Is Genge in trouble

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

anz3001
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:15 pm

Is Genge in trouble

Post by anz3001 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:14 pm

Didn’t see it during the game, but social media has a possible citing for a head butt.....:censored: hope not as that’d be a lengthy lay off for Ellis.
Last edited by anz3001 on Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 8713
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Is Genge in trouble

Post by RagingBull » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:20 pm

The only footage I have seen is from a grainy recording of a tv screen from a :censored: angle.

It does look like a head butt, but impossible to tell from that angle.
You would've thought more would have been made of it from the welsh all saying head butt etc

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4124
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Is Genge in trouble

Post by Scott1 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:24 pm

RagingBull wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:20 pm
The only footage I have seen is from a grainy recording of a tv screen from a :censored: angle.

It does look like a head butt, but impossible to tell from that angle.
You would've thought more would have been made of it from the welsh all saying head butt etc
Yeah especially with AWJ and Biggar about!

TigerFeetSteve
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:23 am

Re: Is Genge in trouble

Post by TigerFeetSteve » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:36 pm

1. Cowan-Dickie looks to maybe push Genge into Francis.

2. The angle I've seen you seen the movement for a headbutt (or push) but you can't see an impact.

3. With AWJ right there he would have demanded the ref look at it if he saw it.

4. We've only seen one angle on TV, the TMO had lots of angles his job is to look for potential foul play, you'd think while the penalty etc is being sorted going he would have looked at it from other angles, yet he doesn't even mention it.

For those 4 reasons without a lot more evidence I think he should be ok, but there are angles we haven't seen.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4124
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Is Genge in trouble

Post by Scott1 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:37 pm

TigerFeetSteve wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:36 pm
1. Cowan-Dickie looks to maybe push Genge into Francis.

2. The angle I've seen you seen the movement for a headbutt (or push) but you can't see an impact.

3. With AWJ right there he would have demanded the ref look at it if he saw it.

4. We've only seen one angle on TV, the TMO had lots of angles his job is to look for potential foul play, you'd think while the penalty etc is being sorted going he would have looked at it from other angles, yet he doesn't even mention it.

For those 4 reasons without a lot more evidence I think he should be ok, but there are angles we haven't seen.
Sounds like a rugby incident to me

Crofty
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:07 pm
Location: The bagging area (unexpectedly)

Re: Is Genge in trouble

Post by Crofty » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:58 pm

Scott1 wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:37 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:36 pm
1. Cowan-Dickie looks to maybe push Genge into Francis.

2. The angle I've seen you seen the movement for a headbutt (or push) but you can't see an impact.

3. With AWJ right there he would have demanded the ref look at it if he saw it.

4. We've only seen one angle on TV, the TMO had lots of angles his job is to look for potential foul play, you'd think while the penalty etc is being sorted going he would have looked at it from other angles, yet he doesn't even mention it.

For those 4 reasons without a lot more evidence I think he should be ok, but there are angles we haven't seen.
Sounds like a rugby incident to me
Fairly sure it got looked at as Wales got marched back 10 for whatever was going on...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

TigerFeetSteve
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:23 am

Re: Is Genge in trouble

Post by TigerFeetSteve » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:50 pm

Genge has tweeted about it while surely he wouldn't do unless supremely confident about matters.

Thanks for all the Twitter TMO reviews but I "didn’t headbutt anyone, thanks for all the messages of support for today - love this group!"
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.

sam16111986
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4227
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:27 pm
Location: Shepshed

Re: Is Genge in trouble

Post by sam16111986 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:02 pm

Saw the whining on Facebook. Absolutely nothing in it for me. He's about a foot away, already on floor and makes no obvious contact. He's have a wrestle with Francis post scrum and sir pinged Francis for dragging Genge into it.

Just some troll posting something and a couple of places like Ruck picking it up on a slow news day. The so called damning video shows nothing concrete. I'd be surprised if there was a citing.

trendylfj
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1843
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:16 am
Location: MARKET HARBOROUGH

Re: Is Genge in trouble

Post by trendylfj » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:58 am

I have looked at the "grainy" version and the clear version and cannot see any actual contact at all head to head. I can't help thinking and if there had been contact there would have been much more made of it at the time by the Welsh and there wasn't. Has there been any comment afterwards from the player involved, if not, move on?
Hehehehehehehehe

BFG
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3123
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:19 pm

Re: Is Genge in trouble

Post by BFG » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:07 am

It's Wales v England.
Handbags and bad hairdos.

Dokie
Top Cat
Top Cat
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:25 am

Re: Is Genge in trouble

Post by Dokie » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:35 am

TigerFeetSteve wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:36 pm
1. Cowan-Dickie looks to maybe push Genge into Francis.

2. The angle I've seen you seen the movement for a headbutt (or push) but you can't see an impact.

3. With AWJ right there he would have demanded the ref look at it if he saw it.

4. We've only seen one angle on TV, the TMO had lots of angles his job is to look for potential foul play, you'd think while the penalty etc is being sorted going he would have looked at it from other angles, yet he doesn't even mention it.

For those 4 reasons without a lot more evidence I think he should be ok, but there are angles we haven't seen.
Maybe the TMO had been put off intervening again because whenever he tried to earlier in the game, Poite told him to sod off.
:smt005 :smt005

Mayocaz
Tiger Cub
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun May 19, 2019 9:48 pm

Re: Is Genge in trouble

Post by Mayocaz » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:02 pm

The Welsh are notorious for wanting us punished after a game. I’d say their silence and lack of reaction at the time tells us Genge is fine.

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7135
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Is Genge in trouble

Post by tigerburnie » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:03 pm

The Welsh are still whingeing about Biggar being taken out in the air, which he wasn't, the Welsh seem to be very poor losers looking to blame someone else for their own failings.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.

SthrnTiger
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:22 pm

Re: Is Genge in trouble

Post by SthrnTiger » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:55 pm

Wasn’t it Andy Goode who started all this whose job it is to be a pot stirrer? Pretty sure he’s had some disagreements with Genge recently as well.

MCC1964
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:29 pm
Location: East Midlands

Re: Is Genge in trouble

Post by MCC1964 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:59 pm

SthrnTiger wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:55 pm
Wasn’t it Andy Goode who started all this whose job it is to be a pot stirrer? Pretty sure he’s had some disagreements with Genge recently as well.
Yep. Chasing Twitter followers. Bet he wouldn’t do the same if it was a Wasps player. He still hacked off after what happened to his best mate Smurphs.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: KevinR and 2 guests