Fans back in Stadiums?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Fans back in Stadiums?

Post by Tigerbeat »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/55010011

Unlikely to be any of the Leicester Teams.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Re: Fans back in Stadiums?

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Or any in the North.

Ok for London & Newmarket so it's all good......
To win is not as important as playing with style!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Question is can Tigers run a profit at 2000 spectators?

As I reckon Leciester may be in Tier 2...
Last edited by TigerFeetSteve on Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Possibly if Leicester remains in Tier 2 but that is doubtful in my opinion, oh well at least some fans in some places (so probably London clubs & West Country minus Bristol)
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:21 pm Question is can Tigers run a profit at 2000 spectators?

No club can run a profit but because of the government funding package, this will help ease this financial burden.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

JP14 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:24 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:21 pm Question is can Tigers run a profit at 2000 spectators?

No club can run a profit but because of the government funding package, this will help ease this financial burden.
Sorry I wasn't clear. Not run an overall profit, was more thinking of expenses for getting fans in the stadium, cost on game day stewards etc etc. vs ticket income.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Other point I'd make is Covid seems to be decreasing in Leicester whereas it's still increasing in the likes of London, so we'll wait and see how Tiers are split
chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by chappie »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:30 pm Other point I'd make is Covid seems to be decreasing in Leicester whereas it's still increasing in the likes of London, so we'll wait and see how Tiers are split
Wishful thinking about Covid cases going down in Leicester, as a county we are not in a good place and I’m expecting nothing less than tier 3 come Thursday
Franck Tournaire Number 1 fan.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

The chance of any Tier 3 areas prior to Lockdown being anything else afterwards are minimal.

Still Xmas will be sorted to some extent, shame if you don't celebrate it (especially if your big annual celebration was affected), or really care..enjoy the January lockdown.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

chappie wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:47 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:30 pm Other point I'd make is Covid seems to be decreasing in Leicester whereas it's still increasing in the likes of London, so we'll wait and see how Tiers are split
Wishful thinking about Covid cases going down in Leicester, as a county we are not in a good place and I’m expecting nothing less than tier 3 come Thursday
:smt022 :smt022 :smt022
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:27 pm

Sorry I wasn't clear. Not run an overall profit, was more thinking of expenses for getting fans in the stadium, cost on game day stewards etc etc. vs ticket income.
Surely the first in the list for seats will be the season ticket holders so there is little chance of any additional income in the short term. If we can get enough people vaccinated by, say, Easter and the transmisslon rates are low there could be increases in capacity allowed, particularly for people who have been vaccinated. In reality we are looking at next season before getting anywhere near back to normal.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Noggs wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:45 pm

Surely the first in the list for seats will be the season ticket holders so there is little chance of any additional income in the short term. If we can get enough people vaccinated by, say, Easter and the transmisslon rates are low there could be increases in capacity allowed, particularly for people who have been vaccinated. In reality we are looking at next season before getting anywhere near back to normal.
There will be some savings, ie income, as club will not have to make refunds to those season ticket holders who are lucky enough to attend.
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

LE18 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:14 pm
Noggs wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:45 pm

There will be some savings, ie income, as club will not have to make refunds to those season ticket holders who are lucky enough to attend.
Will probably put everyone in the big stand (what was originally called the Cat stand); will save some cost too.
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Can only be viewed as good news.Sport with fan participation however is dependent on how (our) society and its infrastructure copes with the continual threat of Covid .A spike over the festive season could see everyone and everything back to square one , and indeed the country back into lockdown.
Really could do with an effective vaccine roll out.....
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Not sure where to put this so filed it under fans but has anyone heard from Mark62? We used to bump heads but I haven’t seen him for a while and hope he’s ok. Is anyone else missing?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer