Tigers vs Brive

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Brive

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:04 pm If Genge, Ford or B Youngs are not used from the bench, would that be included as a rest week?
I think it's that elite players are limited to 30 lots of 80 minutes or 35 involvements in a matchday squad, whichever comes sooner. Given they will be unavailable for Tigers for much of the season I'm not sure which would come first but clearly warming the bench will still count towards their total. Don't want to find that they are unavailable for the final at Twickenham! :smt002
Last edited by OakhamTiger32 on Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Yes, on paper this looks good, but I’m not expecting a full flowing demolition of Brive. A lot of our backline have only played with each other a handful of times and it can take a while to get, so I’m not expecting miracles. Who is running the attack ....the cleaner ? I want to see more from White.
DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by DingDong »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:03 pm Very happy with that.
Will give us a proper look at Bonilla as well with some fellow Argentines.
Against a weak side? I personally don't think so. I'm glad he's got a start to build his confidence, but the real test will be in a full squad against a full squad of calibre, that pressure will give us a proper look. And BTW I hope he does go well despite two very poor performances.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

DingDong wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:02 pm
Against a weak side? I personally don't think so. I'm glad he's got a start to build his confidence, but the real test will be in a full squad against a full squad of calibre, that pressure will give us a proper look. And BTW I hope he does go well despite two very poor performances.
He's rusty after a bit of time out and has made a couple of high pressure, off the bench appearances in a key position in a new team/league. It's not really surprising he's taking time to find his feet so I think it will give us a good look at him. His game management and his kicking out of hand and off the tee. Yes it's not Premiership quality opposition but I think we will get a good look at him nonetheless.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Referee is a Georgian. I don't know if that will make a difference but perhaps more used to the French game?
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by DingDong »

:smt023
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:06 pm
DingDong wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:02 pm
He's rusty after a bit of time out and has made a couple of high pressure, off the bench appearances in a key position in a new team/league. It's not really surprising he's taking time to find his feet so I think it will give us a good look at him. His game management and his kicking out of hand and off the tee. Yes it's not Premiership quality opposition but I think we will get a good look at him nonetheless.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

The ref is Nika Amashukeli, who reffed a U20s Six Nations match between England and Italy in 2019. Should be interesting to see how he goes.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

JP14 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:40 am The ref is Nika Amashukeli, who reffed a U20s Six Nations match between England and Italy in 2019. Should be interesting to see how he goes.
Didn’t he referee one of our challenge cup games last year? I think it was a home one, against Pau maybe - I could be imagining this though so don’t take it as gospel!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

RunTigerRun wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:49 am
JP14 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:40 am The ref is Nika Amashukeli, who reffed a U20s Six Nations match between England and Italy in 2019. Should be interesting to see how he goes.
Didn’t he referee one of our challenge cup games last year? I think it was a home one, against Pau maybe - I could be imagining this though so don’t take it as gospel!
Correct.....he reffed the 41-20 win against Pau.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

Tigerbeat wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:57 am
Thanks! Glad to know I’ve not gone crazy and imagining things quite yet!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

westwinds31 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:14 pm Yes, on paper this looks good, but I’m not expecting a full flowing demolition of Brive. A lot of our backline have only played with each other a handful of times and it can take a while to get, so I’m not expecting miracles. Who is running the attack ....the cleaner ? I want to see more from White.
Matt Smith is running the attack assisted by Bonilla and Wigglesworth (unofficially). I'm sure Benny and Ford will also have had some input, if we've got four senior international playmakers we might as well use what they know.

White has looked ok so far but his appearances have been very limited. Want to see him come on and boss things today.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Ahh, unfortunately I missed that game as I had to hold the tackle bags for the Colts team so was unaware that Tigers have been reffed by him before.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

JP14 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:59 am

Ahh, unfortunately I missed that game as I had to hold the tackle bags for the Colts team so was unaware that Tigers have been reffed by him before.
I only remember as I was listening on BBCRLSport and hearing Bleddyn pronounce it stuck in my mind!
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:02 pm 15 Freddie Steward

14 Kini Murimurivalu

13 Matias Moroni

12 Matt Scott

11 Nemani Nadolo

10 Joaquín Díaz Bonilla

9 Ben White

1 Nephi Leatigaga

2 Tom Youngs (c)

3 Joe Heyes

4 Harry Wells

5 Tomas Lavanini

6 Hanro Liebenberg

7 Jordan Taufua

8 Jasper Wiese

Replacements

16 Charlie Clare

17 Ellis Genge

18 Luan De Bruin

19 Calum Green

20 Cyle Brink

21 Ben Youngs

22 George Ford

23 Guy Porter
Is Dan Cole injured or just being given a rest?
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Chobbsy wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:23 pm Is Dan Cole injured or just being given a rest?
Probably being rested, along with Mat Tait :smt023