Re: Danny Cipriani

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Can't say that I am surprised.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:50 pm Can't say that I am surprised.
where will he go this time?
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Be interesting to see who they have lined up to replace him.

Think if rumours of Adam Hastings is correct I would have thought they may be willing to take Hardwick if he wants out, given Hastings is currently out injured. Don't think there would be many 10's that clubs are looking to offload at this point in a season
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:57 pm Be interesting to see who they have lined up to replace him.

Think if rumours of Adam Hastings is correct I would have thought they may be willing to take Hardwick if he wants out, given Hastings is currently out injured. Don't think there would be many 10's that clubs are looking to offload at this point in a season
Apparently Hastings has turned down a new contract at Glasgow so it looking like he might be on his way to Kingsholm
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I think they're pretty happy with their current 10, is it Evans? 36 can play there too, and apparently they have a kid who is the bees knees.

Sounds like Hastings at the end of the season and perhaps someone as short term depth now, perhaps not. Hardwick straight away would make sense, but I'm not sure Glouc would want him on a long term deal right now.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Chobbsy wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:57 pm
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:50 pm Can't say that I am surprised.
where will he go this time?
France?
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

I am. I am not "in the know" about Glos so why is no-one surprised. Losing an international 10 at this point in the season can't be an easy decision. Prima donna? Not training? Not listening to the coaches? What?
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Old Hob wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:33 pm
I am. I am not "in the know" about Glos so why is no-one surprised. Losing an international 10 at this point in the season can't be an easy decision. Prima donna? Not training? Not listening to the coaches? What?
A friend of mine is quite well connected at Glaws and he mentioned to me a few days ago that he expected Cips to leave and that he had been a negative influence in the dressing room.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Will he go to France, can’t see him lasting that much longer before he hangs up his boots?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:41 pm
Old Hob wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:33 pm
A friend of mine is quite well connected at Glaws and he mentioned to me a few days ago that he expected Cips to leave and that he had been a negative influence in the dressing room.
From what I heard, he has to run the show, attack, calls, etc the whole 9 yards. Of course that's great when it's working but when it doesn't it causes problems. I think coupled with the comings and goings of the coaching staff etc he's lost interest, plus his personal life has taken some of his focus. I don't think he'll be short of offers.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/55293738
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/55320452
Add one to the other and wait for the stampede of kilt wearing feet descending south of Hadrian's wall.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

I think Gloucester will struggle even more than they have without him in the immediate future.

Long term clearly he was/is coming to the end of his career so they would have needed to move on anyhow.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

tigerburnie wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:58 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/55293738
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/55320452
Add one to the other and wait for the stampede of kilt wearing feet descending south of Hadrian's wall.
How many professional "Scottish" rugby players have ever worn a kilt? I'm sure most of them are born in other parts of the British Isles - or South Africa!

As for Cipriani... my money would be on USA. He'd fancy himself to be rugby union's answer to David Beckham. On the other hand, I understand one of the factors in his disappearance from the team and subsequent departure is mental health issues, so perhaps he's done with rugby.

I also imagined he had a popstar girlfriend and that would add to the American lure, but I googled him (word of advice, don't do that - I think it has cost me at least 5% of my braincells) and it turns out his fiancee/wife is a 39 year old grandmother and "mental health campaigner" (maybe that's why he now tells everyone he has mental health issues) who looks just like Katie Price (Cipriani's ex) and also used to date Katie Price's ex. :smt017 Sorry to share that with you, but I felt it was the only way to get it out of my head.

So, forget USA, I'm betting his next move is to release a music album or try to begin an acting career. Or just become a "celebrity" who used to be good at something.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Big Brother? :smt040
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!