Saints v Tigers - 09th January 2021 - cancelled due to COVID

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Saints v Tigers - 09th January 2021 - cancelled due to COVID

Post by Scott1 »

What’s everyone’s thoughts? If available I would like to see De Bruin,Taufua,Moroni and Reffell in the 23
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Saints v Tigers - 09th January 2021

Post by RagingBull »

Pretty sure de Bruin was available for this game, he was training at least this week.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:47 pm Pretty sure de Bruin was available for this game, he was training at least this week.
Thanks RB ,proves the depth we have!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Tbh a lot depends on when different players are given the all clear, eg. Would Taufua come straight in if he can't train till Thursday.

I think now Bondi is back (assuming he's allowed to go to Oval park) we may see a few more training pics maybe? That may give us some hints?
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Now Bondi is back we might actually get some info out of the club.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

I also think I heard the commentators say Taute failed his HIA so I doubt we'll see him next weekend.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:03 pm I also think I heard the commentators say Taute failed his HIA so I doubt we'll see him next weekend.
He did fail the HIA so you're probably right. As long as one of Murimurivalu, Porter or Moroni are available, it shouldn't be a problem.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Tiglon wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:12 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:03 pm I also think I heard the commentators say Taute failed his HIA so I doubt we'll see him next weekend.
He did fail the HIA so you're probably right. As long as one of Murimurivalu, Porter or Moroni are available, it shouldn't be a problem.
🤞it's all 3 😉
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

We certainly do have a lot more depth now. I also think the coaches are looking at each opposition team and analysing them in depth to allow us to play a more targeted game using, when they are available, the best players to do the job!
If that is the case it's a luxury we haven't had for many years :smt023
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:47 pm Pretty sure de Bruin was available for this game, he was training at least this week.
Depends when he recommenced training I suppose and if he had Covid whether there was any hangover.

I would like to see us really take it to Saints. Settle both rivalry games and good points.

Moroni in for Taute seems like a logical move all round. He looked really good in his one appearance so far. I'd also have Lavanini in for Green as an additional carrying option. There's obviously a temptation to reward a lot of the guys who dug in today but if Taufua and Reffell are back available it would be hard not to select them. Wallace didn't shine off the bench and Henderson both scored and cost us a try.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I just wanna see Du Bruin scrummage again!
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:30 pm
Depends when he recommenced training I suppose and if he had Covid whether there was any hangover.

I would like to see us really take it to Saints. Settle both rivalry games and good points.

Moroni in for Taute seems like a logical move all round. He looked really good in his one appearance so far. I'd also have Lavanini in for Green as an additional carrying option. There's obviously a temptation to reward a lot of the guys who dug in today but if Taufua and Reffell are back available it would be hard not to select them. Wallace didn't shine off the bench and Henderson both scored and cost us a try.
Sorry, but I don't buy that. He did something rash, we conceded a penalty. After that, came a defensive stint under pressure in which the team conceded a try. Yes, his actions put us there, but it was far from inevitable that we came out a try down.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Lavanini ? First on the team sheet for me.
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

loretta wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:56 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:30 pm

Sorry, but I don't buy that. He did something rash, we conceded a penalty. After that, came a defensive stint under pressure in which the team conceded a try. Yes, his actions put us there, but it was far from inevitable that we came out a try down.
What did he actually do? The infringement? Presumably it was one we see unpunished 9 times out of 10.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

White and de Bruin were in training photos last week so both may well have been available for selection but left out. Heyes and JvP impressed against Bayonne so I was happy to see them backed for today.

Presuming that Taute is ruled out after the HIA but the covid absentees are available I'd like to see below for Saints. We will likely have a few weeks off after the Saints game due to the European games seeming very unlikely to get played with infection rates soaring.

1.Genge
2.Youngs
3.Cole
4.Lavanini
5.Martin
6.Liebenberg
7.Reffell
8.Wiese

9.Youngs
10.Ford

11.Nadolo
12.Scott