LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE V: Borthwick Strikes Back

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE V: Borthwick Strikes Back

Post by mightymouse »

Marfo was a good player and particularly good scrummager when he played for Scotland but then sadly got injured. Not seen him since so not sure how he is after recovering from that injury but hopefully he can get back to that form if he gets the game time
JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE V: Borthwick Strikes Back

Post by JP14 »

RunTigerRun wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:06 am
JP14 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:50 am
RunTigerRun wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:45 am

At first thought I didn’t think there would be many today, perhaps one or two announcements but given they have started so early and usually go every half an hour until around midday it could be a range announced today. Starting at 8:30 does seem very early to me... I’m intrigued to see who else could be joining the journey..!!
Steve Perry?
I fear I’m too young to get this..?!
Lead singer of Journey in the 80s.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Really good news that Kelly has re-signed, obviously the extension of Whitecombe and Chessum is fantastic too given that they are too genuinely promising young players alongside Kelly.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Got to say, with all these signings my working from home productivity is pretty low...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Nadolo next up
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:30 am Nadolo next up
That's a big one for the re-signing front, doubt too many more re-signing before we move on to the new signatures....
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:28 am Got to say, with all these signings my working from home productivity is pretty low...
:smt002 Glad to hear I’m not the only one......
RefereeTiger

Post by RefereeTiger »

I know we are expecting player announcements today... but any thoughts on whether we might get some coach news?
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Bondi just tweeted halfway there

https://twitter.com/SammDoubleu/status/ ... 62497?s=19

So another 5 to come...
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

Positive signings all so far.
Marfo addresses a position where more depth is always useful, and may just have a point to prove. Whitcombe likewise, he’s looked fairly comfortable in the minutes he’s had so far.
Chessum has impressed me. You can’t teach size, but he adds some presence, and doesn’t look out of his depth in the first team.
Kelly is an interesting one, likewise he hasn’t looked phased stepping up, and with the rumours the IRFU were sniffing around, getting him tied to a new deal is good news.
Nadolo I’m semi surprised at, as he officially only signed to join at the start of this season, but we saw him early due to the handover of last season. Wouldn’t have thought he’d only signed a one year deal at the time, you’d assume ot would have been two years, so another 12 months left anyhow. Unless we’ve offered him a longer deal on reduced terms maybe, stability for him, and frees up cash short term for us.
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

FrontRowUnionMember wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:51 am Positive signings all so far.
Marfo addresses a position where more depth is always useful, and may just have a point to prove. Whitcombe likewise, he’s looked fairly comfortable in the minutes he’s had so far.
Chessum has impressed me. You can’t teach size, but he adds some presence, and doesn’t look out of his depth in the first team.
Kelly is an interesting one, likewise he hasn’t looked phased stepping up, and with the rumours the IRFU were sniffing around, getting him tied to a new deal is good news.
Nadolo I’m semi surprised at, as he officially only signed to join at the start of this season, but we saw him early due to the handover of last season. Wouldn’t have thought he’d only signed a one year deal at the time, you’d assume ot would have been two years, so another 12 months left anyhow. Unless we’ve offered him a longer deal on reduced terms maybe, stability for him, and frees up cash short term for us.
I am also very surprised at this - but fantastic news nevertheless. I think his wife and young family went back to Australia and with a bit of friction between the club and other pacific island players I more than half expected Nemani to be off at the end of his contract (whenever that was).
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Wiese next!!!!!!!
RefereeTiger

Post by RefereeTiger »

Wiese re-signed
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:00 am Wiese next!!!!!!!
Soooooo Happy
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

The re-signings really show who Borthwick is happy to have! :smt023