London Irish Away

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mol2
Super User
Super User

Re: London Irish Away

Post by mol2 »

Bower was exposed. Had our best 2 loose head props not been absent the scrums in the firsts half would have been different.

One of the most stupid yellows I have seen.

Discipline cost us. Too many dumb penalties.

Good to see refs marching back 10 m for yapping. Shame it was us but I am pleased to see more of this from the refs this season.

Tom Youngs seems to have turned the clocks back a few years and learned how to talk to the ref as a captain. Well done for proving me wrong.
We have a class full back in the making. Compare that to Daly yesterday.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

mol2 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:00 pm Bower was exposed. Had our best 2 loose head props not been absent the scrums in the firsts half would have been different.

One of the most stupid yellows I have seen.

Discipline cost us. Too many dumb penalties.

Good to see refs marching back 10 m for yapping. Shame it was us but I am pleased to see more of this from the refs this season.

Tom Youngs seems to have turned the clocks back a few years and learned how to talk to the ref as a captain. Well done for proving me wrong.
We have a class full back in the making. Compare that to Daly yesterday.
We probably would have won today if we had Daly at 10 in the second half...
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:53 pm
Dangerous4 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:32 pm What are we? Still a team of lemmings rushing over the cliff! Horrific, banal, and guttless display
Bit over the top. Display was bit good enough because we were no where near accurate enough. We just need to tighten up some aspects of our play and we start winning games like that.

Still a definite improvement on last season. For starters the defence was a lot better and bar one miss communication in the first half and one Rona outside break LI never looked like scoring.
Small margins proved very costly. Missed touch finds from Penalties and it could have been a different game as Tigers were getting some go forward.
London Irish had an all international front row and they had the edge in the first half.
Good to see Borthwick make changes at half time rather than wait.
Two games in and a long way to go. Better discipline and execution should put the Team in a better position.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Anyone else see that shocker from Elrington on Taufua, leans in with the shoulder, blatant thuggery and stupidity that was only saved by JT not being any lower... that really irked me above all things.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

JP14 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:03 pm Anyone else see that shocker from Elrington on Taufua, leans in with the shoulder, blatant thuggery and stupidity that was only saved by JT not being any lower... that really irked me above all things.
yeah Monye pointed out he was 6 inches away from a red card
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Bonilla needs another chance, this is a guy who steered the Jaguares to the 2019 Super Rugby final, there’s no doubting his ability.

We all have off days, I seem to call George Ford missing touch kicking out of hand for penalties against Toulon and no one called for his swift departure!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:05 pm
JP14 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:03 pm Anyone else see that shocker from Elrington on Taufua, leans in with the shoulder, blatant thuggery and stupidity that was only saved by JT not being any lower... that really irked me above all things.
If I was Dickson I would have yellow carded him there and then doesn’t matter if he didn’t hit the head he’s gone in with a cheap shot with absolutely no attempt to perform a legal tackle.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:05 pm
I think it was a lot closer than that, his shoulder caught him on the throat.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:42 pm I mean you could blame the previous coaches for the mind set we are currently in and that it will take a while to get out of it.
Without wanting it to sound like a cure all, clearly it isn't, but the mind set following last weekend's good performance and convincing win should have improved somewhat, even in just one week, wins breed confidence or so they say.

Such mindset wasn't evident from the first whistle - there was no belief on show.

No amount of trying to play devil's advocate can lay that at the feet of departed staff.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Our last 2 games of last season Ford was awful. (But presumably carrying an injury), many people on here said last season Henry was International class (laughable).
Wigglesworth was poor today & should of got hooked way earlier, the lack of a "running" 9 is not good, did he really take over the captaincy when OTY went off, if so I really despair for Tigers....
Henro & Steward the standouts, & Taufua showed what an asset he is.
As an aside Dickson is a clueless ref.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Is this fair, I know I harp on about it but still...

https://twitter.com/flyinggsports/statu ... 787?s=21[i][/i]
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

JP14 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:18 pm Is this fair, I know I harp on about it but still...

https://twitter.com/flyinggsports/statu ... 787?s=21[i][/i]

Summed up the dross :smt022
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

publandlord wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:59 pm
Dangerous4 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:32 pm What are we? Still a team of lemmings rushing over the cliff! Horrific, banal, and guttless display
Bit over the top. Display was bit good enough because we were no where near accurate enough. We just need to tighten up some aspects of our play and we start winning games like that.

Still a definite improvement on last season. For starters the defence was a lot better and bar one miss communication in the first half and one Rona outside break LI never looked like scoring.
[olist=][/olist]
unfortunately neither did we look like scoring !! But you are correct a lot of the comments are over the top so early into the campaign.
I thought we looked in a good position before Bonilla threw that horror pass. All he had to do was send it back into the tight exchanges via a centre. Keep the big lumps piling in. LI were on the ropes at that point and getting on the wrong side of the ref. We had either a try or a penalty coming. Throwing a 30 metre speculative pass under pressure really wasn't the go to option.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:43 pm Hindsight is a wonderful thing but wish we’d started with Leatigaga instead of Bower and Barnes instead of Dickson
Would not Heyes have been on the right side of the scrum?

Oh...... And ........ Anyone instead of Dickinson...
Totally inept today....

But having taken the rise out of the Taffs yesterday about whingeing about Poite I couldn't possibly criticise Sir.... Could I?
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
publandlord
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by publandlord »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:25 pm
publandlord wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:59 pm

[olist=][/olist]
unfortunately neither did we look like scoring !! But you are correct a lot of the comments are over the top so early into the campaign.
I thought we looked in a good position before Bonilla threw that horror pass. All he had to do was send it back into the tight exchanges via a centre. Keep the big lumps piling in. LI were on the ropes at that point and getting on the wrong side of the ref. We had either a try or a penalty coming. Throwing a 30 metre speculative pass under pressure really wasn't the go to option.
As I said in an earlier post, ineffective big lumps and half backs. Still onwards to next week !!