Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: 6 NATIONS 2021

Post by RagingBull »

LE18 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:31 pm
DingDong wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:30 pm Sonja is a brilliant journo and an excellent presenter, however she got the line of questioning totally wrong IMO. Baiting Faz rather than breaking down the tactical/discipline/selection reasons why England lost. Not the high standards Sonja normal broadcasts.

As for Gengey in the players tunnel after the game, what was he doing??????
I switched it off at end of play, what was Genge doing?
he didn't clap in the tunnel....................

:smt022 :smt022 :smt038 :smt038

kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Social media and rationality - not exactly bed fellows.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/56234157

BBC Sport article re Genge death threats.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

https://www.the42.ie/laporte-galthie-si ... =shortlink

French government are not happy with this Covid outbreak and are apparently threatening to pull France out of the tournament if there isn't a thorough investigation by the FFR, however the above article suggests Laporte isn't keen on reprimanding Galthié too heavily.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

JP14 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:56 am https://www.the42.ie/laporte-galthie-si ... =shortlink

French government are not happy with this Covid outbreak and are apparently threatening to pull France out of the tournament if there isn't a thorough investigation by the FFR, however the above article suggests Laporte isn't keen on reprimanding Galthié too heavily.
From BBC website “ French sports minister Roxana Maracineanu has threatened to withdraw France from the Six Nations amid reports players went out to eat waffles while they were in Rome to play Italy in their opening game on 6 February”.

WAFFLES!!!!!!! :smt009 :smt006 :smt006 :smt006 :smt006
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

RichieB wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:07 pm
JP14 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:56 am https://www.the42.ie/laporte-galthie-si ... =shortlink

From BBC website “ French sports minister Roxana Maracineanu has threatened to withdraw France from the Six Nations amid reports players went out to eat waffles while they were in Rome to play Italy in their opening game on 6 February”.

WAFFLES!!!!!!! :smt009 :
Clearly appalled at the gastronomic lapse! :smt050
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Pundit

Post by Pundit »

So Pascal Jauzer admits that he got both tries wrong. Also, the French TMO, with his constant replays, must have been the only person on the planet who, by his own admission, couldn't see the ball hit Rees-Zammit's hand! As match officials they are a disgrace. Roman Poite is the only French referee worth a damn. I wonder if Jones "England must accept the ref's decision" would have been so glib if Wales had been on the wrong end. IMO refereeing is getting worse, and more inconsistent. It does not bode well for the game.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:18 pm If the person asking the questions had been male nothing would of been said, that is the issue here, the same has been going on recently in Wendyball as well when a female pundit says something.
Sonja is a journalist, it's her job to get a story, rather that than some of the tripe Craig Doyle gets out of players/coaches.
The abuse is out of order but the keyboard idiots are everywhere....that said is was a very bad interview. Sonja knows very well that the players cannot comment on the ref but she kept trying to provoke OF ( who I’m not a fan of), I would think the same had it been a male interviewer.
Last edited by daktari on Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Pundit wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:41 pm So Pascal Jauzer admits that he got both tries wrong. Also, the French TMO, with his constant replays, must have been the only person on the planet who, by his own admission, couldn't see the ball hit Rees-Zammit's hand! As match officials they are a disgrace. Roman Poite is the only French referee worth a damn. I wonder if Jones "England must accept the ref's decision" would have been so glib if Wales had been on the wrong end. IMO refereeing is getting worse, and more inconsistent. It does not bode well for the game.
Romain Poite! Have you watched any of his games in the last couple of years?
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

I don’t think Poite covered himself in glory with his TMO decision on Iain Henderson’s ‘non-try’ in the Ireland vs Italy game.
Pundit

Post by Pundit »

I agree with both of you regarding Poite, but I was trying to resist condemning French officials across the board! What I really believe is, the French should stick to playing! There is too much at stake today, in terms of money, player commitment, club commitment, fans, etc, to tolerate incompetent officials. All ref's make mistakes, but last Saturday was beyond a joke. England should have submitted a formal complaint, for the sake of all other ref's and the game in general.
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Pundit wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:19 pm I agree with both of you regarding Poite, but I was trying to resist condemning French officials across the board! What I really believe is, the French should stick to playing! There is too much at stake today, in terms of money, player commitment, club commitment, fans, etc, to tolerate incompetent officials. All ref's make mistakes, but last Saturday was beyond a joke. England should have submitted a formal complaint, for the sake of all other ref's and the game in general.
I’ve seen Gauzere many times and he’s really good, along with Ruiz, who was the TMO. Hopefully Saturday was just a blip for both. Poite used to be good but seems to have lost his way.
I think England’s top 5 refs are all very good, Barnes, Pearce, Carley, Dickson (never understood the stick those two get on here) and Ridley (despite having a mare on Saturday). Beyond them, I don’t rate CMK, Tempest or Foley. After Nige, Wales have 3 decent young refs. Adamson is the chosen one in Scotland, even though he’s consistently dreadful and there are two young lads who are much better. Ireland are struggling, Brace is good but again, Murphy is climbing the ladder but is as awful as Adamson.
So, in summary, there are sufficient good refs around but some of the higher level appointments can be baffling.
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Pundit wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:19 pm I agree with both of you regarding Poite, but I was trying to resist condemning French officials across the board! What I really believe is, the French should stick to playing! There is too much at stake today, in terms of money, player commitment, club commitment, fans, etc, to tolerate incompetent officials. All ref's make mistakes, but last Saturday was beyond a joke. England should have submitted a formal complaint, for the sake of all other ref's and the game in general.
I’ve seen Gauzere many times and he’s really good, along with Ruiz, who was the TMO. Hopefully Saturday was just a blip for both. Poite used to be good but seems to have lost his way.
I think England’s top 5 refs are all very good, Barnes, Pearce, Carley, Dickson (never understood the stick those two get on here) and Ridley (despite having a mare on Saturday). Beyond them, I don’t rate CMK, Tempest or Foley. After Nige, Wales have 3 decent young refs. Adamson is the chosen one in Scotland, even though he’s consistently dreadful and there are two young lads who are much better. Ireland are struggling, Brace is good but again, Murphy is climbing the ladder but is as awful as Adamson.
So, in summary, there are sufficient good refs around but some of the higher level appointments can be baffling.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Galthie did break French isolation bubble :

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/galthie- ... ient-zero/
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....