Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Re: Bayonne - next opponents

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:09 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:07 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:04 pm Winning becomes a habit. The squad is coming together ,roll on Newcastle. Some tough decisions for Borths.
One of the easy ones will be picking a 7 in the 7 shirt hopefully...
Yes we have to play a 7,I sort of understood it v Chiefs because of the way they play but against Newcastle we have to play one.
We need start picking a team for us, not the opposition.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

That was not the team I wished for but my, what a squad we have,! It's many a day since I have seen so much determination from a tigers team, playing away in France, they really played for each other, down to 13 and fought like mad. Well done boys 4 points away really puts us in a good place, hope we don't get a Covid call off! Most posters have mentioned the individuals, Taufua was my MOTM, but it goes to prove Henry is much better than some early posters mentioned in earlier matches, I expect Bonilla to come good also.
Happy Christmas, well as best you can, is Boxing Day match on box? :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt041
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

LE18 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:39 pm That was not the team I wished for but my, what a squad we have,! It's many a day since I have seen so much determination from a tigers team, playing away in France, they really played for each other, down to 13 and fought like mad. Well done boys 4 points away really puts us in a good place, hope we don't get a Covid call off! Most posters have mentioned the individuals, Taufua was my MOTM, but it goes to prove Henry is much better than some early posters mentioned in earlier matches, I expect Bonilla to come good also.
Happy Christmas, well as best you can, is Boxing Day match on box?
Merry Christmas to you too! :smt114

Yes it’s on BT Sport :smt023
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:45 pm
LE18 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:39 pm That was not the team I wished for but my, what a squad we have,! It's many a day since I have seen so much determination from a tigers team, playing away in France, they really played for each other, down to 13 and fought like mad. Well done boys 4 points away really puts us in a good place, hope we don't get a Covid call off! Most posters have mentioned the individuals, Taufua was my MOTM, but it goes to prove Henry is much better than some early posters mentioned in earlier matches, I expect Bonilla to come good also.

:smt023
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

LE18 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:47 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:45 pm

:smt023
BT Sport Extra 3
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Given we effectively had 3 yellow cards in the second half (first 2 still had 7 or 8 min left when we restarted) we won it 11-7. Think that highlights just how impressive our defense was tonight :smt027
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

How long has it been since we could say we won a game in spite of sir's best efforts? Let alone away, let alone in France? And, and we kept the LBP from them! Some things still to work on but the most positive I've been post match in a while, just need to keep it up!
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

A win away in France, with a second team and an inconsistent ref. Great result. Boys deserve a beer tonight the commitment shown was exemplary and that Tigers spirit will be required this season.

Brink off the back of the scrums, I liked that he made good yards. Chessum looks like another Harry Wells, mobile, aggressive and not afraid of hard graft. Like him. Whitcombe looks a big lad and great to see him make his debut. Hopefully the first of many games for him.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

teds wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:20 pm
Robespierre wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:10 pm
Moose wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:04 pm And to cap it all, Zach Henry giving a MoTM interview in fluent French. What a lad!
Indeed! I can’t recall any other English players’ post match interviews in French in all the time I’ve been here!
Flood and Wilkinson both come to mind.
Yes, of course! Think I need more of those memory pills!
Semper in excretia
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Robespierre wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:42 am
teds wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:20 pm
Robespierre wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:10 pm

Indeed! I can’t recall any other English players’ post match interviews in French in all the time I’ve been here!
Flood and Wilkinson both come to mind.
Yes, of course! Think I need more of those memory pills!
Richard Cockerill was pretty handy at French as well. His interview after joining Toulon is particularly funny especially the look on Ford Snr's face who's grasp on the language was clearly pretty basic.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Any away win is noteworthy , and winning does indeed become habitual.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Well done to the entire Tigers squad and coaches. Hard to go away and get a "W" these days.
The shoots of growth are taking well. The depth of squad is unthinkable. The game against Falcons is going to be immense.
Lets put a marker down and get a "w" against a strong Falcons outfit. Stop the Faff playing his usual controlling game.

Merry Christmas to all :smt114 :smt111
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Although the ref was by no means top class, I realise now that I noticed less of him because we, realistically, took his poor decision making out of the equation!
By sticking to the plan it proves winning in adversity is possible. :smt023
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:30 pm Is it me or has Chessum been everywhere in defence? and he really seems to fling his body to get to a tackle
He was my MOTM, his last ditch tackle in the first half stopped a certain try.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:57 pm JVP you lucky lucky lucky boy...
The flyhalf was miles offside, doesn’t matter really and I’m not sure what else JVP could have done.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni