Gallagher Premiership Round 4

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Gallagher Premiership Round 4

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

I've seen that Wasps Physio's run blocking lines for the kick chasers...

I'm sorry how is this not a penalty or at least a free kick to Sale it interferes with play in favour of his team. Needs to be a consequence for this...

https://twitter.com/btsportrugby/status ... 22048?s=19
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:02 pm I've seen that Wasps Physio's run blocking lines for the kick chasers...

I'm sorry how is this not a penalty or at least a free kick to Sale it interferes with play in favour of his team. Needs to be a consequence for this...

https://twitter.com/btsportrugby/status ... 22048?s=19
Plus what's he running towards no players down and he's running to the far side of the pitch, they should have to get off at the closest touchline and make their way around the pitch.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

That physio deserves a good ticking off for that. Was pretty dodgy.

Thankfully Kibirige is ok after what looked a really nasty injury. Maybe he just didn't want to have to be asked how he failed to score the try.

https://mobile.twitter.com/d_jrobson/st ... gr%5Etweet
DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by DingDong »

Shambolic refereeing from CM-K, clearly Sale No2 put pressure on the Wasps player, and had he not been blocked the Wasps player would have to of run lateral delaying his pass. He was able to run diagonal forward with options only because of the blocking. Penalty at best, a retake of the restart at least, all with a warning to the Physios/waterboys about a repeat offence being more heavily sanctioned.

CM-K relied entirely on his AR's at the scrum, not a bad thing on one hand, but he didn't manage the scrums to improve them which is more important. Thankfully there are refs coming through like Makepeace who was his AR yesterday, as good as the Prem refs are, they need to be better than that performance from CM-K.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

What I didn't like was the glorification of the physio incident by the media afterwards, bad example to set in my opinion.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

Ian Cant wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:44 pm Simmons is a great player. His kicking has become better than Farrell or Ford and he runs, chips and passes intelligently.
I for one don’t begrudge any player caps for England if, like young Simmons they play consistently well for their club.
In fact Simmons plays a lot like Zac Henry but at the moment is more consistent than Zac.
Simmons is a great player. His kicking has become better than Farrell or Ford.............

Really? In club games................. a chasm between club and consistently high class performances in top tier Test matches. On that basis I don't understand how you can make that judgement.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Simmonds has a arm chair ride in front of a dominant pack. Whenever Chiefs rarely get matched he looks ordinary at times. Compare that with Quins Smith who stands out behind a pack that most of the time is under the cosh. Like Ford did when our pack was always under pressure that’s the mark of a good FH to me. The Simmonds pair love in bores me to tears when it comes to England talk
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I think Joe Simmonds should get his chance in an England environment, to see if he is really up to it, even though I concur with others that he is overrated.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni