Bayonne - next opponents

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Bayonne - next opponents

Post by JP14 »

Moose wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:04 pm And to cap it all, Zach Henry giving a MoTM interview in fluent French. What a lad!
I would love to do what he did, always been a fan of the French culture and language, unfortunately because of A Levels taking priority I have lost a lot of the French I learned at GCSE, therefore to go to France to play rugby and pick the language back up would be great!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Great to see Whitecombe get his debut, looks a lot leaner than from what I saw of him training on matchdays last year.
Snoopydog68
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Snoopydog68 »

Fantastic result - showed grit and determination. The depth in squad that Tigers have now is incredible. Selection must be so difficult for Borthwick. If we get injuries as least we know the rest of the squad can step up. Onwards to Newcastle!! :smt041 :smt114
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

JP14 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:57 am
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:57 pm JVP you lucky lucky lucky boy...
The flyhalf was miles offside, doesn’t matter really and I’m not sure what else JVP could have done.
Don't get me wrong I am very happy with the outcome but he took way longer than the allowed 5s and given how hit and miss the ref was I could see him getting pinged for taking too long trying to run 10s off the clock. He played very well though don't worry JvP14.. I wasn't having a dig :smt002 :smt023
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:35 am
JP14 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:57 am
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:57 pm JVP you lucky lucky lucky boy...
The flyhalf was miles offside, doesn’t matter really and I’m not sure what else JVP could have done.
Don't get me wrong I am very happy with the outcome but he took way longer than the allowed 5s and given how hit and miss the ref was I could see him getting pinged for taking too long trying to run 10s off the clock. He played very well though don't worry JvP14.. I wasn't having a dig :smt002 :smt023
Yes he pushed his luck, but unfortunately 99/100 times ref will not ping you for it anymore.

Ahaha very good :smt038, but my username is a reference to JP Pietersen who played at 14 for us the year I first joined the forum as well as working in with my own initials.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Very impressive win given the statistics: 33% possession, 25% territory, 15 penalties conceded and 3 yellow cards. Well done!
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Leaving a bad taste - for the second time this year - Jordan Taufua returns home to find he's been burgled. Pity the scumbags don't turn up when he's home!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

strawclearer wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:30 pm Leaving a bad taste - for the second time this year - Jordan Taufua returns home to find he's been burgled. Pity the scumbags don't turn up when he's home!
This is terrible. JT posted this on Twitter..

"Just got home from France and house been broken into. Second time it's happened this year... I won't go into detail but whoever you are I hope you try while I'm home so I can re arrange your face. B**** "
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:39 pm
strawclearer wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:30 pm Leaving a bad taste - for the second time this year - Jordan Taufua returns home to find he's been burgled. Pity the scumbags don't turn up when he's home!
This is terrible. JT posted this on Twitter..

"Just got home from France and house been broken into. Second time it's happened this year... I won't go into detail but whoever you are I hope you try while I'm home so I can re arrange your face. B**** "
Shocking

Can I suggest if they find the perpetrators the police should give them community service. I have the perfect thing... Assist with Tigers tackling practice for a few weeks, would save o wear of tackle bags too... Would love to see JT, Wiese, Nadolo etc smashing them.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Or better yet when Nems and Kini are round for a cup of tea. Maybe it's time he moves to a different neighborhood, I'm sure the club will help settle into somewhere nice where he can settle for the next few years.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Its hardly going to help getting him to stay....do you think if he caught them it would be like the infamous burglary at Duncan Ferguson's house?
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Old Hob wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:14 pm Very impressive win given the statistics: 33% possession, 25% territory, 15 penalties conceded and 3 yellow cards. Well done!
Always a good sign to be able to win games that statistically you should probably lose. Clearly a lot to do if we want to keep winning though - you aren't going to win many games with 25% territory and 3 yellow cards!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

So sorry to hear JT has been burgled, must have really taken shine off his superb performance in France, trouble is if you have been burgled once, very high % that they will come back again. Tigers please find him a safe home, the best, we want to keep him and if you did i'm sure it would help. I know a nice 5 bedroom house that has just become empty but I think it is rather expensive.
happywomble

Post by happywomble »

LE18 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:53 pm So sorry to hear JT has been burgled, must have really taken shine off his superb performance in France, trouble is if you have been burgled once, very high % that they will come back again. Tigers please find him a safe home, the best, we want to keep him and if you did i'm sure it would help. I know a nice 5 bedroom house that has just become empty but I think it is rather expensive.
JT, move to near Nemani lives, its just round the corner from us and we work from home so will keep an eye on the place for you during games so you can stay at Tigers! :smt018 :smt018 :smt018
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I don't know where JT lives but what I am certain of that there will be Tigers fans who live close by who could keep an eye out for him when he is away with Tigers. Let's hope our police do the same and they catch the scumbags involved. Not interested in how old they are, ethnicity, or their history, lock them up and take their property from them to the value of what they have taken.
Hehehehehehehehe