6 NATIONS 2021

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: 6 NATIONS 2021

Post by JP14 »

Fans should be asking questions about the team, not venting frustration at a poor England performance with a good old sexist rant or blaming the referee.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:09 pm
JP14 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:06 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:48 pm Why have George Martin on the bench if you’re not going to use him?
+1

This is what I can’t stand about Eddie Jones.
What benefits him & England in the long term, time training with England or playing 80mins for Tigers today?
What would have benefitted him and the England team would to have been in a forward looking squad, alongside other high performing young individuals attempting to build a side for the next world cup.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

JP14 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:16 pm Fans should be asking questions about the team, not venting frustration at a poor England performance with a good old sexist rant or blaming the referee.
Damm right according to Twitter she drove home in tears thanks to social media abuse she received. I'd switched off tbh as soon as the final whistle was blown so I never saw anything.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:34 pm
JP14 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:16 pm Fans should be asking questions about the team, not venting frustration at a poor England performance with a good old sexist rant or blaming the referee.
Damm right according to Twitter she drove home in tears thanks to social media abuse she received. I'd switched off tbh as soon as the final whistle was blown so I never saw anything.
Likewise
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

JP14 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:14 pm That woman has a name, Sonia, and was doing her job, what was she supposed to ask Farrell? What are you having for tea?
She wasn’t doing her job she was just trying to get a rise out of Farrell and Eddie by asking them to comment on the referee. You can tell by everyone she interviews what they think of her. I don’t agree with any personal abuse against her but let’s be honest she is rubbish
A2O
Coleshillad
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Coleshillad »

Totally concur.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

.....and her name is Sonja.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

The joy of Unsocial Media.....
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

Ian Cant wrote
Lack of discipline and focus cost England the game not the ref.
That is written as if it's law. Just your opinion chum, you are not a judge.
A life long Tiger
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Smudge wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:16 pm I was surprised to learn after the match that Eddie had reported the referee before.
Human nature being what it is. it's no surprise he was so anti England. Revenge being a meal best eaten cold.
On the odd occasion he was not whistle happy we had a decent game.
Irrespective of the result, the whole thing was spoilt as an occasion by this idiot.
I can't believe that the English officials will not be complaining or that he will not get a panning by all the other officials.
I was pleased with the way our two backs played .
The Taffs won't believe their luck today but what comes round goes round.
Which is exactly what happened today. 3 years ago at Twickenham, Anscombe was denied what replays showed was a winning try because the ref decided there was insufficient downward pressure.
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

RunTigerRun wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:05 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:02 pm The Championship is gone for England now, so lets use the remainder of the tournament to build for the future. (So long as you're not just trying not to get fired)

Bring in Simmonds for Lawes into the squad, then I'd select this team:

15 Malins
14 Watson
13 Odogwu
12 Lawrence
11 May
10 Ford
9 Youngs
1 Genge
2 Cowan-Dickie
3 Sinkler
4 Itoje
5 Ewels
6 Curry
7 Earl
8 Vunipola

16 George
17 Vunipola
18 Stuart
19 Martin
20 Simmonds
21 Robson
22 Farrell
23 Slade
Love that team to be fair. Personally I’d swap Billy for Dombrandt, and Farrell for M. Smith but can’t see Eddie doing that...
That’s exactly what I thought!
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

ay2oh wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:50 pm
JP14 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:14 pm That woman has a name, Sonia, and was doing her job, what was she supposed to ask Farrell? What are you having for tea?
She wasn’t doing her job she was just trying to get a rise out of Farrell and Eddie by asking them to comment on the referee. You can tell by everyone she interviews what they think of her. I don’t agree with any personal abuse against her but let’s be honest she is rubbish
As it was one of or the major talking point of the match, why was she not doing her job by asking about refereeing decisions?
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Having listened to the analysis and watched the replays, I can understand why the second one was given, as when he dropped it, the ball shot backwards off his lower leg.
We did get away with one on the first try though!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Dokie wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:01 am Having listened to the analysis and watched the replays, I can understand why the second one was given, as when he dropped it, the ball shot backwards off his lower leg.
Nigel Owens disagrees, he said if you knock it forward at any point you must regain control before it hits the ground not just have a subsequent contact that knocks it back, it doesn't matter that overall direction was backwards.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... k-19932005
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:09 am
Dokie wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:01 am Having listened to the analysis and watched the replays, I can understand why the second one was given, as when he dropped it, the ball shot backwards off his lower leg.
Nigel Owens disagrees, he said if you knock it forward at any point you must regain control before it hits the ground not just have a subsequent contact that knocks it back, it doesn't matter that overall direction was backwards.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... k-19932005
I must admit that, when a player fluffs a catch and sheepishly attempts a kick ahead as if it was all part of the plan, (We'll call him Dai for reference. An honest, if largely in effective prop) even if the attempted disguise was successful and the foot struck the ball before it hit the deck, sir would say. "Who are you trying to kid? Knock on."
Maybe it's different for backs?