6 NATIONS 2021

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Re: 6 NATIONS 2021

Post by ay2oh »

loretta wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:23 am Wales have been flattered by recent results. Still not had to face a full 15 opposition, when they do things could unravel very quickly. whether England are the side to do that, we'll see later. England certainly haven't fired well yet, but with Ford at 10, they may click.

Don't get too cocky too soon.

Oh! Silly me, of course you will.
Wales are suddenly world beaters after two wins against 14 men 😂
A2O
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

ay2oh wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:52 am
loretta wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:23 am Wales have been flattered by recent results. Still not had to face a full 15 opposition, when they do things could unravel very quickly. whether England are the side to do that, we'll see later. England certainly haven't fired well yet, but with Ford at 10, they may click.

You could argue that todays is a game between 2 distinctly average teams, it could be almost unwatchable, England should win, but if Wales take the handbrake off & Foxy is genuinely fit......what is guaranteed is that Daly will be shown up at some point in the game, for the sake of the spectacle hopefully by LRZ, although if it involves North it could be properly comical.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:06 am
ay2oh wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:52 am

You could argue that todays is a game between 2 distinctly average teams, it could be almost unwatchable, England should win, but if Wales take the handbrake off & Foxy is genuinely fit......what is guaranteed is that Daly will be shown up at some point in the game, for the sake of the spectacle hopefully by LRZ, although if it involves North it could be properly comical.
Who’s Foxy, please ?
Semper in excretia
Super User
Super User

Jonathan Davies, his younger brother is known as Cubby.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:27 am Jonathan Davies, his younger brother is known as Cubby.
IIRC their parents ran a pub called The Fox (and Hounds?). Davies being a very unusual surname in Wales (not) Jon, being the eldest was referred to as Fox or Foxy. James, being the younger, became Cubby (or Cubby Boi) by the same logic. He's been Cubby so long that I have to think hard to remember his real name :smt005
Super User
Super User

James is wonderful to watch at 7, but like his elder brother injuries seem to of caught up with him, personally I would of really enjoyed either of them in a Tigers shirt.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:27 am Jonathan Davies, his younger brother is known as Cubby.
Cheers, WRFC.
Semper in excretia
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Wonder how Ireland will do against Italy today? Is there going to be an upset?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
nasher

Post by nasher »

England beware! Wales have won twice by virtue of playing against 14 men. With the current rash of red cards( under new protocols many deserved) England must be on their best behaviour. My guess is Farrell will be carded for his tackles and England will lose.
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

nasher wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:20 pm England beware! Wales have won twice by virtue of playing against 14 men. With the current rash of red cards( under new protocols many deserved) England must be on their best behaviour. My guess is Farrell will be carded for his tackles and England will lose.
That would be too much to bear for the anti Sarries brigade. 😂
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Cocky? No. Realistic? Absolutely!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

What has Italy ever done to Miles Harrison? Seems to be keenly over-exaggerating how poor the Azzurri are.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Tbf it’s only Wales we are playing,but even I’m not confident today. I can see us getting turned over the way we are performing. But it’s on us,no matter what Wales do if we play our best we win,simple as that!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Do we have to have Davies commentating, Butlers bad enough, but Davies just grates! :hammer:
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

3 penalties,great start!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer