6 NATIONS 2021

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mol2
Super User
Super User

Re: 6 NATIONS 2021

Post by mol2 »

At least with the font row, if they bring on Abano and he struggles they can always bring Genge back on!

He certaily struggled against Tigers at Welford Road and I doubt Scotland will offer an easy test but at least he won't be up against Cole!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

mol2 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:30 am At least with the font row, if they bring on Abano and he struggles they can always bring Genge back on!

He certaily struggled against Tigers at Welford Road and I doubt Scotland will offer an easy test but at least he won't be up against Cole!
You can only bring back front row for injury/card reasons, not just cus they're being destroyed.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:57 am
mol2 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:30 am At least with the font row, if they bring on Abano and he struggles they can always bring Genge back on!

You can only bring back front row for injury/card reasons, not just cus they're being destroyed.
Can only return so long as the substitution card states that the change was tactical. If marked Injury, the player may not return.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Nel is a very good scrummager,he will be licking his lips at the thought of Obano!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

JP14 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:34 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:38 pm
JP14 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:41 pm Let's face it unless Daly insults Eddie's dog he will always be picked, same goes for other players. Good to see that Obano could make his long overdue cap from the bench, however knowing Eddie he will either come on for 50 seconds or not at all.
I think EJs dog is more suited to International Rugby at 15 than Daly.
Agreed, I find the fact that Steward isn’t even in the shadow squad a bit worrying.
I find it bizarre that some people are even mentioning Steward in terms of the England main or shadow squad. He's clearly come on leaps and bounds, is assured under the high ball and has been consistently one of our best players, certainly this season. But...he's only young, still trying to nail down a starting spot in the Tigers team and in my view has to concentrate on that and if he continues to develop, he'll be in with a shot, without doubt. Not at the moment though. If Steward was to start in Daly's place I think it could turn out to be a bit messy, the kid is only just establishing himself as a first-team club player. I'm a big fan of Daly, he gives you that left boot option in the back field and also a massive boot from the tee, he's also an elusive runner, which admittedly we haven't seen much of in the last year or so, due to the style of play, but if what they're saying in camp is right and they've been working on attack, then Daly is your man, quick, good hands and pretty solid in defence.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

westwinds31 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:13 pm

Agreed, I find the fact that Steward isn’t even in the shadow squad a bit worrying.
I find it bizarre that some people are even mentioning Steward in terms of the England main or shadow squad. He's clearly come on leaps and bounds, is assured under the high ball and has been consistently one of our best players, certainly this season. But...he's only young, still trying to nail down a starting spot in the Tigers team and in my view has to concentrate on that and if he continues to develop, he'll be in with a shot, without doubt. Not at the moment though. If Steward was to start in Daly's place I think it could turn out to be a bit messy, the kid is only just establishing himself as a first-team club player. I'm a big fan of Daly, he gives you that left boot option in the back field and also a massive boot from the tee, he's also an elusive runner, which admittedly we haven't seen much of in the last year or so, due to the style of play, but if what they're saying in camp is right and they've been working on attack, then Daly is your man, quick, good hands and pretty solid in defence.
I agree on the Steward point but not Daly, IMHO Malins and Watson are far better
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Watson I think is the natural choice for the full back slot, but he hasn't got Daly's kicking game. Malins is a good impact sub at the moment and will probably get his chance in the next couple of years I suspect. I'm not sure why Daly gets so much stick - if he was making mistakes or his decision-making was bad I could understand it, but he's been fine for me. Listening to Eddie on podcasts and interviews, the game is a kicking game at the moment, and I think Daly fits the mould. It may change.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Look for Daly to join the line late in this game too without Ford ,playing in more of a Goode role
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:31 pm Look for Daly to join the line late in this game too without Ford ,playing in more of a Goode role
I’m not a big Daly at fullback fan but without Ford at 10 I think you need a creative player at 15 in international rugby. So definitely hope to see this!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Watson blew his chance for 15 at WR.

Daly is an international quality player, not at 15 though.

Obano getting done over at scrum time might help him long term, Sinckler used to be a joke in the scrum.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

westwinds31 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:13 pm

I’ve said this on here before but some of our tunnel-visioned members are convinced that Steward and Reffell should start for the Lions!!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Steward would’ve even get picked if he was on fire,this is Gatland we are talking about. Ford won’t go either. Remember Launchbury too?!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Lydiate starting for Wales,thought it was a typo! Used to love his chop and fetch combination with Warburton
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Wales v Ireland teams:

Wales: Leigh Halfpenny; Louis Rees-Zammit, George North, Johnny Williams, Hallam Amos; Dan Biggar, Tomos Williams; Wyn Jones, Ken Owens, Tomas Francis, Adam Beard, Alun Wyn Jones (capt), Dan Lydiate, Justin Tipuric, Taulupe Faletau.

Replacements: Elliot Dee, Rhodri Jones, Leon Brown, Will Rowlands, Josh Navidi, Gareth Davies, Callum Sheedy, Nick Tompkins.

Ireland: 15. Keenan ; 14. Earls, 13. Ringrose, 12. Henshaw, 11. Lowe ; 10. Sexton (cap), 9. Murray ; 7. Van Der Flier, 8. Stander, 6. O’Mahony ; 5. Ryan, 4. Beirne ; 3. Porter, 2. Herring, 1. Healy.
16. Kelleher, 17. Kilcoyne, 18. Furlon, 19. Henderson, 20. Connors, 21. Gibson Park, 22. Burns, 23. Larmour.

Ireland will justifiably be favourites, but I'd love them to be on the receiving end of a resurgent Wales.
Semper in excretia
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Ireland could be dark horses,don’t underestimate the lift POC will give them.