Round 6 other fixtures

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Round 6 other fixtures

Post by Tiglon »

Despite Saints v Tigers being called off, I for one am still determined to brighten up my lockdown by enjoying a weekend of rugby - assuming no more matches are cancelled (I still think Exeter v Bristol may be in doubt). There are some fascinating match ups this weekend to look forward to:

Bath v Wasps - Can Bath become the sum of their parts once again and recover some kind of form at home, or will Wasps continue where they left off against Exeter and leave Bath with 1 win from 5?

Sale v Worcester - Can Sale be more convincing in victory than they were last week or will Warriors produce an upset? Are Sale without Diamond the same team?

Exeter v Bristol - Just how far have Bristol come, are they genuine contenders at the top of the table? Are Chiefs still head and shoulders above in the absence of Salarycens?

Newcastle v Gloucester - Are Gloucester as poor as their results suggest? Are Newcastle as good as their results suggest, or did they simply benefit from out of form Sale and Bath, Wasps without their internationals and a covid hit Tigers?

Harlequins v London Irish - It will just be nice to see Irish play in the Premiership again after more than a month, I'd almost forgotten they were in it!
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Round 6 other fixtures

Post by loretta »

I shall be sat in front of the telly for every game I'm allowed, I've never watched so much non-Tigers games! Takes your mind out of the house.

Exeter Brizz looks like a query, as you say. It's alright Baxter saying he's confident it'll go ahead but it's not his choice. More testing to come too.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Wouldn't like to predict any one of those results but looking forward to watching some of them.
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

ourla wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:43 pm Wouldn't like to predict any one of those results but looking forward to watching some of them.
Which speaks as to how competitive the league is as every match bar Exe-Bis is top 7 vs bottom 5 unless I've misread them...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere