Sale game moved - Teams up

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Grumpy of Crumbie

Re: Sale game moved - Teams up

Post by Grumpy of Crumbie »

Sack Murphy......
If you don't go in hard it's not a tackle it's an insult.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Grumpy of Crumbie wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:04 pm Sack Murphy......
😂😂😂
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Tigerbeat wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:00 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:56 pm
JP14 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:43 pm The law needs changing, a deliberate slap down of the ball is cynical play and should be penalised. If van Wyk slaps it out on the full it’s a yellow card, but you slap it down in open play it’s fine? Doesn’t make sense to me.

Scott played some of his best rugby in a Tigers shirt thus far, whilst Montoya provided an exciting 35 minute stint.
No different to a slap back in a lineout, if it's back towards your line it's fine, deliberately slapping it off the field isn't.
As for the deliberate knock on by Sale, it saved another shocking pass from our "esteemed experienced 9" If White is available next week he has to start.

As for Nemani, his mate is leaving, & Mrs N is back in Oz.. played well.
I did not think that they were allowing entries into Australia at the moment, only returning nationals.
Mrs N & Jnr went back & did quarantine, she is an Aussie I presume.... all on their You Tube outings.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:07 pm
Tigerbeat wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:00 pm

No different to a slap back in a lineout, if it's back towards your line it's fine, deliberately slapping it off the field isn't.
As for the deliberate knock on by Sale, it saved another shocking pass from our "esteemed experienced 9" If White is available next week he has to start.

I did not think that they were allowing entries into Australia at the moment, only returning nationals.
Mrs N & Jnr went back & did quarantine, she is an Aussie I presume.... all on their You Tube outings.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by TigerMac3 »

Game management? Or execution? Either way, you can’t aimlessly kick that much ball away. Sale looked nothing special. You’d have to say, Ford starts that game tonight and we win.

Also, why was the front row dragged after 4mins of the second half?

Henry. There’s a very good reason he was playing D2. Doesn’t look the player from last season, confidence looks shot, and his execution in nearly every facet was poor tonight. Touch kicks, pointless.

Montoya looked really handy. Looking forward to him bedding in.

I’m willing to blame it on rust. But we need to move away from the ‘kick at all costs’ gameplan. Quickly.
Last edited by TigerMac3 on Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VernonAtrium

Post by VernonAtrium »

Life? Don't talk to me about life.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

The kicks from the penalties should have been given to Steward. Henry was not getting much distance.
www.matthampson.co.uk
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Truefollower wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:55 pm All the usual suspects crying in their beer/wine, lets step back and review, we competed very well up front and but for an intercept would have gone in at half time in front, 2nd half they knew our plan and unfortunately Zac Henry is not a good enough kicker or good enough to think outside the box and do something different. A decent back-up 10 to Ford and we would have been in with a chance. I still see enough improvement, SB needs time to change things round, we will not be able to change everything in half a season (with disruptions). Exeter took 3 years to get where they wanted to be, we will need just as long.
Must have been watching a different game
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

Half backs and tactics mean we are limited. Today we lost the match up front at the start of the second half and in our failure to execute in their 22. Wigg doesn’t attack. JVP makes such a difference. Henry I agree was poor today. TL isn’t worth the money. Montoya instantly looks superb. Borthwick will be angry at the fact we were beaten up front.
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

LE18 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:02 pm
JP14 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:43 pm The law needs changing, a deliberate slap down of the ball is cynical play and should be penalised. If van Wyk slaps it out on the full it’s a yellow card, but you slap it down in open play it’s fine? Doesn’t make sense to me.

Scott played some of his best rugby in a Tigers shirt thus far, whilst Montoya provided an exciting 35 minute stint.

I dont think White is the answer, he's very stereotyped, its got to be JVP to start for me he's our quickest SH and different.
I definitely don't think White is the answer. He plays as if he has swallowed a piece of software. If he is the answer, I'm not sure what the question is. JVP on the other hand looks to 'have it.'
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

sapajo wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:24 pm
Truefollower wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:55 pm All the usual suspects crying in their beer/wine, lets step back and review, we competed very well up front and but for an intercept would have gone in at half time in front, 2nd half they knew our plan and unfortunately Zac Henry is not a good enough kicker or good enough to think outside the box and do something different. A decent back-up 10 to Ford and we would have been in with a chance. I still see enough improvement, SB needs time to change things round, we will not be able to change everything in half a season (with disruptions). Exeter took 3 years to get where they wanted to be, we will need just as long.
Must have been watching a different game
I don’t think any of these comments are wildly off the mark to be honest.

“we competed very well up front” I thought we did pretty well first half and ok we weren’t quite so competitive up front second half but certainly hung in there.

“but for an intercept would have gone in at half time in front” can’t argue with that.

“ 2nd half they knew our plan and unfortunately Zac Henry is not a good enough kicker or good enough to think outside the box and do something different” spot on imho.

“A decent back-up 10 to Ford and we would have been in with a chance” for sure. Half back errors cost us that game without question. Ford starts and for me we are right in that game if not taking the points.

“ I still see enough improvement, SB needs time to change things round, we will not be able to change everything in half a season (with disruptions)” last season we lost this fixture 36-3 and this time it was 25-15 and we gifted them at least 7. So yes, on the face of it we have improved.

“ Exeter took 3 years to get where they wanted to be, we will need just as long.” agreed. It was never going to be a quick fix. A path is formed by laying one stone at a time.. ok so maybe no stones were laid tonight but it’s going to take time.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

JVP looks at present like your option off the bench, White is defensively solid & needs to be allowed to play what he sees.
Or we give Simmons a go, what we shouldn't do is play Wigglesworth, the kicking is harming the development of the team.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

The truth is that if you watched the game tonight and you didn’t know any better you would still think GM was in charge. It feels like 2 steps forward and 3 back but the good thing is we’ve got the Wuss game to put things right!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Reality check, reality check. Just when you thought we were on the up, we get a reminder of how much work there is to do and how long it’s going to take to get anywhere near the Top 4.

Henry was poor tonight, I mean, why kick when we are on the attack ? Lack of confidence ? Outside he has a Scottish and an Argentinian international !! Give it a go rather than those pathetic dinks in behind...hit and hope. Rubbish.

One interception, one stupid Reffell penalty, a yellow card and the game is over. That’s how things can change.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Defence has certainly improved and the fitness levels are good with the effort being shown till the end. No bonus point for Sale!
www.matthampson.co.uk