6 NATIONS 2021

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 6 NATIONS 2021

Post by MCC1964 »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:17 am Daly dropped,hallelujah!
Right......here we go.......takes deep breath.

Scott, I agree with you.

:smt003
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

MCC1964 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:43 pm

Scott, I agree with you.

You know it makes sense 🤣😉
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Don’t watch loads of french rugby, anyone know what happened to Macalou? Thought he looked good for France against us last year.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:10 pm Don’t watch loads of french rugby, anyone know what happened to Macalou? Thought he looked good for France against us last year.
He’s turning out for Stade Français and isn’t far off the national squad, but he’s up against some top notch wing forwards. His chance’ll probably come.
Semper in excretia
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

sam16111986 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:50 pm France: Dulin; Thomas, Vakatawa, Fickou, Penaud; Jalibert, Dupont; Baille, Marchand, Haouas; Taofifenua, Willemse; Cretin, Ollivon (capt), Alldritt.

Replacements: Chat, Gros, Aldegheri, Cazeaux, Woki, Jelonch, Serin, Ntamack.
That’s a winning side, if they can keep their discipline. I’d have preferred Jelonch to Cretin (poor lad, with a name like that!), but no complaints from me. Ntamack has only had one match since recovering from a broken jaw, so a place on the bench is good. He can come on and hammer in the final nail in England’s coffin :smt002
Semper in excretia
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Robespierre wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:09 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:50 pm France: Dulin; Thomas, Vakatawa, Fickou, Penaud; Jalibert, Dupont; Baille, Marchand, Haouas; Taofifenua, Willemse; Cretin, Ollivon (capt), Alldritt.

That’s a winning side, if they can keep their discipline. I’d have preferred Jelonch to Cretin (poor lad, with a name like that!), but no complaints from me. Ntamack has only had one match since recovering from a broken jaw, so a place on the bench is good. He can come on and hammer in the final nail in England’s coffin :smt002
I hope you are right. I'm not comfortable with neither Jones as coach nor the Sarries in the squad. Patriotism can only be taken so far.

I had some great times with the rugby community in Toulouse so "Allez France!"
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Big Dai wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:52 pm
Robespierre wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:09 pm

I hope you are right. I'm not comfortable with neither Jones as coach nor the Sarries in the squad. Patriotism can only be taken so far.

I had some great times with the rugby community in Toulouse so "Allez France!"
Good man, Dai! Allez la 🇫🇷 !!
Semper in excretia
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

MCC1964 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:43 pm

Scott, I agree with you.

Wow. Can you see your therapist during lockdown?! 😂
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Got to say I lost interest in England after the world cup when it became clear that there was no recognition that the final was lost and that was because of tactical and player issues that could and should have been addressed in the first game after the world cup, yet there is an almost belligerent atitude from the team that coaches that all is good, and it was merely a failure to execute the plan on the day, when the plan was wrong and the players selected were not up to it.

Chamge the plan or change the players, but two 6N campaigns haven't shown that the same game plan with the same players is being executed any better. A couple of changes through injury aside.
BengalTiger

Post by BengalTiger »

rugbym4dmike wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:23 am I think he's now where he should be, as can cover a number of options from the bench (except defence of course).
Or attack!
rugbym4dmike
Tiger Cub

Post by rugbym4dmike »

Yes point taken
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

mol2 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:51 am Got to say I lost interest in England after the world cup when it became clear that there was no recognition that the final was lost and that was because of tactical and player issues that could and should have been addressed in the first game after the world cup, yet there is an almost belligerent atitude from the team that coaches that all is good, and it was merely a failure to execute the plan on the day, when the plan was wrong and the players selected were not up to it.

Chamge the plan or change the players, but two 6N campaigns haven't shown that the same game plan with the same players is being executed any better. A couple of changes through injury aside.
I have to say I was similar, I remember watching the opening game of the 2020 Six Nations and feeling befuddlement at enjoying Les Bleus beating England. As Big Dai, says patriotism can only go so far, and rugby aside I don't think many English people are in that much of a patriotic mood anyway (I'm certainly not). Continued selection of players not in form and Jones' refusal to realise that he needs to change his ways has almost completely alienated me from being a fan of the national team at the moment, I doubt it will change until EJ's tenure is at its conclusion.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

The RFU are in dire need of a shake up at the top, Will Carlings "old farts" are still in control, they seem to be dinosaurs with little or no idea of the modern game, so many wasted chances to expand the game. Rugby with it's ring fencing is in danger of disappearing up it's own orifice, without a strong professional Championship to feed and support the premiership and more and more non English qualified players in our league, England may well find them selves losing to Italy and winning the wooden spoon next.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

JP14 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:08 pm
mol2 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:51 am Got to say I lost interest in England after the world cup when it became clear that there was no recognition that the final was lost and that was because of tactical and player issues that could and should have been addressed in the first game after the world cup, yet there is an almost belligerent atitude from the team that coaches that all is good, and it was merely a failure to execute the plan on the day, when the plan was wrong and the players selected were not up to it.

I have to say I was similar, I remember watching the opening game of the 2020 Six Nations and feeling befuddlement at enjoying Les Bleus beating England. As Big Dai, says patriotism can only go so far, and rugby aside I don't think many English people are in that much of a patriotic mood anyway (I'm certainly not). Continued selection of players not in form and Jones' refusal to realise that he needs to change his ways has almost completely alienated me from being a fan of the national team at the moment, I doubt it will change until EJ's tenure is at its conclusion.
Got to say I feel very similar to that, I could see Wales beating us, I didn't really care and for someone who is fiercely English EJ has almost killed my desire to watch them.