London Irish Away

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Redstripeman

Re: London Irish Away

Post by Redstripeman »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:03 pm I'm not really comparing the 2 sides more, all it can take is a big loss to ruin a mood.
Yes we did narrowly beat Gloucester but it was a really good performance IMO with 2 tries we should've finished but didn't.
...I think you need to review your mathematical abilities.........!!!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Redstripeman wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:22 am
RagingBull wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:03 pm I'm not really comparing the 2 sides more, all it can take is a big loss to ruin a mood.
Yes we did narrowly beat Gloucester but it was a really good performance IMO with 2 tries we should've finished but didn't.
https://www.leicestertigers.com/match/g ... 2019-11-02

That isn't narrow?
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Last seasons performance at 'Irish was a particular low point with our pack receiving a severe going over. Wherever and when ever a team goes away from home getting a win is extremely difficult - lack of home support does help but we shall still need to be up for the contest and prepared to battle for everything.Really want us to show spirit and desire and move on again from the marker we laid down against Gloucester.Momentum and confidence are key ingredients to success and we could do ourselves a power of good with another win - no matter how we come by it.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Redstripeman wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:22 am
We were discussing last years match vs Glos as being a narrow victory not this years
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Tigerbeat wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:41 pm
chipnchase wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:37 pm
TigerMac3 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:22 pm With the continuing postponement of Fiji matches, when can we expect Nadolo and Kini back and ready for match action?
Yes, due in straight away. Doesnt seem to be any isolation or rest time required.
They have a 7/8th place match scheduled on 05th December at the moment so do not expect any internationals back until the 12th.
Apologies, yes once their international program is completed. uNLIKE THE England players who I think will miss a couple of weeks?
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

LE18 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:40 pm
jgriffin wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:13 pm
Cagey Tiger wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:51 pm
So are they now the Not Not Nots? :smt002 :smt003
By the same token we've been the Are Nots until recently!
Their new name could be the Brentford Nylons. :smt001
Sorry to continue this but I think I should explain my stupid sense of humour.

It was the fact they are moving to Brentford that tickled me because of a company called Brentford Nylons, if you have never slept between sheets made by this company you have missed an event never to be repeated, only the old ones will remember this electro static experience! It happened to us once in a Blackpool boarding house! :smt005
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

LE18 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:49 pm
LE18 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:40 pm
jgriffin wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:13 pm

By the same token we've been the Are Nots until recently!
Their new name could be the Brentford Nylons. :smt001
Sorry to continue this but I think I should explain my stupid sense of humour.

It was the fact they are moving to Brentford that tickled me because of a company called Brentford Nylons, if you have never slept between sheets made by this company you have missed an event never to be repeated, only the old ones will remember this electro static experience! It happened to us once in a Blackpool boarding house! :smt005
In the words of the late 007. "Shocking"
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I think the matches of last year against Irish were an illustration of how much denial we were in.

Irish knew (until Sarries were punished) that they were in a relegation dogfight from the first game of the season. I don't think that penny really dropped: we played with the apparent attitute that we were still a top side but as a team we were simply not at a level we could overrun weaker sides as we once did because we were one of those weaker sides that others were targetting as must win matches.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

mol2 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:16 am I think the matches of last year against Irish were an illustration of how much denial we were in.

Irish knew (until Sarries were punished) that they were in a relegation dogfight from the first game of the season. I don't think that penny really dropped: we played with the apparent attitute that we were still a top side but as a team we were simply not at a level we could overrun weaker sides as we once did because we were one of those weaker sides that others were targetting as must win matches.
Agreed. Over the years, I watched teams come to WR and try like crazy for twenty minutes - even occasionally going ahead before succumbing to the inevitable and being ground into dust. We became one of those teams.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

First starts of the season for Ryan Bower, Cyle Brink and Matt Scott are the only changes to Steve Borthwork's starting XV for the trip to London Irish on Sunday.

That back row!! Liebenberg Brink Wiese! :smt027
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
happywomble

Post by happywomble »

Taufua is back! :)

Leicester Tigers (v London Irish, away, Sunday 4.15pm)

15 Freddie Steward

14 Kobus van Wyk

13 Jaco Taute

12 Matt Scott

11 Harry Potter

10 Zack Henry

9 Richard Wigglesworth

1 Ryan Bower

2 Tom Youngs (c)

3 Dan Cole

4 Harry Wells

5 Calum Green

6 Hanro Liebenberg

7 Cyle Brink

8 Jasper Wiese

Replacements

16 Charlie Clare

17 Nephi Leatigaga

18 Joe Heyes

19 Tommy Reffell

20 Jordan Taufua

21 Ben White

22 Joaquín Díaz Bonilla

23 Guy Porter
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Fantastic to see Jordan back in the mix !!!
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Really like the look of that 23.. A teamsheet with Brink Wiese Liebenberg Reffell and Taufua.. damn that looks good!

No Naholo, Coleman or Hepetema for Irish as expected. Mafi gets a spot on the bench

Really excited for Sunday.. is it just me or is anyone else feeling like this: :smt026 after seeing that teamsheet.. Come on you Tigers!
Last edited by OakhamTiger32 on Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Glad to see a consistency of selection with not too many changes.

Great looking 23 on paper and if they can take the performance and confidence from last week we can get another W.

Although Irish will be up for this, new stadium, be wanting to get points on the board after a tight loss last week.

Looking forward to watching and feeling semi confident.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

London Irish:
15 Tom Homer, 14 Ben Loader, 13 Curtis Rona, 12 Billy Meakes, 11 Ollie Hassell-Collins, 10 Paddy Jackson, 9 Ben Meehan, 1 Allan Dell, 2 Agustin Creevy, 3 Sekope Kepu, 4 George Nott, 5 Andrei Mahu, 6 Seán O’Brien, 7 Blair Cowan, 8 Matt Rogerson (c).

Replacements:
16 Motu Matu’u, 17 Harry Elrington, 18 Ollie Hoskins, 19 Chunya Munga, 20 Steve Mafi, 21 Nick Phipps, 22 Theo Brophy Clews, 23 Tom Parton.