6 NATIONS 2021

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 6 NATIONS 2021

Post by KiwiTig »

Amazing achievement for young George Martin and so pleased for this young man but selfishly saddened that we can’t have him this weekend :smt022
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

Momentum - the quantity of motion of a moving body. It takes into account speed;
Force takes into account acceleration.
An accelerating punch, kick,chop and tackle will do more harm than a push. I've seen Karate Kid you know LOL.

Backy was the jackler of his day who could also put fat boys back. His size got him quickly down to where it hurts.
Rugby is a game for all sizes.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Congratulations George Martin - great strides recently.Surprised , but delighted for him and the internal call up can only help him improve further.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Think being in the squad will do wonders for Martin’s development. I think Heyes being with England has massively helped, starting to put in some big performances.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I'm yet to see a big performance from Heyes.
Holding off Marler at Quins last week was misleading, Quins weren't playing for scrum penalties and wanted it in and out quickly and Leicester running about.
However Martin is clearly a good player.
I hope England look after him.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

BFG wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:09 am I'm yet to see a big performance from Heyes.
Holding off Marler at Quins last week was misleading, Quins weren't playing for scrum penalties and wanted it in and out quickly and Leicester running about.
Tbh in their first few scrums they delayed the ball at 8's feet, saw they weren't getting the nudge on and only after did they go for a quickly out the back for the rest of the game.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:13 am
BFG wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:09 am I'm yet to see a big performance from Heyes.
Tbh in their first few scrums they delayed the ball at 8's feet, saw they weren't getting the nudge on and only after did they go for a quickly out the back for the rest of the game.
I wouldn't expect Leicester to be shoved about with that big pack and in particular Montoya and De Bruin playing.
A big performance for me is usually one that contributes to winning a game.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

BFG wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:25 am
I wouldn't expect Leicester to be shoved about with that big pack and in particular Montoya and De Bruin playing.
So, how many of Sergio Parisse's performances for Italy would you deem 'not a big performance' solely because Italy lost.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Cagey Tiger wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:02 pm

So, how many of Sergio Parisse's performances for Italy would you deem 'not a big performance' solely because Italy lost.
Please note that in bold. :smt023
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

French scrum half, Antoine Dupont has tested positive for covid and is already in isolation.
Might be nip and tuck if he'll be fit for the Scottish match in Paris on Sunday 28th.
Semper in excretia
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Robespierre wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:40 pm French scrum half, Antoine Dupont has tested positive for covid and is already in isolation.
Might be nip and tuck if he'll be fit for the Scottish match in Paris on Sunday 28th.
That's not good for the spectacle of the game. Looks like France have had an outbreak..
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

BFG wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:06 pm

I did and my question still stands.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Robespierre wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:40 pm French scrum half, Antoine Dupont has tested positive for covid and is already in isolation.
Just learnt that he's obliged to self isolate for ten days, so he'll miss the Scotland match but all being well will be ok for Twickenham on Saturday March 13th!
Semper in excretia
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Cagey Tiger wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:55 pm
BFG wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:06 pm
I did and my question still stands.
Sorry but I didn't see a question.
It's arguing for the sake of arguing.
We've seen enough years of Cole and Castro to know what a big performance is at tight head.
Parisse was clearly a high quality player often playing in a weaker Italian team, unusual circumstances, he was a stand out player for them but he wasn't always the biggest performer on the park, or even in his position.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Break has come at an appropriate time for France.Now selection is governed by 'who else' and 'when' once an initial outbreak has been confirmed.All sport (as with life) still fragile in the wake of Covid ....
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....