Bayonne - next opponents

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Moose
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Bayonne - next opponents

Post by Moose »

Challenging 10 mins coming - if we can weather that and then kick on when we're back to full strength we should be ok.
peteD

Post by peteD »

We’ve looked good when in their half but sadly missing Fords boot to keep us there! Great defence but something had to give
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

He's reffing us and coaching them.

Hope we get through the early part of second half and turn it back on them, play smarter and give the ref no opportunity to be picky.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Key is how we play this first 8-10 with 13 men. Got to play in the right area.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Not been impressed with Heyes 25mins and White's tight 22 box kicks are poor.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Great effort so far. I too thought there were two knock ons and this ref, unlike last weeks isn’t telling the players what he wants at the breakdown!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I think White has been told to box kick to compete and in some parts we were doing that well. Second yellow is fair enough but the first one is pretty stupid on the ref’s part, penalty every day of the week but it’s not cynical at all.

Defence impressive though, we seem to clinical, Bayonne are not.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

It’s a pet hate of mine when a player (like Heyes when he got carded) attempted to make a turnover and didn’t change his behaviour because he thought he was legal and the ref didn’t say anything until the whistle was blown, just irritates me when officials do that.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Damage limitation is the key for the first minutes of the second half, but the Bayonne pack have the upper hand and I fear Tigers’ll be in for a tough time. As an aside, former Tiger Benjamin Kayser is one of the commentators for France 4!
Semper in excretia
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

JP14 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:59 pm I think White has been told to box kick to compete and in some parts we were doing that well. Second yellow is fair enough but the first one is pretty stupid on the ref’s part, penalty every day of the week but it’s not cynical at all.

I think the first yellow card was more an accumulation after he'd just told us to watch the penalties - when the scuffle broke out (they took Cole out following a Maul penalty I think) and he simply told Bayonne if they do it again, he'll reverse the penalty.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:02 pm
JP14 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:59 pm I think White has been told to box kick to compete and in some parts we were doing that well. Second yellow is fair enough but the first one is pretty stupid on the ref’s part, penalty every day of the week but it’s not cynical at all.

I think the first yellow card was more an accumulation after he'd just told us to watch the penalties - when the scuffle broke out (they took Cole out following a Maul penalty I think) and he simply told Bayonne if they do it again, he'll reverse the penalty.
A decent referee would have reversed the penalty not just told them ‘next time’. But then a decent referee would have spotted the knock ons just before Heyes yellow card.. :smt012
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

On a positive note, impressed with Murimurivalu. Assured in defence and quick to attack. Our Full Back position is now a bag of riches.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

aslongaswebeatsaints wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:06 pm On a positive note, impressed with Murimurivalu. Assured in defence and quick to attack. Our Full Back position is now a bag of riches.
Yep agreed :smt023
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Moose
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Moose »

Good opening phases in the 2nd half - running the clock down and getting a chance for 3.
Moose
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Moose »

Also, the french commentary team seem to have disappeared from the stream.