Saracens v Leicester Tigers XV 12th December 2020

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Saracens v Leicester Tigers XV 12th December 2020

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

teds wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:04 pm To be fair to the Saracens, Production was really good. Cameras pointed at the action, quick replays.
The commentary was ok, though I hadn’t fully appreciated what a one-eyed whinger Lewington was.
I kinda get that as it was just for people registered to the Sarries fan club too
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Snoopydog68
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Snoopydog68 »

Started off well. Pleased to see Lewis get a good 20 minutes, made some good tackles and as I have said before very quick to get back up after each one. Olowofela didn't get much time to prove his haters wrong. Should have made some replacements a bit earlier I feel as they did seem to lose momentum in the last 25 minutes of the game. But still think the defence is much improved, I feel this time last year that may have been a real hammering.

SAR had a fantastic game, first one back from his injury and didn't seem to be blowing too much.

Like what Kerr brought to the game as well.

Onwards and upwards. I do think the future is bright for Tigers. We've just got to be patient. :smt002 :smt002
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Good , meaningful experience and gametime. Whatever the nature of the training regime a competitive match cannot be duplicated.
Going back a few years , I know, but The Club certainly benefited from 'The Extras' regularly taking the field.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
TA30
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by TA30 »

Was a good even match up in the main and we have a lot of reasons to be positive about the youngsters. The game turned on some interpretations of our attacking maul, our weakness at prop and some moments of brilliance by their 9 in the last 20mins.

As others said biggest takeaway was where Hardwick, Jordan and Lewis sit in the pecking order. Had hoped Wallace would have been more prominent but sounds like from his insta that covid took his lungs away a bit.