Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Re: 6 NATIONS 2021

Post by ay2oh »

tigerburnie wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:42 pm
JP14 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:42 am To be fair I think that's the best I have seen Ireland play under Andy Farrell so far.
You could see the hand of O'Connell all over that performance, he may not have been on the pitch, but he led that side from the dressing room.
I think England will beat Ireland next week though
A2O
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I'm English so it doesn't matter a jot to me what a Scottish rugby fan's priority is, but for a majority to only care about the Calcutta Cup that's pretty unambitious and shallow. Does that reflect onto the national team itself? Arguably from the Wales game you could say yes, but we'll be forever bogged down by whether or whether not Scotland would have won that game without the red card...
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

JP14 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:41 pm I'm English so it doesn't matter a jot to me what a Scottish rugby fan's priority is, but for a majority to only care about the Calcutta Cup that's pretty unambitious and shallow. Does that reflect onto the national team itself? Arguably from the Wales game you could say yes, but we'll be forever bogged down by whether or whether not Scotland would have won that game without the red card...
I’m Welsh so naturally we enjoy beating England but we more enjoy beating the bigger fish.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Dokie wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:41 pm
JP14 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:41 pm I'm English so it doesn't matter a jot to me what a Scottish rugby fan's priority is, but for a majority to only care about the Calcutta Cup that's pretty unambitious and shallow. Does that reflect onto the national team itself? Arguably from the Wales game you could say yes, but we'll be forever bogged down by whether or whether not Scotland would have won that game without the red card...
I’m Welsh so naturally we enjoy beating England but we more enjoy beating the bigger fish.
I appreciate that but when has it ever happened?
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

The year the Scottish media doesn’t drag out Jim Telfer is the year I will recognise that they have got over their England chip and I will possibly start to think things may be on the up for them. And just to put it into context my mother and grandparents were Scottish, so they’re my ‘second’ international team and I want to see them do well, but this frustrates me every year. They have to treat England fixtures as no different to any other.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

MCC1964 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:45 pm The year the Scottish media doesn’t drag out Jim Telfer is the year I will recognise that they have got over their England chip and I will possibly start to think things may be on the up for them. And just to put it into context my mother and grandparents were Scottish, so they’re my ‘second’ international team and I want to see them do well, but this frustrates me every year. They have to treat England fixtures as no different to any other.
You can't blame any team for being able to up their performance against England. You may pity them if they can't manage to do it against anybody else.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Good try with the fishing trip Dorkie...no one is biting to that...
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

h's dad wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:44 pm
Presumably that would be the All Blacks. I particularly enjoyed the welsh victory over the all blacks in the 2000's, or was it the 90's, or the 80's or the 70's or the 60's ..........or the 50's.

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Traveller wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:25 pm
Presumably that would be the All Blacks. I particularly enjoyed the welsh victory over the all blacks in the 2000's, or was it the 90's, or the 80's or the 70's or the 60's ..........or the 50's.

The 30s was when it last happened, so most of their fans have never enjoyed beating a "bigger fish" - probably why the England wins are so important to them.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yes because you've got such a great record against the ABs 😜
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

JP14 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:19 am Would like to see you say that to a Scot's face!
I would do. I’d have no problem saying it.
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

Well the Scottish are apparently brought up to hate the English.
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:08 pm
Good try with the fishing trip Dorkie...no one is biting to that...
Guilty as charged but you wait, some won’t be able to resist wading in!
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:35 pm
Traveller wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:25 pm

The 30s was when it last happened, so most of their fans have never enjoyed beating a "bigger fish" - probably why the England wins are so important to them.
It was 1953
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Ryan and Ringrose out of England game
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer