McGinity off

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: McGinity off

Post by wellstiger »

Well we might survive the financial hit. But will the patient recover to the levels expected.
I cannot see top quality players nor staff wishing to commit to an organisation that has a revolving door approach.
Unless short term contracts (season to season ) becomes the norm.
Hey we can blame COVID but this club of mine and yours has been failing for a long time now. Not only on the field but at organisation level.
We have been fed false hope of a return to the top,a snazzy branding and blinded by a new coaching set up, and just like the building of Jerico the walls are a tumbling down.
I am severely losing faith. I have been a fan of this club for over45 yrs. Beginning of 2021 I see departures of players.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Perhaps the advent of ring fencing is upon us, and the security it brings means the urgency of good recruitment eases?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

To say the least this decision seems peculiar , we simply do not know or appreciate what does on behind the scenes - the seemingly many machinations....
For those expressing a desire for LTTV to explain the situation please , lets not kid ourselves - we will be given what The Club want us to be given.There is a possible clue in the 'Leicester Tigers' element of Leicester Tigers TeleVision'....
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

kk20gb30 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:06 am To say the least this decision seems peculiar , we simply do not know or appreciate what does on behind the scenes - the seemingly many machinations....
For those expressing a desire for LTTV to explain the situation please , lets not kid ourselves - we will be given what The Club want us to be given.There is a possible clue in the 'Leicester Tigers' element of Leicester Tigers TeleVision'....
Yes, but the point is the desire to see how they justify the decison and how they believe the role is to be filled....

Must admit I woke up this morning and thought I'd dreamt it all. Sadly not.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

I've worked out the master plan. The much vaugnted "strategy"

We got rid of GM in the week before the Glaws game and won.

We DIDN'T get rid of anyone the week before the Exiles game and we lost.

So the an is clearly to get rid of a senior member of staff in the week before a game as it will ensure results on the pitch........... What, it doesn't work that way?!?!
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

"Were doomed I say..... Doomed"
" Don't panic Mr Mainwaring. Don't panic"
"They don't like it up em"
"Don't tell him Pike"
"Stupid boy"

Just to quote the other Dads army :smt005
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:33 am I've worked out the master plan. The much vaugnted "strategy"

We got rid of GM in the week before the Glaws game and won.

We DIDN'T get rid of anyone the week before the Exiles game and we lost.

So the an is clearly to get rid of a senior member of staff in the week before a game as it will ensure results on the pitch........... What, it doesn't work that way?!?!
Or could it be that the off-field situation(s) have affected players and their mind set and performance against LI
I'm not cynical just experienced
BrightonTiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by BrightonTiger »

Does anybody know first hand that McGinity was doing such an amazing job???

Agreed our recruitment has improved but it couldn't have got any worse.. ..

Steve Borthwick previous role was to watch hours and hours of international club rugby to study Englands opposition players.

Taufua, Liebenberg and brink weren't exactly hidden gems to anyone who watched Super Rugby.
Scott fell into our lap because Edinburgh didn't want him.
Letiganga we signed ages ago.
Luke Wallace played for Coventry and trained with us.
Freddie Steward and Reffell came from our academy.

I'm sure agents will still approach Tigers with offers of players
BrightonTiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by BrightonTiger »

Also Ellis Genge, Ford and Ben Young all said that working with Borthwick was a major factor in resigning and I'm pretty sure Wigglesworth signed because of Borthwick and not Mcginity!!!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

BrightonTiger wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:08 am Also Ellis Genge, Ford and Ben Young all said that working with Borthwick was a major factor in resigning and I'm pretty sure Wigglesworth signed because of Borthwick and not Mcginity!!!
You can see a fish in the water, but you still have to catch it.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
BrightonTiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by BrightonTiger »

jgriffin wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:10 am
BrightonTiger wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:08 am Also Ellis Genge, Ford and Ben Young all said that working with Borthwick was a major factor in resigning and I'm pretty sure Wigglesworth signed because of Borthwick and not Mcginity!!!
You can see a fish in the water, but you still have to catch it.
Who better to sell a clubs vision than the head coach.

Ellis Genge complained recently that rugby contracts were far to standard with no flexibility

So it just comes down to cost, can we afford them or not.....
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

kk20gb30 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:06 am To say the least this decision seems peculiar , we simply do not know or appreciate what does on behind the scenes - the seemingly many machinations....
LTTV is the mouthpiece of Tigers and as with any such media it has to be adjudged accordingly
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:24 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:21 pm
Tiglon wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:17 pm If money was the issue, I reckon they could have found enough Tigers supporters willing to chip in a fiver each and cover his salary for the year.

We employed McGinity, recruitment improved by approximately one million percent. Then we sacked him :smt017

Anyone got any advice for a rugby fan on the lookout for a new club to support? Asking for a friend...
Perhaps we might have to form a new club?
Still at least we aren't a bunch of cheats from North London...

Is Bondi back in the UK or is he another to get the P45?
I believe still in Aus.
Although I'm expecting a statement saying Borthwick will handle communications now.
I worry that might be the case and hope that the likes of Gary Sherrard & Chris Rose whose long service to Tigers is immeasurable but service seems not to matter with this new management.. :smt011
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

jgriffin wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:01 am Perhaps the advent of ring fencing is upon us, and the security it brings means the urgency of good recruitment eases?
Good point, jg.
Semper in excretia
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

How many signings was he actually involved in when it came to initially identifying the talent though? Weren't Liebenburg, Lavanini and Taufua all signed before he arrived.

I know he had a good knowledge of SA rugby, but how much involvement did he have with Potter and Enever for example? I'm not sure the players will be bothered at all by what happens above the coaching level.