Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Post by kk20gb30 »

Couple of items from Neil Fissler in 'The Rugby Paper' (2012/20)...

Japan a likely next port of call for both Danny Cipriani and Francois Hougaard.
The next (possibly 'latest' would be a better choice of word) destination south of the border for Scottish centre Huw Jones is now thought to be London Irish (figures somehow, I guess).
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

What not another not not, a what not?
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

kk20gb30 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:49 am Couple of items from Neil Fissler in 'The Rugby Paper' (2012/20)...

Japan a likely next port of call for both Danny Cipriani and Francois Hougaard.
The next (possibly 'latest' would be a better choice of word) destination south of the border for Scottish centre Huw Jones is now thought to be London Irish (figures somehow, I guess).
I'm genuinely not cut up about that. Ok he's a good player and after we lost 3 centres in Tuilagi, Reid & Eastmond I was genuinely concerned about this position, but:

1 - Matt Scott has come in and shown he's a solid player, and looks to be well out the Scottish picture meaning he can keep doing a job for us throughout the season.

2 - Moroni arriving has given us a quality player. Between him and Scott we really do have a centre pairing that can cause other teams problems.

3 - Taute seems to have rediscovered his mojo this season , and is a real decent club player now despite me thinking some of his best days were behind him.

4 - Porter, have been really impressed with him at both centre and wing and am sure there's plenty more to come.

5 - Kelly another good young centre who has impressed and has shown he can step up if required.

6 - Others who can cover, Potter and Murimurivalu come to mind.

We also still have Worth and Hardwick in the squad at the moment ok both of those are down the pecking order.

Based on that I think we have both quality and depth at the momet, there's other areas I think we can invest in where we are maybe shorter in.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro to Bristol , short term :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/55397280
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:13 pm Paul Tait - usually reliable - Rumour: Emiliano Boffelli —> Toulouse
Afraid not, he will join Racing in January. Shame he's not coming to Toulouse as he would have fitted in a treat.
Semper in excretia
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I don't understand the comments when London Irish sign a player who isn't Irish. I understand their history, but it is exactly that. I expect Leicester Tigers was originally founded as a team for people from Leicester to play in.

Times change, London Irish is just a name now.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Short term , Bath sign James Bhatti :

https://www.ruck.co.uk/transfer-bath-co ... owerhouse/
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Tiglon wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:45 pm I don't understand the comments when London Irish sign a player who isn't Irish. I understand their history, but it is exactly that. I expect Leicester Tigers was originally founded as a team for people from Leicester to play in.

I think (and am more than happy to be enlightened) that maybe this started when they moved to Reading. Then, they were neither in London nor based on Irish players, hence Not Nots was coined. Prior to this I don't think anyone made much of the players origin as they were in the same boat as London Scottish (before they merged) and London Welsh. Having become the Not Nots, a player's country became highlighted and continues now, but will likely fade in time. All just guesswork on my part.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Bath look like they may be signing Jacques du Toit from Cheetahs

https://www.news24.com/amp/sport/rugby/ ... k-20201222
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Cagey Tiger wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:33 am
Tiglon wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:45 pm I don't understand the comments when London Irish sign a player who isn't Irish. I understand their history, but it is exactly that. I expect Leicester Tigers was originally founded as a team for people from Leicester to play in.

I think (and am more than happy to be enlightened) that maybe this started when they moved to Reading. Then, they were neither in London nor based on Irish players, hence Not Nots was coined. Prior to this I don't think anyone made much of the players origin as they were in the same boat as London Scottish (before they merged) and London Welsh. Having become the Not Nots, a player's country became highlighted and continues now, but will likely fade in time. All just guesswork on my part.
Makes sense, thank you! :smt023
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Santiago Grondona and Mateo Carreras to Newcastle:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/55414907
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Ollie Thorley , Val Rapava-Ruskin and Seb Nagle-Taylor all re- sign for Gloucester :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/55438433
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

kk20gb30 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:04 pm Ollie Thorley , Val Rapava-Ruskin and Seb Nagle-Taylor all re- sign for Gloucester :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/55438433
Wow. Ruck were wrong about Thorley.

I don't want to alarm anyone but I'm starting develop suspicions that 2020 has been a strange year.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

ABClub wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:42 pm Wow. Ruck were wrong
:smt005 :smt005 :smt005
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Good for Gloucester that Thorley has decided to stay.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni