London Irish Away

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Re: London Irish Away

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Most frustrating part is we had 20 minutes in the second half when we were on top, but just had a total inability to convert that dominance into points. Two missed kicks to touch absolutely killed us. Bonilla was awful coming on, he’s a better player than that.

Liebenberg and Wiese again very good in the forwards. Steward was a rock at the back and made some metres ball in hand. But from the 12 other players, no one stood up to be counted when we needed all hands on deck.

Wells and Green were pretty ineffectual, Lavanini injured and Enever hasn’t shown any promise. We’re missing some quality in the lock department. He’s supposed to be an Australian international but is nowhere near the first team, what a waste of cap.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

MCC1964 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:16 pm
Big Dai wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:13 pm Forwards better after half time. But the midfield backs were directionless and clueless

Should have kept Henry on. The missed touches realy hurt us. Having said that the line out win was no racing certainty.

If you want a long kick to touch why not let Steward do it? The one shining light in the backs..... Can he play 10?

Wigglesworth dissapointed. Kicks not on the money today.
In hindsight maybe yes regarding Henry. I was actually applauding the first half changes and for a while they looked to have made the difference - the pundits even said the same. Henry does not attack the line (yet). But then three pen missed touches and it all went backwards.
But if you have a bomb of a boot why not use it? Even when Henry was on. Come on Freddie.... Stick it in the corner!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Perhaps we will just throw next weeks game..return of Covid?
Think it shows how poor Glaws were last week & the value of picking a 7 at 7.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

anz3001 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:22 pm Not a good game but we didn’t win the premiership last weekend, and we haven’t been relegated this.

We’re two games in.
I accept that BUT (and I feel others share this view) to sink so far in a week is just mind boggling. To go from competent (not outstanding, but competent) to so desperately poor they looked like a pub team at times is beyond belief - but we saw exactly that.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Old Hob wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:25 pm
anz3001 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:22 pm Not a good game but we didn’t win the premiership last weekend, and we haven’t been relegated this.

We’re two games in.
I accept that BUT (and I feel others share this view) to sink so far in a week is just mind boggling. To go from competent (not outstanding, but competent) to so desperately poor they looked like a pub team at times is beyond belief - but we saw exactly that.
Literally every team but 4 have done that though
(2 being Exeter and Falcons, the other end Saints and Bath)
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

I do think we lack a cutting edge at 13 too, you see the difference Rona made today. Fingers crossed Moroni can make a difference
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:24 pm Perhaps we will just throw next weeks game..return of Covid?
Exactly. Glaws were poor last week, we were good. This week the reverse. Putting Tigers aside, it’s going to be another tight chase for positions 2, 3 and 4 in the league.
Systonite
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Systonite »

Rubbish. Not the ref, or the coaches, but the players. Huge number of basic errors.

You can have a decent ref and all the best coaches, but if you miss touch from penalties three times and make other basic errors every few seconds, you're never getting anything out of a game.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

FrontRowUnionMember wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:28 pm I do think we lack a cutting edge at 13 too, you see the difference Rona made today. Fingers crossed Moroni can make a difference
Personally I want to see Porter in there until Moroni is fit.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Old Hob wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:25 pm

We’re two games in.
But on the other hand last week’s performance off the back of the dross of last season was just as meteoric.

Maybe Borths worked them too hard this week. Who knows. Hopefully he does and can make corrections....
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:24 pm Perhaps we will just throw next weeks game..return of Covid?
Yup. A big back row like we had in the first half has to work in concert to make yards. Bang, offload, bang offload, bang offload. Single running ball carriers need the ferrets to get in first when it all goes to ground..... You need a genuine 7.

..... Where was Mr Reffel today?
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

The moment Kobus van Pryk slapped the ball into touch, I knew it would not be our day. :smt013. Edit.... but we’re still in the top 6! Whoopeeeee!
Last edited by Robespierre on Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Semper in excretia
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

What are we? Still a team of lemmings rushing over the cliff! Horrific, banal, and guttless display
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:20 pm Get Exeter out of the way
Without wanting to be defeatist, just give Chiefs 5 points and have a rest weekend next week, even if we play 50% better than today I can only see us getting heavily smashed and being even more demoralised.

My disappointment about today's result is not based on last week's win/performance or getting carried away, it is purely about watching a group of blokes playing today like they've never met or had any practice together. They were utter dross and back to the worst of the last 5 or 6 years.

Sounds a bit daft but if we had been more composed and didn't panic (or kick the ball away so much) we should/could have won that today - LI were not great themselves. THAT is why I am frustrated/angry about the result.

Points and momentum/confidence from last week chucked straight round the U-Bend
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

For exeter I would like to see
1. Leatigaga
2. Youngs
3. Cole
4. Green
5. Wells
6. Liebenberg