Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Post by RagingBull »

Rugby paper saying Worcester have signed Duhan van der Merwe for 300,000 a season.

Great signing.
But a lot of money also. (About £100,000 more than Nadolo rumored amount) and the same amount as Jonny May.

Can’t say I look at Worcester and think they need a top winger though.
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

:smt006
RagingBull wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:55 am Ruck so I guess he will be signing a new contract this week...
TA30
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by TA30 »

Exciting player but I hope we dont get involved in spending that much on a winger again, particularly one with international commitments. Wonder if nanai or hougaard are going at end of season or pennel retiring? Lawrence is going to get a bump in wage soon so it's an interesting signing for their squad balance.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:11 am Rugby paper saying Worcester have signed Duhan van der Merwe for 300,000 a season.

Great signing.
But a lot of money also. (About £100,000 more than Nadolo rumored amount) and the same amount as Jonny May.

Can’t say I look at Worcester and think they need a top winger though.
I'd have thought they'd have been better spending that money on the tight five personally. An expensive winger that will miss a third of the season on international duty isn't a great investment.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

That sounds bonkers to me. They've had really good wingers before and still not finished higher than 10th because they don't get enough front foot attacking ball to utilise them.

Still, perhaps when you are Worcester Warriors you don't have the reputation to attract players and you need to pay a lot instead? Let's be honest, if you had offers from Exeter and Worcester, both wanting to put you in the first XV, Worcester would have to be offering a significantly higher salary to consider it for more than about 5 seconds.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Gloucester possibly looking at Fly- half options (The Ruck) :

https://www.ruck.co.uk/report-glouceste ... departure/
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

kk20gb30 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:26 pm Gloucester possibly looking at Fly- half options (The Ruck) :

https://www.ruck.co.uk/report-glouceste ... departure/
Adam Hastings has apparently agreed to fill that void at Glaws.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Neil Fissler in 'The Rugby Paper' (13/12/20) Claims that high on Sales wishlist to replace Steve Diamond are either Stuart Lancaster or Alex Sanderson...

Somehow don't do see either making the trip north , to be honest.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Hastings to Gloucester could signal the end of Cipriani at the club.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Cipriani statement:

"After much deliberation. I have decided to leave Gloucester. I have mixed emotions about it. I am sad to leave a great club, but I’m excited for the challenges I have ahead. I am so proud of what we have built together, and I have enjoyed working with every one."

...and from the Club:

"Gloucester Rugby would like to announce that Danny Cipriani has left the Club with immediate effect. Gloucester Rugby would like to place on record our appreciation for Danny’s contribution during his time with us."
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

The arrival Adam Hastings to Gloucester has been announced for the 2021-22 season.

The Cherry and Whites are also rumoured to be after the Georgian centre that scored that really good individual try against Ireland.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Richardfje

Post by Richardfje »

Apparently Ollie Thorley is rumoured to be going to Sale, huge is they can pull it off, maybe using the cap they used to sign Manu for a year?
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Richardfje wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:44 pm Apparently Ollie Thorley is rumoured to be going to Sale, huge is they can pull it off, maybe using the cap they used to sign Manu for a year?
Manu signed for a fraction of his Tigers salary at Sale. Hence the potential court case. Thorley would command more than what Manu's on there at the minute.

Has Thorley been linked with Sale by anyone outside of Ruck and RIL? If not I'd take it with dumper truck of salt given that they are basically twitter pages that made their own websites.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Richardfje wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:44 pm Apparently Ollie Thorley is rumoured to be going to Sale, huge is they can pull it off, maybe using the cap they used to sign Manu for a year?
Gloucester are trying really hard to be in more of a mess than Tigers this year.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

ABClub wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:55 pm
Manu signed for a fraction of his Tigers salary at Sale. Hence the potential court case. Thorley would command more than what Manu's on there at the minute.

Has Thorley been linked with Sale by anyone outside of Ruck and RIL? If not I'd take it with dumper truck of salt given that they are basically twitter pages that made their own websites.
Wasn't Manu supposed to be on £300k instead of the £450k or whatever crazy salary he was on here? Not an inconsiderable amount. Glaws have all of Thorley, LRZ, May and Sharples to crow bar into a match day squad something has to give at some point. Bringing back May probably wasn't their best idea.