Diamond leaves Sale! - Alex Sanderson takes over!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Noggs
Super User
Super User

Re: Diamond leaves Sale! - Alex Sanderson takes over!

Post by Noggs »

My only question is just how much did he know about the cheating going on a Sarries?I guess we will never know so for now he has the benefit of the doubt.

Hope the existing coaching team get to stay.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Big Jim is expecting big things from Sanderson and praised his work at Sarries, but then again didn’t Moody or maybe Leon Lloyd call Murphy a great coach? It could go either way for Sanderson at Sale but it’s going to be interesting to see how it goes.

I wasn’t as aware that Sanderson played for Sharks in the early 2000s, had I known that beforehand I probably wouldn’t have been so skeptical at first when I first heard the rumours.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

JP14 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:30 pm Big Jim is expecting big things from Sanderson and praised his work at Sarries, but then again didn’t Moody or maybe Leon Lloyd call Murphy a great coach? It could go either way for Sanderson at Sale but it’s going to be interesting to see how it goes.

I wasn’t as aware that Sanderson played for Sharks in the early 2000s, had I known that beforehand I probably wouldn’t have been so skeptical at first when I first heard the rumours.
He and his brother both played there. Both good club players but not really up to international class if I recall. That said, ability as a player has surprisingly little to do with ability as a coach and even less to do with ability as a director of rugby.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Sarries promote from within to fill the roles left vacent by Alex Sandersdon :

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/saracens ... exit-shaw/
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

teds wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:09 pm
JP14 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:30 pm Big Jim is expecting big things from Sanderson and praised his work at Sarries, but then again didn’t Moody or maybe Leon Lloyd call Murphy a great coach? It could go either way for Sanderson at Sale but it’s going to be interesting to see how it goes.

He and his brother both played there. Both good club players but not really up to international class if I recall. That said, ability as a player has surprisingly little to do with ability as a coach and even less to do with ability as a director of rugby.
Very true.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Noggs wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:42 pm My only question is just how much did he know about the cheating going on a Sarries?I guess we will never know so for now he has the benefit of the doubt.

Give it a rest with the cheating thing. Sarries got what they deserved, demotion and a record breaking fine. I also doubt a coach was privy to the financial dealings of the club and the chairman.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:15 am
Noggs wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:42 pm My only question is just how much did he know about the cheating going on a Sarries?I guess we will never know so for now he has the benefit of the doubt.

Give it a rest with the cheating thing. Sarries got what they deserved, demotion and a record breaking fine. I also doubt a coach was privy to the financial dealings of the club and the chairman.
When the world and his dog were all questioning how they could afford the players they had and still stay within the cap it's hard to believe that the coaching team did not have the same questions or knew exactly what was going on. I accept the club has been punished but it does not remove such questions.

As I said, without proof otherwise he will get the benefit of the doubt which I am happy with but it doesn't make the question go away.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Noggs wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:03 am

When the world and his dog were all questioning how they could afford the players they had and still stay within the cap it's hard to believe that the coaching team did not have the same questions or knew exactly what was going on. I accept the club has been punished but it does not remove such questions.

As I said, without proof otherwise he will get the benefit of the doubt which I am happy with but it doesn't make the question go away.
You can keep asking the question, but you're unlikely to ever get a better answer than the one above, so you're probably wasting your time.

At some point you need to move on, no?
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Noggs wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:03 am

He's also chosen to leave and end a 15 year association with Sarries. Perhaps he trusted the club were doing the right thing and it didn't sit right with him that they weren't. Ergo he's moved on at the first opportunity. Either way I think a line has to be drawn under the sorry affair. Sarries are going to continue to suffer for a few more months yet.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Wish him well in his new role ; comes across well and seems to have a genuine enthusiasm for the game as a whole and what he does.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....