Sale game moved - Teams up

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Re: Sale game moved - Teams up

Post by Tigerbeat »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:02 pm Not really sure how WW can play...massively ironic (& wrong) if his ban is spent due to Covid Cancellations.

If McPhillips really is the best option in the backs on the bench something odd is going on.

Freddie the most "capped" back...
Wigglesworths ban was apparently lifted overnight which is the right decision in my opinion.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

This maybe dry January talking but I am filled with hope and excitement for this game! For the first time in ages I think we have a honest chance of not just scrapping a game, but actually winning and doing it in such a away that I don’t:
A.Blame the ref
B. Swear at the tv like a hormonal teenager after a break up
C. Break my dry January
D. And probably most important, not get banned by Mrs Flashman from watching Tigers for 2 weeks due to constant breaches of the no swearing rule in front of the kids...

We can do this and I am tempted to offer Mr Ladbrokes my hard earn £1 for a home win...
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

It will be fire lit, dog in front of the hearth and a glass or two of well pressed grapes. Bring it on :smt041
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Tigerbeat wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:51 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:02 pm Not really sure how WW can play...massively ironic (& wrong) if his ban is spent due to Covid Cancellations.

If McPhillips really is the best option in the backs on the bench something odd is going on.

Freddie the most "capped" back...
Wigglesworths ban was apparently lifted overnight which is the right decision in my opinion.
Not for me, ban is for being a Covidiot, to have it shortened by Covid is wrong, shall we remove all Covid fines countrywide as there is now a vaccine?
To win is not as important as playing with style!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Referee is Ian Tempest! :smt022
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Two good looking sides on paper but we’ve said that before and Tigers haven’t performed well. Sale’s backs look far stronger based on them having started a lot of games together. The key rather is not giving their half backs quick ball!
I just hope Ian Tempest refs both sides in the same way!
Beaumont usually plays very well against us but we have to put continuous pressure on their line out! In the games I’ve seen them lose this season it has been because the opposition really competed at the line out.
Could be a better game than we’ve seen for a while against them!
Come on Tiger.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

This will be the first game we would have had proper prep for the first time this season I reckon, could be a big factor. Looking forward to what will hopefully be a good game.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

I am just looking forward to seeing some good rugby and to see Tigers continuing to build under Borthwick. Result largely irrelevant to me, though of course I will be cheering like a good un should we prevail.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

ourla wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:06 pm I am just looking forward to seeing some good rugby and to see Tigers continuing to build under Borthwick. Result largely irrelevant to me, though of course I will be cheering like a good un should we prevail.
Me too! Just hope the streaming works properly cos last time it was stop/start every 10 seconds til it drove me mad!!
Semper in excretia
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Robespierre wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:05 pm
ourla wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:06 pm I am just looking forward to seeing some good rugby and to see Tigers continuing to build under Borthwick. Result largely irrelevant to me, though of course I will be cheering like a good un should we prevail.
Me too! Just hope the streaming works properly cos last time it was stop/start every 10 seconds til it drove me mad!!
I just hope the ref works properly as last time with Tempest is was stop/start every 10 seconds! :smt002
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Got to say I'm excited to see Montoya in a Tigers shirt.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:14 pm
I just hope the ref works properly as last time with Tempest is was stop/start every 10 seconds! :smt002
He's improved then. It used to be every 5. :smt003
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:34 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:14 pm

He's improved then. It used to be every 5. :smt003
:smt005
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Why was game moved to tonight if BT are not screening it as their main match. :smt017
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Akker van der Merwe Pulled out injured for Sale