Tigers vs Brive

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Re: Tigers vs Brive

Post by Tigerbeat »

Bunchy wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:22 am I cant imagine the Fijians will be available will they? - wont they have to go through self isolation having been in France?
Match played on Saturday was at Murrayfield so they should be available.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Nadolo and Murimurivalu are available for the weekend. Im sure the Genge, Youngs and Ford are not. Pretty sure I read somewhere that as part of reducing the England appearance fee and the EPS deal they were given additional time off hence the story about EPS players missing something like the first 8 rounds or something daft like that.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Let's hope it's not a repeat fixture of the last time we played Brive, this was way before my time but weren't we massive favourites going into the '97 final?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

JP14 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:56 am Let's hope it's not a repeat fixture of the last time we played Brive, this was way before my time but weren't we massive favourites going into the '97 final?
Tigers were favourites, although maybe not massive favourites, and were well beaten by a more than lively Brive team.
That day rests in my memory, albeit a bit vague, having gone to Cardiff on a chartered train packed with Tigers supporters and no shortage of beer. I believe we took the train to come home, but that part of the memory seems to have been erased!!
Semper in excretia
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Robespierre wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:46 pm
ourla wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:36 pm Brive have a pretty poor record in the Top 14 this season - beat bottom club Agen in a low scoring game latest. Do they have any intenationals?
The only full international name that I recognise is the infamous Stuart Olding who had a handful of Irish caps a few years ago.
There's also former Saracen and England U20 prop Haydn Thompson-Stringer in their ranks and former Exeter Chiefs' 2nd row Mitch Lees.

Brive are second bottom and if Tigers field a strong side, there should only be one result. ( a win for Tigers, in case there are any doubters!!)
Yes, I spotted Mitch Lees, the ex-Chiefs lock in there. Interesting that their Head Coach is Jeremy Davidson, the ex-Ireland second row. The squad seems to have the usual smattering of French, Georgian, South African and South Sea Islanders.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

JP14 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:56 am Let's hope it's not a repeat fixture of the last time we played Brive, this was way before my time but weren't we massive favourites going into the '97 final?
I was sat not far behind our recently signed star Fly Half who didn't think much of what he was watching from his new team...we were lucky to come 2nd...
One of the best things if the day was as you entered the Arms Park the notice saying anyone letting of flares etc will be ejected/arrested....game barely underway Brive fan let's off a massive flare....
Watching the obvious end of the era amateur team was disappointing, my only visit to the old Arms Park, even with a small crowd so much better than Twickers & the Millennium is on a different planet (Tigers v Munster was an amazing day out).
To win is not as important as playing with style!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:00 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:56 pm Does anyone know if this will be shown on TV or online? Can't see it on any TV listings as it looks like BT have opted for the Newcastle game. Perhaps the EPC Rugby website will be showing a handful of games like they did last year? :smt017
Ok so it looks like it might be streamed on the EPC Rugby website if anyone is interested in watching the game.

https://www.epcrugby.com/video/leiceste ... s-v-brive/

Enjoy :smt023
So it appears that link no longer works. No sure why. Perhaps it's because it won't be active until Fri night or perhaps they are starting to do a pay per view on EPCR this year.

Last year the details were like this:

https://www.epcrugby.com/2019/11/15/fre ... n-epcr-tv/

This year it says the match will be on EPCR TV (online stream) but talks about payment:

https://epcrugby.tv

Not sure.. anyone know anymore about it?
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:38 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:00 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:56 pm Does anyone know if this will be shown on TV or online? Can't see it on any TV listings as it looks like BT have opted for the Newcastle game. Perhaps the EPC Rugby website will be showing a handful of games like they did last year? :smt017
Ok so it looks like it might be streamed on the EPC Rugby website if anyone is interested in watching the game.

https://www.epcrugby.com/video/leiceste ... s-v-brive/

Enjoy :smt023
So it appears that link no longer works. No sure why. Perhaps it's because it won't be active until Fri night or perhaps they are starting to do a pay per view on EPCR this year.

Last year the details were like this:

https://www.epcrugby.com/2019/11/15/fre ... n-epcr-tv/

This year it says the match will be on EPCR TV (online stream) but talks about payment:

https://epcrugby.tv

Not sure.. anyone know anymore about it?
Answered my own question! They have just posted this:

https://www.epcrugby.com/2020/12/08/liv ... -cup-ties/

In short.. Tigers Brive will be streamed on EPCR website live and for free :smt023
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

It was dire. We turned up for a training run and Brive turned up to win. From where I was it seemed we couldn't shake off the lethargy.

We were a lot better 3 years later!!
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Old Hob wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:58 pm
It was dire. We turned up for a training run and Brive turned up to win. From where I was it seemed we couldn't shake off the lethargy.

We were a lot better 3 years later!!
Basically having beaten Toulouse 37 - 11 in the semis we thought that the relatively unknown Brive would be straightforward to beat. We were undone by 4 fabulous tries from their back three Carrat, Viars and Fabre.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

Tigerbeat wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:33 am
Bunchy wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:22 am I cant imagine the Fijians will be available will they? - wont they have to go through self isolation having been in France?
Match played on Saturday was at Murrayfield so they should be available.
Depends when they got to Scotland from France - or does it apply to sportsmen? not sure to be honest
Less is more....
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

I feel we need to put the strongest team possible out, set down a marker
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Looks like Wigglesworth to miss both European games because of Covid breaches when training for the barbarians.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:05 pm Looks like Wigglesworth to miss both European games because of Covid breaches when training for the barbarians.
If he is off for 4 weeks and Ben is also sidelined because of Eng rules, then we are thin on the ground at SH for some time, White and VP, with Simmons as backup?
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

White performed quite well in last year's tournament therefore I have full faith in him starting at 9 with Simmons or JVP on the bench.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni