London Irish Away

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Yorkietiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: London Irish Away

Post by Yorkietiger »

Basics, basics for Heaven's sake. Find touch with penalties and win your line out, in the last ten minutes we did neither. We got exactly what we deserved------ nowt! :smt011
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

jgriffin wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:15 pm Oh dear. Murphy/O'Connor/Mauger/Cockers/Cohen must go. 😂
You leave Mauger out of it 😜
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Big Dai wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:13 pm Forwards better after half time. But the midfield backs were directionless and clueless

Should have kept Henry on. The missed touches realy hurt us. Having said that the line out win was no racing certainty.

If you want a long kick to touch why not let Steward do it? The one shining light in the backs..... Can he play 10?

Wigglesworth dissapointed. Kicks not on the money today.
In hindsight maybe yes regarding Henry. I was actually applauding the first half changes and for a while they looked to have made the difference - the pundits even said the same. Henry does not attack the line (yet). But then three pen missed touches and it all went backwards.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:11 pm
Tiglon wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:08 pm
Was Van Wyk taken off injured, or was it a (and I'll be kind here) tactical substitution?
Said it was a groin injury, who knows.
Translation: Borthwick kicked him in the nuts for being so stupid.

Would anyone like to adopt a small Argentinian fly half? Cute and completely harmless (to the opposition) - free to a good home. Or a bad home, just take him away, please!

I have to stick by my pre-match assessment of London Irish - they are pretty poor. Sadly, Tigers were even worse.
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Well, Borthwick can be in no doubt now just how big the hole is that he has to get this lot to dig their way out of. First blood in a key relegation battle to Irish...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Brutus
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Brutus »

Stupid I know but I was so frustrated with game that a basic malfunction on my phone made me snap it in half.
I have never turned a match off 5 minutes before the end either, normally not such a bad loser.
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Positives from today’s game....

Steward

.......er that’s it.....

Why oh why do I always get a sinking feeling before a game when that ref is on the pitch with Tigers.

That said - we lost that, not the ref, and deserved to do so. Steward was the only positive - solid and class even though they were taking him out in the air.

Can’t even contemplate what Exeter will do against us. Another very long season.....
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

FrontRowUnionMember wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:14 pm If we show the same lack of control against Exeter, we will get absolutely reamed.
Serious lack of game intelligence. Kicked the ball away way too much, but didn’t have the intensity to force them into errors. Just plain awful.
We didn’t even look close to scoring a try today, infact I don’t really recall us carving them open that much. Absolutely no cutting edge in the backs, we’re trying to rely too much on forwards grinding for yardage, but that’s energy sapping.
False dawn last week maybe....
Erm....like the last two (better than us) teams that have played Exeter in the last two weeks and got ‘reamed’. It is inevitable at this point. They are head and shoulders above everyone else.
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

JP14 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:14 pm
Greenwhiteandred wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:12 pm
JP14 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:09 pm Personally I’m glad Ugo Monye isn’t our attack coach, what’s the point in chucking it around in your own ‘22 in which Irish will probably turn over and score, we kicked but the majority of the time even with White on it was a kick to compete.
We were losing by more than 7 - LI getting a try would have meant nothing. We needed a try for A LBP. Simple equation really
It would have resulted in a more disappointing scoreline. I’m sorry but unless we suddenly become the Harlem Globetrotters overnight, we were never in a million years gonna score a LBP try from our ‘22.
How defeatist of you
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

out of interest are there still players in the game that Karl Dixon played with/against? If so it does seem odd he is allowed to ref them
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

That was :censored:.

But from watching nearly all the games in the league only a couple teams are looking actually consistent. Unfortunately we play one next week. We are still currently 5th.

It's a long season and the odd build up is clearly affecting a lot of teams Gloucester hammers Wasps who beat Bristol who hammered Worcester who beat Irish who beat us who hammered Gloucester.

I feel there is still a lot more to work with than last years result.
15. Steward - Standout back IMO
14. Van Wyk - Poor game granted didn't get to play when the pack started getting a foothold.
13. Taute - Still can get exposed on by the faster players
12. Scott - Solid
11. Potter - Solid but didn't get much in the air
10. Henry - Iffy but like Van wyk didn't really get front foot ball
9. Wigglesworth - Weaker game.

8. Wiese - runs through brick walls
7. Brink - Not a 7
6. Liebenberg - IMO best forward
5. Green - Failed to really make a impact
4. Wells - Failed to really make a impact
3. Cole - Does what Cole does
2. Youngs - Alright
1. Bower struggled

16. Clare - Not as good an impact as last week
17. Leatigaga - Made a great impact in the scrums
18. Heyes - carried off what Cole left him
19. Reffell - N/A
20. Taufua - made a massive difference
21. White - 2 stupid kicks for nothing when we had nothing too lose.
22. Bonilla - Very poor game but first game of rugby in 9 months I am willing to give him benefit of a doubt
23. Porter - Seems to have a massive engine on him was chasing everything I really like him.

Coaching got the calls wrong in the first half BUT gives me some encouragement in Borthwick in that he wasn't afraid to make calls early.

2 steps forward last week one step back this week.
Get Exeter out of the way early then use the 2 European as some warm up games for Newcastle away.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:20 pm That was :censored:.

But from watching nearly all the games in the league only a couple teams are looking actually consistent. Unfortunately we play one next week. We are still currently 5th.

It's a long season and the odd build up is clearly affecting a lot of teams Gloucester hammers Wasps who beat Bristol who hammered Worcester who beat Irish who beat us who hammered Gloucester.

I feel there is still a lot more to work with than last years result.
15. Steward - Standout back IMO
14. Van Wyk - Poor game granted didn't get to play when the pack started getting a foothold.
13. Taute - Still can get exposed on by the faster players
12. Scott - Solid
11. Potter - Solid but didn't get much in the air
10. Henry - Iffy but like Van wyk didn't really get front foot ball
9. Wigglesworth - Weaker game.

8. Wiese - runs through brick walls
7. Brink - Not a 7
6. Liebenberg - IMO best forward
5. Green - Failed to really make a impact
4. Wells - Failed to really make a impact
3. Cole - Does what Cole does
2. Youngs - Alright
1. Bower struggled

16. Clare - Not as good an impact as last week
17. Leatigaga - Made a great impact in the scrums
18. Heyes - carried off what Cole left him
19. Reffell - N/A
20. Taufua - made a massive difference
21. White - 2 stupid kicks for nothing when we had nothing too lose.
22. Bonilla - Very poor game but first game of rugby in 9 months I am willing to give him benefit of a doubt
23. Porter - Seems to have a massive engine on him was chasing everything I really like him.

Coaching got the calls wrong in the first half BUT gives me some encouragement in Borthwick in that he wasn't afraid to make calls early.

2 steps forward last week one step back this week.
Get Exeter out of the way early then use the 2 European as some warm up games for Newcastle away.
:smt038
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

Not a good game but we didn’t win the premiership last weekend, and we haven’t been relegated this.

We’re two games in.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Steward was outstanding under the high ball, sadly spilt the last one, 1 area he needs to better is his passing.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Raging Bonilla played last weekend too