6 NATIONS 2021

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Re: 6 NATIONS 2021

Post by Robespierre »

There are three changes to the French squad for the match against Scotland on the 28th:

Props Kolingar and Aldeghiri are replaced by Gros(Toulon) and Bamba(Lyon) and 2nd row Pesenti is replaced by Rebbadj(Toulon).

The tight scrum was a bit disappointing against Ireland so maybe the changes have been made with that in mind.
Semper in excretia
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

Thoroughly deserved call up for George Martin to the England Squad as a replacement for Jack Willis.
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

Agree it is great to see, but it’s not exactly like for like.

I worry he will just end up being unused alongside Randall and Odogwu, which is a waste of development opportunity in my view.
Tigers till I die

www.ruckedover.blogspot.com
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

RunTigerRun wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:07 pm Thoroughly deserved call up for George Martin to the England Squad as a replacement for Jack Willis.
+1.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

iceman_19 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:08 pm Agree it is great to see, but it’s not exactly like for like.

I worry he will just end up being unused alongside Randall and Odogwu, which is a waste of development opportunity in my view.
I agree it's not like for like, but when you have Earl and Curry still in the squad as the jackal threats I'm not concerned this is much of an issue.

To me Jones seemed to be hinting at a possible involvement for Randall and Odogwu at a later stage in the tournament, perhaps the last game of the tournament against Ireland? We'll see what happens, but even I don't think Jones would have selected those two in a reduced 28 man squad if he didn't think he was going to play them at some point.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

JP14 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:15 pm
iceman_19 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:08 pm Agree it is great to see, but it’s not exactly like for like.

I agree it's not like for like, but when you have Earl and Curry still in the squad as the jackal threats I'm not concerned this is much of an issue.

To me Jones seemed to be hinting at a possible involvement for Randall and Odogwu at a later stage in the tournament, perhaps the last game of the tournament against Ireland? We'll see what happens, but even I don't think Jones would have selected those two in a reduced 28 man squad if he didn't think he was going to play them at some point.
Tbh at this stage of his career, just being in the squad is a good achievement for Martin, he'll be developing just being in and around the squad. I'd love him to get a cap, but don't think it's a bad thing if he misses out.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

You have to wish the lad well and it will only improve him as a player regardless of whether or not he gets on the field. Well done that man.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Even if he doesn't play what a boost it must give the academy players coming up.
been too long since we had a young academy lad get a england call up
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

After England lose in Cardiff, it might increase the chances of selection for those lads.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Dokie wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:42 pm

After England lose in Cardiff, it might increase the chances of selection for those lads.
And which year would that be? 2027? :smt002
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Think someone is forgetting the absolute demolition job we recently did on Wales. We even took our foot off the gas in the last 2 minutes out of pity and let them at least have a respectable scoreline and a moral victory 😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Congratulations George,would've been earlier if it wasn't for his unfortunate injury!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Dokie wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:42 pm

There’s absolutely no chance of Wales beating England unless England get 4 or 5 men sent off 😂
A2O
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

JP14 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:12 pm
RunTigerRun wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:07 pm Thoroughly deserved call up for George Martin to the England Squad as a replacement for Jack Willis.
+1.
Happy for the lad but feel Dombrandt and Simmons were ahead of him.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Big Dai wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:51 pm
JP14 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:12 pm
+1.
Happy for the lad but feel Dombrandt and Simmons were ahead of him.
Simmons will never get a call up. Too small for an international 8
A2O