6 NATIONS 2021

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

6 NATIONS 2021

Post by Scott1 »

England to pick from a 28 man squad due to COVID which will stay together all week with no players being released. In the autumn Quins players were brought into training to make up the numbers,unsure on what will be done this time.
Last edited by Scott1 on Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: 6 NATIONS 2021

Post by Scott1 »

That obviously means all clubs will be without their internationals for the whole tournament
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

A pill clubs will have to swallow.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

If France decline to take part, will we have a 5 nations or will they cancel?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

tigerburnie wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:35 am If France decline to take part, will we have a 5 nations or will they cancel?
I’m sure I read that the show must go on. Laporte has just confirmed that it will go ahead with strict reassurances.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

That may yet be decided by the French government irrespective of the wishes of the team.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/andy-goo ... s-england/

Intresting article regarding Sinckler and the 28 man squad.

Given (barring injuries) the squad is fixed for the entire tournament.

& given Sinckler's ban states it needs to be "meaningful" this means (in RugbyPass's opinion at least) if he were picked for the England squad (which makes him ineligible for Quins next games) then his ban would be for the first 2 games of the 6N.

So can/will EJ pick him given his numbers for the squad are heavily limited?

Personally I think he'll still pick him
3 LH
Genge
Vunipola
Marler

3 TH
Sinckler
Stuart
Williams

Given Marler can play TH he like he did at the WC will mean EJ will go in to the first 2 games with only 2 TH props
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yes I think he will still pick him. What are the rules regarding injuries to your 28 during the 6N? Can they be changed? I assume they can if they are tested pre bubble.

Ignore this,should have read further 👍
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Whilst Marler has improved as a loose head prop, playing him at tight head would be less than wise. I'm sure at club level he could just about manage it, but being built like a tight head isn't the same as being one, let alone as an international.

The reality is Sinckler could have played the club games had he not been banned. Just because he is isolating in an international bubble that would also prevent him from playing, those games would still be seen as part of his ban. No different if a player was injured - the ban would not be extended or delayed until fit to play. It's not the same as trying to include a second team game as part of serving the ban.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

England's squad will be announced this Friday.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

https://twitter.com/EnglandRugby/status ... 67520?s=20

To celebrate 150 years of international rugby, England will be playing in this special kit against Scotland in the Six Nations. I like the rose, but not the big 02 on the shoulder.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

La Défense Arena in Paris has proposed that the whole of the 6N be held there. It’s possible, I suppose, but could be a bit awkward when there are two matches in the same. afternoon/evening? What are your thoughts?
Semper in excretia
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Robespierre wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:53 pm La Défense Arena in Paris has proposed that the whole of the 6N be held there. It’s possible, I suppose, but could be a bit awkward when there are two matches in the same. afternoon/evening? What are your thoughts?
I don't think that will go down very well tbh, where for example will teams train, will they share changing areas, without fans home advantage is less but knowing how a pitch plays, that instinctive knowing how close the touchline is in familiar surroundings etc is all lost
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Haha France want to play all their games at home? Erm.... no, thank you. Talk about trying your luck!

As for the big O2 on the England shirt, I like it, because it pays for people to be able to play rugby in the shirt.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Bath latest club to shut training ground, might impact England squad.
To win is not as important as playing with style!