Better without a TMO?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Better without a TMO?

Post by Scott1 »

Don’t know why people can’t just give the ref props for having a good game! Doesn’t need a post mortem about it
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

The TMO is not going away. Just limit their involvement to player safety, and speak when spoken to. :smt013
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

A couple of points I would like to make - I believe that the TMO should only go back 2 phases if that is correct and they follow their own laws, the game would flow much better. Foul play is a citing officer's remit at a later stage. Yes, there will be errors on both sides but unless we have bent refs will equalize over the season.

I watched the game via the ECPR site but there was no ref mike coming through on mine - what did I do wrong as many are commenting about what he was saying
Hehehehehehehehe
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

The TMO should be looking for Foul play not technical offenses during play & only interject on those matters, or if requested by the Ref on a specific issue.
What the TMO could say in a break of play could be watch Team "A" offside at breakdowns, on field team then all aware, Sir could pass that on to Team A skipper, might mean they take a step.
What really grates is incidents such as in the Chiefs game where the 3 on field officials & the TMO missed a Red card offense, that really is something the TMO shouldn't miss, would it do changed the result, I think in this case we mainly all agree probably not, but they might not of scored a BP & we might of got one (even if our performance didn't really warrant one)
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

trendylfj wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:22 am
I watched the game via the ECPR site but there was no ref mike coming through on mine - what did I do wrong as many are commenting about what he was saying
I don't think there was a ref mike - it was just picked up by the effects mikes
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina