottingham (loan) to The British and Irish Lions was seemingly unstoppable , inexorable and almost intoxicating to watch - at that time he was simply a force of nature.Always passionate , always committed and would lead by example.Love of a club and love of the game have been replaced by other motivational factors for the majority of players now and whilst this cannot be overtly criticized it should help us see and appreciate what Tom has brought and given to Leicester Tigers during his time here.
A massive achievement and the man deserves every plaudit that comes his way.Along with "Well Done" there should be a heart felt " Thank you ".
Respect.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Well said.

Huge respect for the man and the player.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

He will get his deserved standing ovation one day!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
bendy

Post by bendy »

Here here!

I'm still happier to see him on the team sheet than off it, which is quite an achievement given the stint he's put in. He's been a true servant to the club and deserves to be considered a Tigers legend.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

And one of the nicest blokes you could ever meet, if anyone has.
Rozza
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Rozza »

Congratulations to Tom, as said above, a true Tigers legend.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

What can you say; diamond geezer :smt023
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Well done Tom :smt038
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Probably the only positive from the Meyer period.

Been an absolute warrior for us, he will be a huge asset for British Farming in the future as well.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Excuse my ignorance but is it his birthday or is it an appearance milestone,or just a well done in general due to his return to his best form?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer