Super User

Re: 6 NATIONS 2021

Post by LE18 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:27 pm
Crofty wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:53 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:47 pm

its very easy to say you don't want a job that isn't even open
True, but what would be his motivation?
well it could be a bad look to say you want someone else's job whilst they are still in it, also could upset things at Exeter, players he wants to join would be thinking about how committed he is
I cant think of a good reason why Baxter would want to leave Exeter, he has a nice cosy niche there, well paid, home from work every evening, home comforts and food, no danger of getting the sack, why would he want to change his life to being a maverick, here there and everywhere constantly living in hotels?
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

LE18 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:10 pm

well it could be a bad look to say you want someone else's job whilst they are still in it, also could upset things at Exeter, players he wants to join would be thinking about how committed he is
I cant think of a good reason why Baxter would want to leave Exeter, he has a nice cosy niche there, well paid, home from work every evening, home comforts and food, no danger of getting the sack, why would he want to change his life to being a maverick, here there and everywhere constantly living in hotels?
constantly living in Hotels? why would he be, England play in short stints a couple of times a year the rest of the time he would be at home
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:21 pm

constantly living in Hotels? why would he be, England play in short stints a couple of times a year the rest of the time he would be at home
Ha Ha Ha, So he wouldn't be out scouting every day, watching players all over the Country, attending and leading overseas tours, running coaching courses, etc etc, he would just be lying in bed in between his few International matches :smt017 :smt017
So what do we pay Eddie for during all his spare time?
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

LE18 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:52 pm

Ha Ha Ha, So he wouldn't be out scouting every day, watching players all over the Country, attending and leading overseas tours, running coaching courses, etc etc, he would just be lying in bed in between his few International matches :smt017 :smt017
England is a small country he has no need to stay in hotels in order to watch anyone especially as we have the stupid rule about players playing abroad, overseas tours happen once a year that was included in my short stints thing, he would have far more time at home as international head coach then a club level where he is working with players and coaches on a daily basis. I very much doubt Eddie Jones is leading coaching courses in anything but name only if he is even doing that
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Baxter will leave Exeter when the money decides, either when Napoleon snuffs it or when inescapable pressure is applied, following a Deanoesque run of defeats. My money's on the former.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:02 pm
England is a small country he has no need to stay in hotels in order to watch anyone especially as we have the stupid rule about players playing abroad, overseas tours happen once a year that was included in my short stints thing, he would have far more time at home as international head coach then a club level where he is working with players and coaches on a daily basis. I very much doubt Eddie Jones is leading coaching courses in anything but name only if he is even doing that
So what does Eddie do in all this spare time you think he has?
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

LE18 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:01 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:02 pm

I've no idea why don't you write to him and ask
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

LE18 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:01 pm
Whatever his Wife tells him to do?
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:47 pm

its very easy to say you don't want a job that isn't even open
No, I mean what would his motivation be to leave the very comfy set up he has in Exeter to go balance on the razor's edge that is the national head coach's job? Case in point, Exeter have had a few bad games (by their standards) of late and nobody is calling for his head, England have turned out one poor performance, in highly unusual circumstances, and there are many baying for Jones' blood...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Crofty wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:24 am

No, I mean what would his motivation be to leave the very comfy set up he has in Exeter to go balance on the razor's edge that is the national head coach's job? Case in point, Exeter have had a few bad games (by their standards) of late and nobody is calling for his head, England have turned out one poor performance, in highly unusual circumstances, and there are many baying for Jones' blood...
Ambition? He’s won everything at Exeter, he may well want to challenge himself on a different stage
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

If the 6 Nations follows the example of our own domestic season thus far anything remains possible.Still believe the tournament will be close and that England will restore some semblance of pride but right now Italy look awful and France do look threatening.Welcome win for Wales , but lets see how they perform against 15 men.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

https://youtu.be/BYHl_M_1i6o

Ellis Genge's hilarious breakdown of the props aside, this video highlights for me a fundamental flaw with Farrell's leadership. After the defeat to Scotland, he frequently repeats "I think we've got to make stuff happen, boys"...

We? Our captain kicks away possession with a 7 on 3 overlap and has the audacity to claim that it's the team's responsibility to mix it up? At least Jones, for all his faults, takes the hit for England's poor performances.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

It's a bit captain hindsight when it comes to England but actually there were no real surprises at the weekend.

England were undercooked, missing a few, etc. Scotland have got Russell back in the fold and have a good side. France have a very good side and coaching set up now and will be hard to beat for anyone. Wales can beat a 14-man Irish side on home soil.

I had the Championship as France, England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Italy but now wondering if Ireland or Scotland may be able to leap over England but equally I expect England to get stronger with returning players/fitness, etc. Still think Wales team looks a bit staid and having a bit of a changing of the guard coach/player wise.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

In all likelihood, unsurprisingly, there’ll be no changes to the French team for the next match in Dublin. This match will without doubt be a tough test for them, but I hope, and believe there’ll have enough to beat the Irish.
Semper in excretia
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:22 am
Crofty wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:24 am

Ambition? He’s won everything at Exeter, he may well want to challenge himself on a different stage
Not until they have doubled again. As I said, Tony Rowe's health probably more important, as Baxter's roots are very deep in the area.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.