Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Sale game moved - Teams up

Post by JP14 »

Tiglon wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:40 pm
JP14 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:16 am
Tiglon wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:00 am The last time we played Sale at home in the Premiership with Murphy as Head Coach.... we WON 19-15.
In a game we only won because Faf de Klerk was kicking for the sticks.
Ever heard of confirmation bias?
Yes, I have been accused of it on the forum before, even though in my opinion everyone does it so?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I'm sorry to pick out one player again, I was not anti Wigglesworth, but last night he was absolutely terrible for a man signed for his experience. His box kicking was so predictable over and over, his collection of the ball from the rucks so slow, his first clearance was charged down and for all his experience why could he not have seen that interception pass, it was telegraphed, looping and so slow even if their player was offside he should have seen it and changed direction? Did he ever look like doing anything other?
Its wrong to blame our backs, they never saw a pass, we have good backs, let down by SH and FH, its no good saying we would have won with Ford in the side, its International week, so that's purely hypothetical. I also thought our starting 2nd row were anonymous.
Here's hoping for better next week, a game under our belts after a long lay off and hopefully JVP to start to give us some urgency. I'm not sure who will be at FH, I wish we had seen more that 45 mins of Bonilla previously, to really judge his ability.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Most post on this forum are confirmation bias, I do it. I think every forum posters do it.
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

Tiglon wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:00 am The last time we played Sale at home in the Premiership with Murphy as Head Coach.... we WON 19-15.
Yes, confirmation bias is about interpreting, information, and situations in a way that is consistent with one’s existing beliefs. It’s tends to subconscious and we all do it. And yes - that's all of us.
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

Traveller wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:28 pm

Yes, confirmation bias is about interpreting, information, and situations in a way that is consistent with one’s existing beliefs. It’s tends to subconscious and we all do it. And yes - that's all of us.
For example if contributor (a) was to write 'The last time we played Sale at home in the Premiership with Murphy as Head Coach.... we WON 19-15' and contributor (b) was to write something along the lines of 'Yes. That was one of the 10+/- games that Murphy won out of the 40+/- that he was in charge.' Both contributors would be demonstrating confirmation bias - but only one would seem to believe that they alone were immune to the behaviour, which in itself is really interesting. In fact just about everything on this trail is a product of confirmation bias.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

So during 6N's we have
Sale (H) ZERO points
Worcester (H)
Quins (A)
Wasps (H)
Bristol (A)
Irish (H)
Gloucester (A)
Exeter (A)

My hope is for 5 wins and around 21 points
I would take winning our next 3 home games and 1 away win from Gloucester or Quins
Minimum would be 3 wins and a LBP or 2 for me to be alright.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Anyone know if ringfencing is a done deal?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Traveller wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:34 pm
Traveller wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:28 pm

For example if contributor (a) was to write 'The last time we played Sale at home in the Premiership with Murphy as Head Coach.... we WON 19-15' and contributor (b) was to write something along the lines of 'Yes. That was one of the 10+/- games that Murphy won out of the 40+/- that he was in charge.' Both contributors would be demonstrating confirmation bias - but only one would seem to believe that they alone were immune to the behaviour, which in itself is really interesting. In fact just about everything on this trail is a product of confirmation bias.
I'm not at all immune to confirmation bias when I'm making an argument. However, in this instance, I haven't made an argument one way or another so no I have not displayed confirmation bias on this occasion. Neither have you, likewise you've just stated a fact. All you've displayed is your petty desperation to have a go at me because I disagreed with you a week ago.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:53 pm So during 6N's we have
Sale (H) ZERO points
Worcester (H)
Quins (A)
Wasps (H)
Bristol (A)
Irish (H)
Gloucester (A)
Exeter (A)

I would take winning our next 3 home games and 1 away win from Gloucester or Quins
If we play like last night it will be bonus to get 5 points, let alone 5 victories.
It would of been interesting the crowd reaction to that performance.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:34 pm
Sale (H) ZERO points
Worcester (H)
Quins (A)
Wasps (H)
Bristol (A)
Irish (H)
Gloucester (A)
Exeter (A)

If we play like last night it will be bonus to get 5 points, let alone 5 victories.
Think that is excessive, we lost by 10 to a top 4 team, we played the better rugby for large parts, and spent 20min short a man. Play like that, I reckon we win about 2 or 3 games, play like we have this season and 5 games is doable.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Nonetheless, the reality is we have dropped to 7th unable to manage even a bonus point
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Old Hob wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:41 pm Nonetheless, the reality is we have dropped to 7th unable to manage even a bonus point
And the reality is, that if you ignore the games called off for covid, we are winning fewer league points per match than we did in 18/19 while finishing 11th.

Still, there's plenty to be positive about.
tigerssteve

Post by tigerssteve »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:40 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:34 pm
Sale (H) ZERO points
Worcester (H)
Quins (A)
Wasps (H)
Bristol (A)
Irish (H)
Gloucester (A)
Exeter (A)

Think that is excessive, we lost by 10 to a top 4 team, we played the better rugby for large parts, and spent 20min short a man. Play like that, I reckon we win about 2 or 3 games, play like we have this season and 5 games is doable.
We played better rugby? Than who? My old school team? We played no rugby at all, let alone better. Playing like that we may get one or two losing bonus points, no more. We need an attack that realises that they are allowed to run and pass before we win games.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Sale (H) ZERO points
Worcester (H)
Quins (A)
Wasps (H)
Bristol (A)
Irish (H)
Gloucester (A)
Exeter (A)

I reckon something like:

Sale (H) ZERO points
Worcester (H) 4 points
Quins (A) 4 points
Wasps (H) 1 point
Bristol (A) 0 points
Irish (H) 5 points
Gloucester (A) 4 points
Exeter (A) 1 point

Total 19 points out of possible 40. That should see us well placed mid table and ready for a push late on once our England boys are back
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

With Murphy in charge I had no idea what our game plan was.

With Borthwick it's crystal clear and it bores me to tears.