Ealing beat Saracens

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Ealing beat Saracens

Post by RagingBull »

Scott’s PRC idea but also have championship teams and Nat 1 as a knockout cup.

32 teams, 5 rounds.
U23 Prem teams + 4 seniors that are older.

Alongside a A league with similar process (or players coming back from injury after say 3 weeks)
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:27 pm Scott’s PRC idea but also have championship teams and Nat 1 as a knockout cup.

32 teams, 5 rounds.
U23 Prem teams + 4 seniors that are older.

Alongside a A league with similar process (or players coming back from injury after say 3 weeks)
Back in the day, there was a county 2nd XV floodlit cup, hosted by Westleigh (now Leics Lions). Eligibility was based upon a set number of 1st team appearances that season. That seems an appropriate criteria for the PRC, as it’s a showcase for those on the fringe to push for 1st team selection.
Currently Aspland-R, Bonilla, Bower, Coghlan, De Bruin, Enever, Kerr, Mamu, Wallace, Williams & Worth of those not regularly in the match day 23
would be ineligible for an U-23 competition. Plus a few others who regularly warm the bench.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

h's dad wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:15 pm
AngusMcCoatup wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:39 pm
Scott1 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:18 pm PRC under 23 with a maximum of 3 seniors in the 23 sounds good to me. Gives Injured players a route back to get match fitness.
I have to agree with Scott1 the PRC should be separate from the first team squads and used for academy, development of the young players and the strict rule of a max of 3 senior players returning from injuries.we have unfortunately lost as well those Monday night A team fixtures in the Crumbie, yes where the pint and a pie or fish & chips we the order of the day after work. Happy memories of the time we filled the Crumbie and the Alliance & Leicester stand too.
The PRC was used by Sale, Worcester and others to win a trophy using their first team whilst their academy twiddled their thumbs or cleaned the first team boots afterwards. Oh to return to Crumbie! :smt023
There used to be a place off Walnut Street that had half price pizzas on Monday nights. The giant ones had to go sideways through the turnstiles.
My neighbour STH still had to go through the turnstile sideways before lockdown so I do not think he will be alone in asking to go through the gates when we return! :smt005
Happy days those cold Monday nights in the Crumbie for "A" team games, I remember sitting next to Scott Bemand's parents who told me they got lost driving in to Leicester looking for the ground and asked directions of a man with a big bag, he said I will show you and got in the car, on arrival he said Scott is Captain tonight and my name is Pat Howard. True and such a gentleman too. :smt023