SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Re: London Irish Away

Post by Chobbsy »

sam16111986 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:08 pm London Irish:
15 Tom Homer, 14 Ben Loader, 13 Curtis Rona, 12 Billy Meakes, 11 Ollie Hassell-Collins, 10 Paddy Jackson, 9 Ben Meehan, 1 Allan Dell, 2 Agustin Creevy, 3 Sekope Kepu, 4 George Nott, 5 Andrei Mahu, 6 Seán O’Brien, 7 Blair Cowan, 8 Matt Rogerson (c).

Replacements:
16 Motu Matu’u, 17 Harry Elrington, 18 Ollie Hoskins, 19 Chunya Munga, 20 Steve Mafi, 21 Nick Phipps, 22 Theo Brophy Clews, 23 Tom Parton.
mmmmmm that's a good experienced side with plenty of speed
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Hope we can build on last week Vs Glous.
Back row looks strong, as do elements of the bench.Perhaps Guy Porter can consider himself a little unfortunate but the Club and the Team are much more than the starting XV and everyone will play their part...
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

That's a bench! Good to see Scott back but Porter certainly didn't let himself down. Hope Gigena is on the mend and, whilst I accept SB is under no obligation to release injury details, I'd like to know how he is purely on a human level! Thought Reffell might start - almost a nailed-on 7 for me but the back row will rotate all season. Yum yum!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

Decent slide there and very good bench. Interesting that Borthwick has gone with a heavy duty back row which is very much against trend at the moment.

May be an Eddie Jones horses for courses approach (to be honest I’m not too aware of Irish’s playing style) or how ideally he wants his pack to look like.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Nice to see Taufua on the bench, I think that's a pretty good side we have selected. Irish are no mugs though and that's a pretty decent team they have selected, my worry is that Creevy and O'Brien might have a field day at our breakdown. Nonetheless looking forward to the game and hoping we continue the momentum!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Got to be the first all-Saffa back row Tigers have ever fielded?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Liebenberg then is providing 2nd row cover.

Looks tasty line up.

Bower will be tested, but Leatigaga on the bench has experience even if he's just coming back.

Lots of ball carriers in the team
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Easy to see lessons learnt.
LI pack did a job on us last season. sizable pack in Tiger squad will negate a similar result.
Horses for courses and a depth of squad. We might be looking at back to back "W".
Reasons to be cheerful.........part 1 :smt023
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

Chobbsy wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:18 pm
15 Tom Homer, 14 Ben Loader, 13 Curtis Rona, 12 Billy Meakes, 11 Ollie Hassell-Collins, 10 Paddy Jackson, 9 Ben Meehan, 1 Allan Dell, 2 Agustin Creevy, 3 Sekope Kepu, 4 George Nott, 5 Andrei Mahu, 6 Seán O’Brien, 7 Blair Cowan, 8 Matt Rogerson (c).

Replacements:
16 Motu Matu’u, 17 Harry Elrington, 18 Ollie Hoskins, 19 Chunya Munga, 20 Steve Mafi, 21 Nick Phipps, 22 Theo Brophy Clews, 23 Tom Parton.
To be honest chobbsy, I don’t know all the not not players, but I am not sure any of them would get into this tigers team. Who would you swap?
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

teds wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:18 pm

Replacements:
To be honest chobbsy, I don’t know all the not not players, but I am not sure any of them would get into this tigers team. Who would you swap?
Billy Meakes is class as is Hassell-Collins lightning fast, Creevy in my opinion is still one of the best hookers around, Kepu is class as is O'Brien and Cowan
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Got to feel for Porter, big game for Scott, needs to show more than being solid. Personally I would play Reffell more often than not but him & Taufua off the bench could cause some entertainment, JT back earlier than expected as well.
Their front row are better than most in the league so scrum time could be interesting, some canny old heads on both sides, not too worried about Bower in the scrum, it's the rest of his game that is more limited & tbh Kepu is a match for all of our LH's.

First tactic is to run Brink & Weise at Jackson, forget the wider game plan, do that frequently.

We will actually have to put a decent performance in to get a win.

Always good to see Steeevvvvveeee on a rugby pitch.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Chobbsy wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:25 pm

Billy Meakes is class as is Hassell-Collins lightning fast, Creevy in my opinion is still one of the best hookers around, Kepu is class as is O'Brien and Cowan
And pretty much the same side that lost 11-10 to Worcester last week.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Chobbsy wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:25 pm

I’d take our back row every day of the week! Some quality in that Irish side for sure but I fancy this one. Won’t be easy but if we play like we did last week I reckon it’s ours for the taking
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Bookies have Irish at 5/6, draw at 22/1 and Tigers at Evens.
Handicap betting Irish by 1 pt.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk