Non playing staff interfering with play

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Not a jock
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Non playing staff interfering with play

Post by Not a jock »

I would ban the subs from the in goal area, esepcially when they flood into that area to celebrate a try being scored.

Too much gamemanship eg kicking the ball away after conceding a penalty. What happened to the 10m march back? Good to see Ross get penalised for his pat on Balmain's head.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

A fan doing it is one thing a paid member of staff at the rugby club breaking the rules when not being one of the players on the pitch is something else.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

One for someone with a decent memory haha! I’m trying desperately to recall a situation where I believe a player was in the sin bin already and he caught the ball preventing a quick throw and he was red carded. It was definitely a premiership game and I’m almost sure that was the sequence of events. Can anyone help?!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

Not a jock wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:46 pm I would ban the subs from the in goal area, esepcially when they flood into that area to celebrate a try being scored.
Apparently they already are...it’s just never enforced, mainly due to lack of space for subs to do whatever it is subs do in the in goal area
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

And if a fan touches it, it must have gone into the crowd anyway, so a quick throw would not be possible
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Not a jock wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:46 pm I would ban the subs from the in goal area, esepcially when they flood into that area to celebrate a try being scored.

Too much gamemanship eg kicking the ball away after conceding a penalty. What happened to the 10m march back? Good to see Ross get penalised for his pat on Balmain's head.
I believe all "Finishers!" ie. Subs should be behind the posts of their teams and not behind the opposition's posts.
This simple change would prevent the team's subs flooding on after a score. I am probably alone on this one!
Slater's action and Du Preez's hit on Harris did not go un-noticed at a higher level they have both been cited.

I seem to remember Nigel yellow carding a ball boy ~ https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/rugby-union/39170280
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

northerntiger wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:53 pm And if a fan touches it, it must have gone into the crowd anyway, so a quick throw would not be possible
The ball boy that was the cause of all this was behind an advertising hording, so it must have "gone into the crowd" so to speak, so a quick throw was not possible.

I think, from footage on Twitter, that there were two knock ons, both by Sale, the first one stayed on the field so the Sale player touching the ball for the second knock on that went into touch would be dead ball instantly anyway, scrum Gloucester, not a quick line-out.
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:04 pm One for someone with a decent memory haha! I’m trying desperately to recall a situation where I believe a player was in the sin bin already and he caught the ball preventing a quick throw and he was red carded. It was definitely a premiership game and I’m almost sure that was the sequence of events. Can anyone help?!
Harry Williams vs Saracens?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

JP14 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:33 am
Scott1 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:04 pm One for someone with a decent memory haha! I’m trying desperately to recall a situation where I believe a player was in the sin bin already and he caught the ball preventing a quick throw and he was red carded. It was definitely a premiership game and I’m almost sure that was the sequence of events. Can anyone help?!
Harry Williams vs Saracens?
Was that the game where Rowe was laughing? No ,it wasn’t that recent mate.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Found it,it was Alain Roland sending Skinner off for Quins. He had already been substituted and it was the second time it had happened in the game!
DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by DingDong »

daktari wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:13 pm
Apparently they already are...it’s just never enforced, mainly due to lack of space for subs to do whatever it is subs do in the in goal area
Where for instance at Welford Road would you expect a sub to warm up?
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

DingDong wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:02 am
daktari wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:13 pm
Where for instance at Welford Road would you expect a sub to warm up?
They should warm up behind the posts / in goal area of their OWN team and not behind the opposition.
Mind you if I was a sub On Sunday I would warm up in the ABC bar!! :smt026
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
Pundit

Post by Pundit »

So-called "water carriers" run onto the pitch whenever they feel like it. There was a match recently in which the ref allowed penalties to be taken with these people kneeling in front of the posts; if the ball comes back off the post, it's still in play. No referee should restart play with medical or other staff on the field. No one should be permitted on the pitch without the ref's permission.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Each side is permitted a set number of Doctors, medical staff, coaches and water carriers to be pitchside during the game. Coaches should stay within the Technical area during the game. Doctors and medical staff are free to enter the field of play to deal with injuries at any time and they tend to have water with them. Water carriers are only permitted during a break in play, when the clock has been stopped. Teams do try to get water on whilst a penalty is being lined up which is against the rules.......the fourth official at pitchside is responsible for managing the movements people within the dugouts but it is a very difficult job when you have 20 people to watch over.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

If the water carriers were not permitted to enter without permission then the issue of getting in the line of kickers would not occur.