World Cup 2023 Pool draw

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Re: World Cup 2023 Pool draw

Post by kk20gb30 »

As we have seen and experienced much can happen in a short space of time.Certainly of passing interest (for now) though.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

Timing is definitely odd, especially as they've changed the rules regarding when the cut off in rankings was done, so why not just change the rules for when the draw was done instead? Everyone saying its of interest now yet we can't discuss it really because so many things will change in 3 years :smt017

What's the chances that NZ won't be losing multiple games in a row in 2023.
Argentina looks like its domestic rugby is about to collapse and could have a big effect on the national team once all the player are spread out across European clubs again.

And Wales will probably be ranked 20th in 2023 :smt002
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

I think all the Pacific island teams will be loving that draw, as Samoa & Tonga will both like the look of getting that Group D Oceana spot though the loser likely gets to try and qualify vs Scotland/Ireland/South Africa. I can't seem them getting joy out of those teams.

Georgia will also be looking at the draw knowing they need Europe 1 (Group C) or if they get beaten Europe 2 (Group B) is going to be very hard to get change out of.

Italy probably are the most upset with that draw.

Scotland won't be happy but I think they have seen Ireland are a team they can overhaul in the next couple of years if things go well.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

yep - likely to add Samoa or Tonga and USA / Canada / Uruguay to that pot !!

Personally, drawing on my trip to Japan last year, I think its great to be mixing with Argentinian fans again as well as the people who hosted the best tournament so far.... bring it on !!
Less is more....
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Bunchy wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:36 pm yep - likely to add Samoa or Tonga and USA / Canada / Uruguay to that pot !!

Personally, drawing on my trip to Japan last year, I think its great to be mixing with Argentinian fans again as well as the people who hosted the best tournament so far.... bring it on !!
I didn't make it to Japan last year, but I remember the Pumas supporters being brilliant when they visited Leicester in 2015.
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

They were superb in Japan - proper rugby night......

Cant wait to see the Japanese fans too - they really embraced the RWC and so I hope they travel in numbers
Less is more....
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

westwinds31 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:19 pm The Pools are out for the 2023 World Cup - England look to have a reasonable group, Wales, Scotland and Ireland could come unstuck potentially.

Pool A
New Zealand
France
Italy
Americas qualifier
Africa qualifier

Pool B
South Africa
Ireland
Scotland
Asia/Pacific qualifier
Europe qualifier