Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Noggs
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Chiefs

Post by Noggs »

No doubt it will be clarified in due course :smt023
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Exeter scrum half banned for five weeks.

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/rugby/r ... NxatrPIeds
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Rod
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Rod »

The scrum half wasn't the only one. Exeter clear out players who are off the ball at a lot of rucks and are wildly off their feet. The ref seemed to ignore it, consequently a player badly injured. Refs have to get a grip of players who smash into static prone players beecause it is career, even life threatening
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Which begs the question. WHERE WAS TMO? We all saw it.
Should be Townsend and TMO cited .Player safety, yeah right.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

What a shambles, glad the citing commissioner saw it but the punishment for the incident doesn't help us at all now, maybe the TMO needs citing for missing something so obvious live and then in the subsequent replays!

The only saving grace was that Simmons seemed to be OK afterwards, edit just read that Simmons was concussed so not OK :smt013
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

This bit is interesting:
Medical evidence at the hearing revealed Simmons sustained concussion as a result of incident, albeit that was not diagnosed until the days after the event following fresh symptoms at a training session. He will not play rugby this weekend with Tigers in European Challenge Cup action against Brive.
The cynic in me wonders if the concussion came to light once the citing was announced.

The worrier in me thinks how can he not have had to go for an HIA at the time or worse why was he not assessed/stopped from training after.

Annnnd also, if Townsend had got a red we could have won the game :smt022 :smt022 :smt022
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

wellstiger wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:10 pm Which begs the question. WHERE WAS TMO? We all saw it.
Should be Townsend and TMO cited .Player safety, yeah right.
TMO was absent bar confirming the Simmons trip if I remember rightly. Which was a correct call, sir was going to let him off with just a penalty which was an odd call as the trip was a card all day long.

I'm unsure how the TMO missed this one in game. It was fairly obvious and the focus was on that breakdown following the break. It is something they are allegedly clamping down on.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Doubt it would of changed the result, it would of changed the scoreline.
It's not like it's some obscure off the ball incident, very poor officiating from the 4 on the day.
The flying into rucks has to stop, the recent head clash in the Wendyball should really focus minds, the old style of rucking (which the Scots were brilliant at) is far easier to police, a stamp or boot to the face is far less subjective.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

ourla wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:25 pm This bit is interesting:
Medical evidence at the hearing revealed Simmons sustained concussion as a result of incident, albeit that was not diagnosed until the days after the event following fresh symptoms at a training session. He will not play rugby this weekend with Tigers in European Challenge Cup action against Brive.
The cynic in me wonders if the concussion came to light once the citing was announced.

The worrier in me thinks how can he not have had to go for an HIA at the time or worse why was he not assessed/stopped from training after.

Annnnd also, if Townsend had got a red we could have won the game :smt022 :smt022 :smt022
I doubt it

With Wigglesworth banned, Youngs likely on his 2 week break that leaves us with only 2 fit/available scrum halves White & JVP. We even have 2 games this weekend...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:01 pm Doubt it would of changed the result, it would of changed the scoreline.
It's not like it's some obscure off the ball incident, very poor officiating from the 4 on the day.
The flying into rucks has to stop, the recent head clash in the Wendyball should really focus minds, the old style of rucking (which the Scots were brilliant at) is far easier to police, a stamp or boot to the face is far less subjective.
presumably a 5 week ban would mean he should have been sent off, in the first half, whilst we may not have won the game I think its fair to say the score would have been closer at least
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:20 pm
ourla wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:25 pm This bit is interesting:

I doubt it

With Wigglesworth banned, Youngs likely on his 2 week break that leaves us with only 2 fit/available scrum halves White & JVP. We even have 2 games this weekend...
Law and Edwards
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Pretty shocking really, posters are right there should be some form of sanction for TMOs neglecting their duty to pick up incidents in which could have changed the dynamic of the game. I'm not bitter as I still think Exeter would have won the game, but as we are seeing with recent events, a failure to properly police these rucks could give longterm injuries to players that otherwise would have been avoidable.

Whilst I don't think we should harass the officials like in wendyball, I still believe referees are still too shielded from warranted criticism and its holding the game back.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

I am a bit puzzled by the idea it wouldn't have changed the result if Chiefs had to play half the game with 14 men when we were 13-7 up at the time. It was an understrength Exeter and without Henry's brain fart we would have been 20-21 with 20 to play.

That said watching the Channel 5 highlights I see Gloucester managed to concede against a 13 man Quins so who knows...
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

For far too long we often get outflanked by a team with 14 men.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:24 pm For far too long we often get outflanked by a team with 14 men.
I think I would have liked to see Tigers given that opportunity, leading at half time with a man advantage, defending so courageously as they did in the first half, who is to say we wouldn't have won? However changing 2 of the front row so early in 2nd half certainly weakened us and without Toms leadership.