Tigers vs Brive

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Richardfje

Re: Tigers vs Brive

Post by Richardfje »

Interestingly, on the Good, the Bad and the Rugby pod gengey’s just said he’s available for Brive and wants to play. If Borthwick decides the play him, Lenny and Fordy then it’s up to him but they seem to be available as Gengey said they were in training on Tuesday...
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

After the disappointment of the last two games, this match is an ideal opportunity to get the Tigers’ wagon back on the rails. Brive, like Tigers, are going through a difficult period and are in the relegation zone. However, they are not without good players, and will surely be concentrating on climbing up the Top14 table, so I’d be amazed if there’ll be sending a full-strength team to Welford Rd. A convincing bonus point victory is imperative! Allez les tigres!
Semper in excretia
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

For once I’m not really bothered about this competition as the Premiership has to be the priority!
I’d rest the internationals then put them out v Bayonne to get rid of any rustiness in Tigers’ colours in preparation for Newcastle, Bath and SAINTS to target 3 league wins!
As for the Sarries’ friendly, we may have to pull out due to a lack of fit players in certain positions!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

At this point in the season we need to be competing in both the European and Premiership. Both carry silverware and an entry into the Champions Cup.....too early to prioritise one competition.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Sounds controversial but if our internationals players games are limited there’s no chance Id waste them on any of these European games,prem games have definitely got to take more importance!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

I am not sure how many players we can have in the Tigers squad but EPCR show all 62 players and Charlie Clare looks very similar to Jaco Taute!! :smt017 I remember we were restricted on numbers in the Champions competition.
https://www.epcrugby.com/club/leicester-tigers/#players
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Obviously any possible player restrictions have to taken into account but where we can we must prepare on field for the challenges that lay ahead in the Premiership.A strong side ,with the inclusion of players and partnerships that will represent in the weeks following European competition.Silverware is at stake in Europe , yes...but here and now ,until notified otherwise so is Premiership survival and to me this is primary.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

wormus wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:09 am I am not sure how many players we can have in the Tigers squad but EPCR show all 62 players and Charlie Clare looks very similar to Jaco Taute!! :smt017 I remember we were restricted on numbers in the Champions competition.
https://www.epcrugby.com/club/leicester-tigers/#players
Everyone except Moroni is included by the looks of it. Still no word from the club on him in training - although that’s unlikely given Borthwick’s stance in talking about individual players.
Richardfje

Post by Richardfje »

Just checked on the epcr website and it doesn’t say that our round 1 match will be available to watch live but it does say it now is the tigers website anyone know if it’ll appear nearer the time or will I have to buy the £8.99 weekend pass?
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:22 pm Sounds controversial but if our internationals players games are limited there’s no chance Id waste them on any of these European games,prem games have definitely got to take more importance!
Home games should never be written off. Need a fortress mentality at WR. Away from home then send the kids and the fringe players for experience.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Too early in the season to be writing off competitions......no need for panic at this moment in time.....Challenge Cup is a competition that Tigers should be aiming to win at this stage. If all goes wrong, fail to qualify or fighting relegation, then change your focus.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:53 am Too early in the season to be writing off competitions......no need for panic at this moment in time.....Challenge Cup is a competition that Tigers should be aiming to win at this stage. If all goes wrong, fail to qualify or fighting relegation, then change your focus.
You can’t change your focus though if you’ve run out of allotted games for your international players. I understand people’s thoughts and agree to an extent but premiership survival until we get a definitive answer on ringfencing has to be the absolute priority!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Richardfje wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:11 am Just checked on the epcr website and it doesn’t say that our round 1 match will be available to watch live but it does say it now is the tigers website anyone know if it’ll appear nearer the time or will I have to buy the £8.99 weekend pass?
This article posted on 8th December, although you may want to avoid it as it contains a large picture of a certain LI fly half. I've copied the main text below:

https://www.epcrugby.com/2020/12/08/li ... -cup-ties/

Two Round 1 European Rugby Challenge Cup ties will be streamed live and for free this weekend through the official tournament website.

The first is Leicester Tigers’ home game against Brive at Welford Road, which kicks off at 19:45 British and Irish time on December 11.

The second is Agen’s home match with London Irish at Stade Armandie, which begins at 14:00 British and Irish time on December 12.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Great team on paper!
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:01 pm Great team on paper!
Agreed