Time wasting

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4041
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: Time wasting

Post by strawclearer » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:45 pm

Put the onus on the player. Forget the ref shouting "Use It!"....

Law 17 - When the ball has been clearly won by a team at the ruck, and is available to be played, the ball must be played away from the ruck in good time and certainly within five seconds. Sanction: Scrum.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives

loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1181
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:31 pm
Location: With the PFJ

Re: Time wasting

Post by loretta » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:53 pm

voice of the crumbie wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:08 am
Old Hob wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:51 pm
Perhaps, when crowds are allowed back, we can help the referee by giving a very loud count-down to encourage the laggards.
Maybe the scoreboard can help us by putting up a countdown clock :smt003
Perhaps Rachel Riley could be brought in as an enforcer too!
I find your lack of faith......disturbing.

ads
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 664
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:01 pm
Location: Born Leic, Live Leeds

Re: Time wasting

Post by ads » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:41 pm

Old Hob wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:51 pm
Perhaps, when crowds are allowed back, we can help the referee by giving a very loud count-down to encourage the laggards.
I actually think this is a great idea. ref calls 'use it' someone in the crowd starts counting loudly, more people join in as they realise whats happening, once past 5 half the crowd is counting and the other half booing!!

Would be interesting to see what the crowd count gets to.

Obvs if Rachel Riley wants to come along to guide us, she'd be more than welcome!

Big Dai
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4675
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:04 pm
Location: Abergavenny

Re: Time wasting

Post by Big Dai » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:06 pm

Old Hob wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:51 pm
Perhaps, when crowds are allowed back, we can help the referee by giving a very loud count-down to encourage the laggards.
It's a bit soccer........ But I like it!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"

Crofty
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 445
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:07 pm
Location: The bagging area (unexpectedly)

Re: Time wasting

Post by Crofty » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:52 pm

Big Dai wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:06 pm
Old Hob wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:51 pm
Perhaps, when crowds are allowed back, we can help the referee by giving a very loud count-down to encourage the laggards.
It's a bit soccer........ But I like it!
Can soccer fans count to 5?

[I'm joking, before a war gets provoked]
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

trendylfj
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1844
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:16 am
Location: MARKET HARBOROUGH

Re: Time wasting

Post by trendylfj » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:43 pm

If the general idea is to speed up the game, as an ex scrum-half who played many many years ago under totally different laws, just make the ball in play as soon as the scrum-half touches it with his hands. None of this waiting until he lifts the ball - makes the box kick a lot less likely to happen and the SH will certainly want to move the ball out much quicker.
Hehehehehehehehe

Big Dai
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4675
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:04 pm
Location: Abergavenny

Re: Time wasting

Post by Big Dai » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:08 pm

Crofty wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:52 pm
Big Dai wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:06 pm
Old Hob wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:51 pm
Perhaps, when crowds are allowed back, we can help the referee by giving a very loud count-down to encourage the laggards.
It's a bit soccer........ But I like it!
Can soccer fans count to 5?

[I'm joking, before a war gets provoked]
Yes.....I'd expect rugby fans to do it backwards!!!!! 😂😂😂
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"

Crofty
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 445
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:07 pm
Location: The bagging area (unexpectedly)

Re: Time wasting

Post by Crofty » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:52 am

Big Dai wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:08 pm
Crofty wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:52 pm
Big Dai wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:06 pm


It's a bit soccer........ But I like it!
Can soccer fans count to 5?

[I'm joking, before a war gets provoked]
Yes.....I'd expect rugby fans to do it backwards!!!!! 😂😂😂
In latin?
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

Big Dai
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4675
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:04 pm
Location: Abergavenny

Re: Time wasting

Post by Big Dai » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:43 am

Crofty wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:52 am
Big Dai wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:08 pm
Crofty wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:52 pm


Can soccer fans count to 5?

[I'm joking, before a war gets provoked]
Yes.....I'd expect rugby fans to do it backwards!!!!! 😂😂😂
In latin?
V, IV, III, II, I
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"

Crofty
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 445
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:07 pm
Location: The bagging area (unexpectedly)

Re: Time wasting

Post by Crofty » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:49 pm

Big Dai wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:43 am
Crofty wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:52 am
Big Dai wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:08 pm


Yes.....I'd expect rugby fans to do it backwards!!!!! 😂😂😂
In latin?
V, IV, III, II, I
qu īnque, quattuor, tria, duo, ūnum
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4142
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Time wasting

Post by Scott1 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:54 pm

I’m good for French,Spanish and German 😂

wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1386
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:23 pm
Location: "The Home of the Game!"

Re: Time wasting

Post by wormus » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:08 pm

Scott1 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:54 pm
I’m good for French,Spanish and German 😂
Well Scott1 you were not so hot on Paulo Spanish and Paolo Italian! :smt002
But there are very few things good now in France. :smt019

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4142
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Time wasting

Post by Scott1 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:01 pm

wormus wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:08 pm
Scott1 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:54 pm
I’m good for French,Spanish and German 😂
Well Scott1 you were not so hot on Paulo Spanish and Paolo Italian! :smt002
But there are very few things good now in France. :smt019
😂👍

Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2051
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:53 am
Location: Barrowford, near the Witches

Re: Time wasting

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:33 pm

Now Alan Lewis has retired that's one less ref who can't count....
To win is not as important as playing with style!

Big Dai
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4675
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:04 pm
Location: Abergavenny

Re: Time wasting

Post by Big Dai » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:26 pm

Crofty wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:49 pm
Big Dai wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:43 am
Crofty wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:52 am


In latin?
V, IV, III, II, I
qu īnque, quattuor, tria, duo, ūnum
<Moriarty as Caesar>
Veni. Vidi, Vici.

<Eccles>
Alo!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: glenn, Google [Bot] and 2 guests