Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Rizzo, Tigers Webmaster

Locked
RunTigerRun
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 453
Joined: Tue May 05, 2020 6:36 pm

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Post by RunTigerRun » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:52 pm

RagingBull wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:51 am
According to TRP Falcons are having peace talks with Radwan and Blamire after not paying them their England match day fees.
Could be interesting to see how that develops…!

ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1407
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:58 pm

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Post by ABClub » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:31 pm

RagingBull wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:51 am
According to TRP Falcons are having peace talks with Radwan and Blamire after not paying them their England match day fees.
Makes me wonder what sort of state Falcons finances are in. They've had the CVC money of course but that may have just kept them afloat through covid. Kurdi has been keeping them afloat for a long time now.

Tigerbeat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6284
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:14 pm
Location: The big wide world

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Post by Tigerbeat » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:00 pm

ABClub wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:31 pm
RagingBull wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:51 am
According to TRP Falcons are having peace talks with Radwan and Blamire after not paying them their England match day fees.
Makes me wonder what sort of state Falcons finances are in. They've had the CVC money of course but that may have just kept them afloat through covid. Kurdi has been keeping them afloat for a long time now.
Did they not put all their staff on furlough when rugby was suspended?
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk

Robespierre
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2253
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:36 am
Location: Haute-Garonne

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Post by Robespierre » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:17 pm

Springbok prop, Trevor Nyakane (52 caps), could make his début for Racing 92 at Ospreys this weekend.
It appears that he had a contract of two more years with the Bulls and Racing are obliged to pay €280,000 to buy him out.
Racing have made an iffy start to their Top14 campaign (8th place, won 7 and lost 7) but this signing should help them move into play-off contention.
Semper in excreta.

Tigerbeat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6284
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:14 pm
Location: The big wide world

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Post by Tigerbeat » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:54 pm

Scott1 wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:32 pm
Boyd leaving Saints end of this season!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/59935852
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3579
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:23 am

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Post by TigerFeetSteve » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:42 pm

Tigerbeat wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:54 pm
Scott1 wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:32 pm
Boyd leaving Saints end of this season!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/59935852
Telegraph reporting that he'll be replaced by Dowson (don't subscribe so can only see the twitter status)

https://twitter.com/TelegraphRugby/stat ... Ql3Vg&s=19
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 12003
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Post by RagingBull » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:58 am

Time reported that falcons owe England players 100k and the England players made the RFU aware of it.

Radwan could potentially be a target.

ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1407
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:58 pm

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Post by ABClub » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:19 pm

Tigerbeat wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:00 pm
ABClub wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:31 pm
RagingBull wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:51 am
According to TRP Falcons are having peace talks with Radwan and Blamire after not paying them their England match day fees.
Makes me wonder what sort of state Falcons finances are in. They've had the CVC money of course but that may have just kept them afloat through covid. Kurdi has been keeping them afloat for a long time now.
Did they not put all their staff on furlough when rugby was suspended?
Still other outgoings for a club that size though. Look at the weekly losses Tom spoke about for Tigers during lockdown.

It's been confirmed that Falcons have withheld around £100k as RB says. Interestingly the Time article reference a source that says clubs in the past have used the England payments as a "bridging loan" when cash flow is tight. Which I've never heard of before.

Radwan and Chick would both be very good targets. Trevor Davison has played TH this season but prior to that was primarily a LH as well.

Old Hob
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3328
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Post by Old Hob » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:09 pm

Finance is a big issue. Deano says taking a squad to France costs £75, 000. He is worried that 48 hours extra quarantine will add greatly to that bill - so he is considering not competing in the European competition in France. Newcastle may be in trouble.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina

sam16111986
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5423
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:27 pm
Location: Shepshed

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Post by sam16111986 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:21 pm

Old Hob wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:09 pm
Finance is a big issue. Deano says taking a squad to France costs £75, 000. He is worried that 48 hours extra quarantine will add greatly to that bill - so he is considering not competing in the European competition in France. Newcastle may be in trouble.
Bath are rumoured to be thinking of skipping their game in France as well.

The 48 hours pre game stay is added expense but if anyone from the group tests positive it's a 10 day isolation period before they can travel home. That's extra expense and would mean struggling to field a game for the week after with a knock on effect the week after that if the timings are unfortunate.

Old Hob
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3328
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Post by Old Hob » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:29 pm

European games even more messy now as previously postponed games now cancelled and called as 0-0 draws

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/59956566
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3579
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:23 am

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Post by TigerFeetSteve » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:30 pm

Having their biggest money spinning game (boxing day vs Sale) seems to be the straw that broke the camels back.

Being so dependent on a single game income for cashflow is very very dubious grounds to be on considering the possible changes that could happen to crowd allowances.

If they pull out of European fixtures may they get a fine
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.

Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2133
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: South Lincolnshire

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Post by Cagey Tiger » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:15 pm

Old Hob wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:29 pm
European games even more messy now as previously postponed games now cancelled and called as 0-0 draws

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/59956566
Its starting to look a bit ridiculous. As an example, Brizzle (there may be others) are 5th in our pool with 7 points. Without actually playing a game 🤨

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 11398
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Post by Scott1 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:00 pm

Jackson Wray to return from fractured skull in 4-6 weeks! Tough ,tough man and one Sarrie that I actually like 😂

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 11398
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Post by Scott1 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:48 pm

RG Snyman re-signs for Munster

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bendy, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], longlivethecrumbie, TigerFeetSteve and 2 guests